U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 10:20 AM

1,139 posts, read 3,009,834 times

Advertisements

We live in the New Tampa area and are considering building a patio and an additional bathroom to the house and would like recommendation from folks who have done the same or who can refer a reputable contractor.

Also, our HOA requires that we submit a property alteration form that has estimates and sketch of the proposed construction with time-line etc.

Our backyard is facing a retention pond and has about 50x 25 free space and we are looking to build a 40x20 patio with a small area(9x5) left for a bathroom.

We are debtating if the access to the bathroom should be from the patio or from one of the bedrooms(will have to remove the window in the bedroom and replace it with a door to the bathroom)

The patio would have about 10 feet of covered aluminum roof and the rest with screened with mesh.

We are price-conscious and have tried to get an approx cost. any website(s) provide cost estimates?

Any suggestions where to start looking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 03:09 AM

12 posts, read 47,405 times
Hi Tampaite,
I would say it would be around $1200 for the patio only, of course this depends on the materials used, the size, etc...For the bathroom I am not sure at all so I would rather not tell you .
Here are a few site than can help you answer your questions and get estimates from contractors in your area.
http://www.onlinetips.org/types-patio-tiles
Cost to build a patio | Estimates and Pricing at Fixr.com
http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-build-a-patio.htm

Hope it helps, let me know how it is going.
Pat

Old 08-04-2010, 05:16 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patson View Post
Hi Tampaite,
I would say it would be around $1200 for the patio only, of course this depends on the materials used, the size, etc...For the bathroom I am not sure at all so I would rather not tell you .
Here are a few site than can help you answer your questions and get estimates from contractors in your area.
HowStuffWorks "How to Build a Patio Overview"

Pat
Thanks Pat!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:21 PM

8,488 posts, read 18,529,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patson View Post
Hi Tampaite,
HowStuffWorks "How to Build a Patio Overview"

Pat
The cost of concrete for an area that size would be more than $1200 and that is just for the concrete. Then you add labor for forming it out, pouring it, engineering, permits, etc.
Then you have the roof and screen to add to that.
I know for a fact it would be well over $1200.
I would say with the bathroom you are looking over $15,000 and it could be way more.
This is just my view but I am sure someone will correct me if I am way off.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:51 PM

1,430 posts, read 2,632,133 times
I have to agree with above, although builders are not so busy so prices should be less, there are less builders in the business now (probably a good thing) and they still command decent rates. You do only get what you pay for, and can cut corners, but its just not worth it. I just had my interior utility redone and it was a small job and cost me about $3500(without any building, just replacement of appliances/closets and plumbing in a sink and unit). The apps were $1700.

I have a great contractor who has done a lot of work for me, building in a lanai and making a 320 sq ft room, remodelling a condo and refitting a bathroom in my home, replacing doors, building interior walls etc etc. He is very good and works hard. If you want his details dm me.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:57 PM

10 posts, read 23,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
The cost of concrete for an area that size would be more than $1200 and that is just for the concrete. Then you add labor for forming it out, pouring it, engineering, permits, etc.
Then you have the roof and screen to add to that.
I know for a fact it would be well over $1200.
I would say with the bathroom you are looking over $15,000 and it could be way more.
This is just my view but I am sure someone will correct me if I am way off.
Mike is much more realistic. We live in Land O Lakes are doing a patio 20 x 26, with pavers. Half the area will be covered with composite roof, half with screen. Total price will be 13,000 and that is our low bidder. Good luck.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 PM

3,313 posts, read 4,546,530 times
I didn't want to start a new topic, so I am posting here... Does anyone lately got quotes for adding a screen room? What is the price range? Can someone recommend any company he/she used (I am in Pasco County)? Thanks!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 AM

26,746 posts, read 41,075,240 times
Make sure you pull a permit otherwise it may bite you in the ...when you want to sell your home.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 AM

3,313 posts, read 4,546,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Make sure you pull a permit otherwise it may bite you in the ...when you want to sell your home.
do I have to get the permit or whoever will build it?

Old 03-14-2013, 03:14 PM

8,488 posts, read 18,529,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
do I have to get the permit or whoever will build it?
The contractor will pull the permit. It is always good to check out your contractor well and this is one way, if they ask you to pull the permit it is possible that they are not licensed.
I have only had the enclosure around my pool done so not sure what a full screen room would cost but I was very happy with the contractor, when I can find the paperwork I will post the name and number so you can get an estimate if you like. It's been 8 years or so can't remember right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or