Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:08 PM

5,644 posts, read 6,206,522 times

Advertisements

None of my Tampa friends have gotten a tattoo here in Tampa so I'm hoping to get some word of mouth information regarding a good place to get some a custom tattoo done. I've been trying to get some information online and so far RedLetter1 and Mean Machine look like good possibilities. Has anyone had any experiences (good, bad or otherwise) with either of these shops? Are there other shops I should consider?

As always, thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 07:45 AM

22 posts, read 54,639 times
Id like to know also. I want to get inked of a burning skull on my back and maybe a piercing downstairs

Old 11-08-2009, 12:45 AM

274 posts, read 627,555 times
I got 4 of my 9 done including a right forearm sleeve at Atomic Tattoo. They have a handful of shops in Tampa and St. Pete.
Tampa Bay Tattoo Studios

Also you can check out State of Mind Tattoo over by Madeira Beach. I had 3 of them done by Aaron. The othger artist name there is Josh. You can check out Josh's My space page here: MySpace - Josh Hazle - 28 - Male - SAINT PETERSBURG, FLORIDA - myspace.com/joshhazletattoos and you can see some of Josh's work, but Aarons profile is set to private. They are by appointment only

If you look at my profile here, I have an album with some of my tattoos. I have them named by what studio did them. Take a look...

Last edited by I_Want_Snow; 11-08-2009 at 01:20 AM..

Old 11-08-2009, 06:45 AM

47 posts, read 150,723 times
I have had 2 done at Mean Machine in S. Tampa and 4 done at Blue Devil in Ybor City. I think both places were clean and professional.

I prefer to go to Blue Devil. The artists that work there have been there forever and are all extremely talented at custom work. I've had large pieces done by Esben and Ed-E.

Good luck!

Old 11-10-2009, 03:15 PM

Sorry for not respondiong earlier - I've been out of town. Thanks for all the recommendations...maybe I will take a day to visit Mean Machine, Atomic and Blue Devil. I've heard mixed reviews about Atomic. Some have said that the shops vary in quality. But this is very helpful. There are so many studios here I needed to filter out a few to check out. I'll post a pic when I get it done!

CG

Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 PM

So I got it!!! Ended up getting it from Nick at Mean Machine....and I love it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Recommendations for custom tattoo-pict1535.jpg  

Old 02-05-2010, 06:21 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,219,447 times
Nice.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:22 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Do not go to Atomic, the ink they put in bled out first night, and I'm now missing a line in mine. I've heard amazing things about Red Letter and I like the portfolio of the guys over at Hot Box in Brandon.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:13 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
Maybe you had a problem with one specific artist, I have personally heard nothing but great things about Atomic Tattoos, and they have several locations throughout Tampa Bay as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Do not go to Atomic, the ink they put in bled out first night, and I'm now missing a line in mine. I've heard amazing things about Red Letter and I like the portfolio of the guys over at Hot Box in Brandon.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:28 AM

274 posts, read 627,555 times
My entire right forearm sleeve was done by an artist at Atomic. Its got green, blue, red, orange, black, and grays in it. I got it done 5 years ago and when I was there I went to the beach and was out in the sun almost every weekend. All my lines look great and all my colors still pop.

You had a bad experience with one artist. Also, just because they all work at the same place, it does not mean they all use the same brand of ink either.

Go back and get it fixed. Most artists (real artists anyways) don't want a crappy looking tattoo on anybody.... You are their advertisement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay