U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 09:14 AM

3,927 posts, read 10,608,136 times

Advertisements

IMO, both Seven Oaks and Meadow Pointe are okay. But, I did hear that Meadow Pointe IV's HOA is having financial problems. Personally, I like Seven Oaks better because of the pool, clubhouse, trails, and the lush landscaping. I have no experience with the schools in the area.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 07:11 AM

6 posts, read 102,677 times
As the OP of this thread we have decided on renting in Seven Oaks. It was between Meadow Pointe and Seven Oaks for us to rent. Both are nice but I liked Seven Oaks communities amenities. We will look to purchase a home in the Wesley Chapel / New Tampa within a year.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:50 AM

7,136 posts, read 11,427,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus2tampa View Post
As the OP of this thread we have decided on renting in Seven Oaks. It was between Meadow Pointe and Seven Oaks for us to rent. Both are nice but I liked Seven Oaks communities amenities. We will look to purchase a home in the Wesley Chapel / New Tampa within a year.

I'm so glad you found a place you like. Enjoy the sunshine and your new community.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:31 AM

26,765 posts, read 41,269,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus2tampa View Post

I own a home in Seven Oaks that I rent out...I'm not solicitating, don't worry , mine is rented out and has been for the last couple of years with only less than 5 days empty in between so we could have it ready for the next tenant.

I only wanted to let you know that if you find a rental in there, don't wait too long to think what to do, otherwise it will be rented....I still get at least 2 -3 calls weekly about the rentals since on the internet sites are linked and not all home owners are informed when a add is linked. I had made all my add inactive but it seems they are still active on sites I never put them...

Good Luck and enjoy Seven Oaks, IMO it is one of the best communities.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:01 PM

6 posts, read 102,677 times
Bentlebee,

Thanks we have already signed the lease. They do seem to move real fast in Seven Oaks.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:21 AM

26,765 posts, read 41,269,275 times
Great Enjoy Seven Oaks...it is really one of the nicest communities around here and the location is also great.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,344 times
in one word... avoid!!! if you would want to live in new Tampa then would at least have to pay $7000 in taxes plus CDD they are HIGH!!!! if u want to live their you've got to have MONEY if your not that type of person then i prefer you stay in brandon, dover, valrico, apollo beach, ruskin, and fishhawk.
P.S. i think RUSKIN is the best place to live it's quite and is very affordable...

Old 04-11-2011, 08:28 AM

7 posts, read 23,782 times
I am also looking at Tampa Palms & Wesley Chapel...looking to move in June or July of this year. Any new thoughts on either areas and schools, specifically Liberty Middle & John Long Middle and Wiregrass & Freedom High Schools? I thought I'd just add onto this post, there was a lot of good information, but since it's been awhile since the original post, I hoped there might be some additional information that you could share.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:03 PM

134 posts, read 481,645 times
I know this posting is from several years ago since we are now in 2011, but I wish you would have given specific examples other than the one sign as to leading you to believe there is gang activity. Any group of bad kids hanging out could be a gang...or are we talking highly functioning gangs that are killing people on the street, raping our daughters, breaking in our homes, drive by's, and the list could go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Meadow Point has for sure gangs but hopefully it will end some day. Just as many other places and I don't think it is worse or better than else where. Scums are every where, but luckily the good people are there in way higher percentages.

If you need to know more about gangs in the area, just call the police and ask them to come to a HOA meeting. We had an undercover cop coming to our community and he explained what the signs are.

He stated Meadow Point has/had gangs. We all have seen the gravity on the Meadow Point signs which is gang member signs according to this cop. Who the gang members are, I don't know, they don't walk around during day time with guns in their hands...they try to be just as undercover as the cops, but the good guys always win in the end.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:17 PM

134 posts, read 481,645 times
I always wonder about these rated schools whether they are an "A" or "C" school...if rote memorization to earn high scores is the way to get an A rating then I question how much parents really know about the schools. I hear so many parents talk about their A rated schools and how great the schools are, but how much time do they really spend in the classroom with the overworked teacher, unruly kids and constant teaching of a test? I was surprised myself when I volunteered in my 3rd grader's class last year. I didn't just go in one time for a fun event, I volunteered two times a week and I found teaching to the test the highest priority while basic math and reading concepts were essentially ignored. Creative thinking and worldly knowledge as well as foreign languages were not high on the priority list. Unruly kids were marginally dealt with and the chaos in the classroom was hard to ignore. This isn't my first bad experience with a public school, we tried public school with our other child and put them in a private school. By far the private school was better because they never taught to a test, when they took the end of the year test which was IOWA they were not taught how to take the test or the material...they just did it. There was no pressure to pass or fail, yet most kids scored above grade level. They focused on learning the basic concepts in math and reading necessary to be a successful student in the future and they prioritized higher level critical thinking skills. And unruly kids? They were dealt with immediately and two kids were asked not to return the following year for things that would be considered minor n the public schools.
I prefer the private schools over public schools. I think kids become a test score rather than a developing student who will be passionate about learning. I also believe that bad behavior is a major distraction in public schools because teachers cannot do too much. God forbid you discipline my child? We are so liberal today that teachers are not respected like they used to be and kids know if they whine to mommy or daddy the teacher will get in trouble. Not true at a private school, teacher respect is extremely important.

So, when everyone talks about their A rated school I wonder how much time that parent has spent in the classroom, not just a half hour special event, but on a weekly basis where they can see what and how things are taught in the classroom. It is eye opening.

I understand many people cannot afford private school, I am not suggesting that at all. There are other options like homeschooling, virtual school, charter schools and/or scholarships to private schools. Just my opinion...you don't have to like it. I just wanted all the newer parents with kids going into grade school soon to stop and think about what A rated really means these days and to have some insights from my experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or