U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,946 times

Advertisements

Hey there. We will be moving to the Tampa area soon and we spoke to a real estate agent who suggested we look in the Riverview area. She stated this area has better schools. I would love some feedback from locals too!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 11:06 PM

707 posts, read 1,334,395 times
In my opinion Riverview is kinda Ghetto...

Old 07-20-2010, 06:49 PM

11,456 posts, read 13,155,000 times
Describe "ghetto".

Old 07-20-2010, 07:00 PM

707 posts, read 1,334,395 times
Lets just say I've used my pepperspray more than twice in Riverview.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:25 AM

26,763 posts, read 41,202,965 times
Rivierview has good home deals since it was very hard hit...which means many empty homes, rentals, etc...

Old 07-21-2010, 07:09 AM

60 posts, read 90,096 times
It still has lots of nice areas, for example Boyette Rd US 301 area...ect.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:52 AM

1,136 posts, read 2,588,589 times
We bought in Riverview for a nice price just 1 year ago, 4/2/3. Love it, neighbors with children love the schools, Fish Hawk schools Fish Hawk is a huge development nearby, but pricey. Nice beach 35minutes away in Bradenton, Anna Marie Island. Came for the water so felt living further south, less Bay water, actual gorgeous Gulf beaches are why we moved to Florida! We came from metro Detroit and feel safe here, know we need to look out, to lock doors and watch out for our neighbors just to be thoughtful and friendly. Found too much congestion in the N Tampa area, under road widening, although we are now facing widening of Boyette Road which is projected to take 3.5years , it's sure to cause more congestion for awhile. The commute is what you need to study. I work in S. Tampa, use the Crosstown Toll road, easy transit, but it costs $5/day. You can get discounts with a pass. I also work in Zephyrhills and Dade City, a little more difficult to get to but surprisingly about as far away from N Tampa/Whesley Chapel as we are, I have coworkers who live in Whesley Chapel who drive 45 minutes to get there and it takes me 45minutes to Zephyrhills, about 55 to Dade City. We found that the road planning was inept Tampa's early days, who knew the growth ...? The area near both I 75, I 275, Temple Terrace area, nice older homes we looked into but they needed too much work for the money and taxes. We have a home, no chinese drywall, 10 years old, sat for sale for a year until we got it, there are deals but live and rent for a while then decide. Best of luck to you!

Old 07-21-2010, 07:53 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,088,128 times
Anna Maria Island is not 35 minutes from Riverview...

Old 07-22-2010, 04:31 AM

26,763 posts, read 41,202,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
We bought in Riverview for a nice price just 1 year ago, 4/2/3. Love it, neighbors with children love the schools, Fish Hawk schools Fish Hawk is a huge development nearby, but pricey. Nice beach 35minutes away in Bradenton, Anna Marie Island. Came for the water so felt living further south, less Bay water, actual gorgeous Gulf beaches are why we moved to Florida! We came from metro Detroit and feel safe here, know we need to look out, to lock doors and watch out for our neighbors just to be thoughtful and friendly. Found too much congestion in the N Tampa area, under road widening, although we are now facing widening of Boyette Road which is projected to take 3.5years , it's sure to cause more congestion for awhile. The commute is what you need to study. I work in S. Tampa, use the Crosstown Toll road, easy transit, but it costs $5/day. You can get discounts with a pass. I also work in Zephyrhills and Dade City, a little more difficult to get to but surprisingly about as far away from N Tampa/Whesley Chapel as we are, I have coworkers who live in Whesley Chapel who drive 45 minutes to get there and it takes me 45minutes to Zephyrhills, about 55 to Dade City. We found that the road planning was inept Tampa's early days, who knew the growth ...? The area near both I 75, I 275, Temple Terrace area, nice older homes we looked into but they needed too much work for the money and taxes. We have a home, no chinese drywall, 10 years old, sat for sale for a year until we got it, there are deals but live and rent for a while then decide. Best of luck to you!
Reading your post it makes me wonder what is true about it....but most is BS to me...Sorry.

First it is Wesley Chapel, but that can be a simple error....

How can it be just as long from Wesley Chapel (where I live) to Zephyrhills as from Riverview which takes about 50 min. and from here to Zephyrhills it takes 15-20 min...., and I'm very close to Zephyrhills.

Something is wrong with your timing. Even if you take Morris Bridge which I do, you can't be in 45 min. in Zephyrhills or perhaps you are one of the people who are passing on Morris bridge , all the time and tail gating, and driving 70 on Morris Bridge....

Old 07-24-2010, 10:12 AM

91 posts, read 307,516 times
Just moved from Tampa Palms to Riverview. From downtown area to Tampa Palms(close to Wesley Chapel) between 7a-830a and 4p-630p will be 45 mins to an hour. Either I75 or 275 are just a nightmare. There are several options to Riverview Adamo/60, US41, 301, Crosstown. My commute has decrease to about 20-25mins and I live of Mcmullen and Boyette.

I guess every area has an undesirable neighborhood. I moved to Riverview in January and have not used pepper spray yet.

Schools...not too crazy about Rodgers middle and Boyette Springs Elementary was descent. I believe they were rated A last year.

Most of our shopping is made in Bloomingdale/Valrico/Brandon area which is 5 minutes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or