U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,757 times

Advertisements

I have a question that maybe someone can help with or point me in the right direction. I reside in Pasco County, FL and own a villa. I have a gentleman that lives behind me and keeps his harley IN THE house. I am a big fan of harleys and riding in general, however, these villas are attached, we dont have garages and he rides on the back lawn and into the house. Sometimes this happens at 11 at night. I have confronted our HOA pressident. She addressed the renter and the owner of the home. I was told if it continues, to call the police. I was told by another sheriff from another county, that its a "fire issue" and not police. Im assuming this can not be legal. If it is, I will back down. I just need to know where myself and the our neighbors stand. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 PM

762 posts, read 1,640,285 times
Moderator cut: snip

This has nothing to do with Florida. It's all about being a good neighbor who contributes to the rights of other to have quiet enjoyment in a safe, risk free environment in a communal location such as multiple dwelling housing.

Not only that, it's just pure freakin' common sense no matter where you live???

The guy with the motorcycle is wrong; and it could be deadly wrong.

Last edited by Keeper; 07-19-2010 at 03:55 PM..

Old 07-19-2010, 02:40 PM

4,300 posts, read 5,960,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrkr View Post
This has nothing to do with Florida. It's all about being a good neighbor who contributes to the rights of other to have quiet enjoyment in a safe, risk free environment in a communal location such as multiple dwelling housing.

Not only that, it's just pure freakin' common sense no matter where you live???

The guy with the motorcycle is wrong; and it could be deadly wrong.
Good neighbors are getting harder and harder to find. Common sense and courtesy? Forget it. I disagree with the other poster-if you don't live in an HOA or wealthy neighborhood, Florida is wide open.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:37 PM

2,360 posts, read 4,661,837 times
It was probablly the safest place to park it. Motorcycles have a way of dissappearing around here.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:49 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,819,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
It was probablly the safest place to park it. Motorcycles have a way of dissappearing around here.
I agree. I don't blame the guy for bringing it inside if he doesn't have a garage. If all he is doing is parking it in there I really don't see the problem. Now if he were working on it or running the engine, that would be a problem.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:56 PM

2,726 posts, read 4,585,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree. I don't blame the guy for bringing it inside if he doesn't have a garage. If all he is doing is parking it in there I really don't see the problem. Now if he were working on it or running the engine, that would be a problem.
Agree. But the OP is saying "...he rides on the back lawn and into the house. Sometimes this happens at 11 at night.." If he is riding all the way to the leaving room, that would annoy me too. Having said that it is important to be tolerant to some extent. I tolerated my neighbor's wild music in the middle of the night and well into the morning sometimes.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:58 PM

13,773 posts, read 34,888,248 times
Call the fire dept if you are concerned, however I have to agree if he is just parking it in the house I don't see the problem unless it is waking you up every night.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:11 PM

473 posts, read 1,060,490 times
Moderator cut: snip

I feel for you with your problem though. That sucks. I have a friend who kept his Harley in his apartment through the winter and it was in his living room. It was kind of cool actually but he never fired it up inside or anything like that. Just burned some carpet getting it up the stairs

Last edited by Keeper; 07-19-2010 at 05:49 PM..

Old 07-19-2010, 06:41 PM

2,763 posts, read 4,972,399 times
I dunno, if i had a neighbor that was running his motorcycle in the back yard at 11 at night all the time, i would be annoyed too.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,005 times
Default Harley

can you tell me why you are looking out your window at 11 at nite to see what this Rider is doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or