U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 06:55 AM

164 posts, read 422,613 times

Advertisements

Tis only me again! I've emailed the pinellas county school board to ask how likely it is that I can get places for my daughters in seminole district schools. If however that fails and they get back to me saying there won't be any places (in which case I won't bother trying to rent in that neighbourhood), the next best school district from what I understand would be around safety harbour.
SOOOOOOO....how long would it take me to commute daily from safety harbour to Indian Rocks?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 07:28 AM

749 posts, read 2,202,617 times
I'd give it an hour just to be safe........probably take W. Bay to Keene Rd. then right on Sunset Point Rd. to Safety Harbor, if it were me.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:29 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,274,981 times
Have you looked at magnet and charter schools? There are several of both. Our oldest is going to a magnet in the fall.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:19 PM

817 posts, read 2,026,432 times
That's about a half an hour, maybe a little longer during rush hour.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:03 PM

386 posts, read 912,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootsfromscotland View Post
Tis only me again! I've emailed the pinellas county school board to ask how likely it is that I can get places for my daughters in seminole district schools. If however that fails and they get back to me saying there won't be any places (in which case I won't bother trying to rent in that neighbourhood), the next best school district from what I understand would be around safety harbour.
SOOOOOOO....how long would it take me to commute daily from safety harbour to Indian Rocks?
Have you tried MapQuest? It will give you point-to-point time and mileage.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:23 AM

Thanks guys...tried the mapquest and its saying roughly half an hour. Might be do-able for me. Oh Im going to have my work cut out for me getting everything sorted !...just need to get over there asap and start my driving around!

Old 07-24-2010, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
Have you looked at magnet and charter schools? There are several of both. Our oldest is going to a magnet in the fall.
Hi Maggie, I'd love for my two to get into a magnet school but not sure how feasible it will be certainly initially , given that we are imports from scotland the school system is very different over here so not sure how I could evidence that they fit the criteria for magnet schools. I'll ask the school board though what they think. Thankyou

Old 07-24-2010, 10:34 AM

2,727 posts, read 4,640,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootsfromscotland View Post
Thanks guys...tried the mapquest and its saying roughly half an hour. Might be do-able for me. Oh Im going to have my work cut out for me getting everything sorted !...just need to get over there asap and start my driving around!
Half an hour is a bit optimistic for me. The problem with MapQuest and Google time estimation is that they assume different things for the stop in the lights and there are many of them. Google is normaly conservative and will give you a longer time and the opposit is true for MapQuest. I usually take some where between the two estimates.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:33 PM

25 posts, read 54,641 times
Since magnet schools are based on lottery and her kids have not made the application for the upcoming school year by the deadline, public schools are probably her safest option for this year. At least that is what we decided, since lottery and wait-list is not where I wanted my kids to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or