U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,247,942 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Florida! So glad to have someone come here who actually wants to be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 05:09 AM

214 posts, read 617,709 times
Strongly consider getting the annual Garmin updates. A friend's was out of date and it kept screaming at her to make a turn off a bridge into the Mississippi River. Now that she's updated the software her Garmin is no longer suicidal.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:46 AM

3,380 posts, read 8,212,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Now I have two advises for you 1) change your user name and 2) don't say too much now otherwise you will compromise yourself when it comes to complain later .
Oh yeah... change my username.... how do I do that?

I'm sure I'll be complaining during Halloween. All the kids' candy won't be miniature frozen snickers, the kids won't be slipping on ice and they'll have to leave their jackets at home while trick-or-treating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Cin! View Post
Please tell me how you enjoyed Dollywood? And what was the restaurant you went to on the second night?
Dollywood was nice. Its a smaller park but its clean and pretty entertaining. The shows had low production value and do not expect many thrill rides. The lines were very, very short when we went so that was nice. We will go back with the kids.

1st night at Pigeon Forge we at the Old Mill. 2nd night at Pigeon Forge we at at the Old Mill. You got to understand.... it was the only really good food we had on the entire trip so we had to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
By accepting this mission, of course, you're sworn to secrecy. So don't tell anyone and just start complaining.

Welcome to Florida. Enjoy your new home in good health.
Thanks for the best wishes. I accept your mission and will comply!

I was at Walmart the other day and man..... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE DON'T PUT THEIR CARTS IN THE CART RETURN RACK!? This place is terrible, I am headed out of here as soon as I can. How is someone supposed to live in a place where there are shopping carts all over a parking lot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucat78 View Post
Strongly consider getting the annual Garmin updates. A friend's was out of date and it kept screaming at her to make a turn off a bridge into the Mississippi River. Now that she's updated the software her Garmin is no longer suicidal.
For how much we use the Garmin I will be sure to do so. Trying to keep it off sometimes so I do not become completely dependent on it. I updated it before we left Anchorage and its already confused over on US 19 and where 275 and 60 come together. I have learned to read the signs as well as listen to "Samantha". Yes, we named the GPS. She was named after the voice selection we picked. lol

Old 07-29-2010, 08:12 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,916,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
I was at Walmart the other day and man..... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE DON'T PUT THEIR CARTS IN THE CART RETURN RACK!? This place is terrible, I am headed out of here as soon as I can. How is someone supposed to live in a place where there are shopping carts all over a parking lot? l

Excellent. You may now start complaining about the long line when you go to get your Florida's driver's license.

Shhhh, remember it's a secret so don't tell anyone: you can make an appointment instead.

https://www8.hsmv.state.fl.us/Oasis/...ppointment.jsp

Old 07-29-2010, 09:51 AM

371 posts, read 1,079,471 times
I was at Walmart the other day and man..... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE DON'T PUT THEIR CARTS IN THE CART RETURN RACK!? This place is terrible, I am headed out of here as soon as I can. How is someone supposed to live in a place where there are shopping carts all over a parking lot?

Dont forget about the oppressive heat 11 and a half months out of the year! And the bugs, man they have bugs the size of chihuahuas! (or maybe those were chuhuahaus..not sure...).

Old 07-29-2010, 10:26 AM

2,727 posts, read 5,569,055 times
Wow, what a journey!!

Glad you made it okay!

Old 07-29-2010, 02:43 PM

214 posts, read 617,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Cin! View Post
And the bugs, man they have bugs the size of chihuahuas! (or maybe those were chuhuahaus..not sure...).
Anything smaller than a football cannot be considered a dog. Therefore those probably WERE insects.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:36 PM

4,551 posts, read 6,875,009 times
Getting the FL license won't be a problem if you go first thing in the morning, and I guess it depends on where you go. We go to the Palm Harbor office at the time they open, and were done in 10 minutes. I don't know about the others. But everything is relative to where you got it before.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:58 PM

329 posts, read 687,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Getting the FL license won't be a problem if you go first thing in the morning, and I guess it depends on where you go. We go to the Palm Harbor office at the time they open, and were done in 10 minutes. I don't know about the others. But everything is relative to where you got it before.
went to the same office. early a.m. in and out

Old 08-01-2010, 09:37 AM

17 posts, read 45,063 times
Glad to hear from you and know you & your wife made it safe!

I enjoyed reading your travel log--I think you were very wise to make that trip without kids.

I hope to hear more about your thoughts and experiences in Tampa.

Welcome to Florida!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay