U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 09:02 AM

37 posts, read 73,246 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I just bought in Apollo Beach in the Southshore Falls development. It is now a Del Webb community and seems really nice. Prices are down, so I got a good buy, I think.
But I recently found some negative comments about Apollo Beach area itself and I'm wondering if I made the right decision.
I like a small town, so that appeals to me, and it seems to have good access to highways. I know there is some development in the area and it is close, I think, to Sun City Center, which has a new Walmart and many other stores.
Is there really any reason I should be concerned?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 09:31 AM

15,755 posts, read 32,814,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrwnh19 View Post
Hello,
I just bought in Apollo Beach in the Southshore Falls development. It is now a Del Webb community and seems really nice. Prices are down, so I got a good buy, I think.
But I recently found some negative comments about Apollo Beach area itself and I'm wondering if I made the right decision.
I like a small town, so that appeals to me, and it seems to have good access to highways. I know there is some development in the area and it is close, I think, to Sun City Center, which has a new Walmart and many other stores.
All that really matters is if YOU like it. Remember, different things appeal to different people. You will find negative comments on ANY CITY OR NEIGHBORHOOD IN THIS FORUM. You have to take it all, good and bad, with a grain of salt.

Enjoy your new place!

Old 08-05-2010, 10:00 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,904,886 times
Buyer's remorse? Chances are you already thought out all the possibilities before making your decision to purchase. If you decided one way before, what makes you think a different decision now would be the better decision for you? Though, I suppose you could have continued second guessing yourself with what others have to say, rather than just with what you think, so that your decision defaults to indecision. Relax, be happy with your decision, with your purchase and enjoy your new home.

Forums tends to be a bit more enthusiastic about pointing out the negative aspects of a place, hopefully trying to be helpful rather than simply being incapable of being more happy that a person found a comfortable place to live. Grain of salt.

When I was looking to relocate to the Tampa Bay area, I read tons of negative stuff about my area of interest. But I knew the area otherwise. Then I researched it more to double check myself and I spent a lot of time driving around, even staying at a hotel here for a week on a trip that included my other possiblities (including Daytona Beach, Jax, G-ville, etc.) to assure myself of my decision. A year later, I'm still completely satisfied. A year later, people are still saying negative things and most of that is still just as wrong as it was before I decided to buy here.

So, the only reason I see for you to "be concerned" is which worm from that can should be used for fishing the retention ponds in your new development, and not just opening that can for frets. Congrats on your new home. Enjoy it in good health.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:31 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,684,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrwnh19 View Post
Hello,
I think Southshore is a nice development and you have some conveniences closeby (Sweetbay) along w/ a few good restaurants. Not too far from I-75 access.

I wouldn't worry about the "gang" posts - you rarely hear about that in the Apollo Beach area. And you have a gated community - that should give you security.

This kind of news is worrisome, though....

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/aug...uled-homicide/

Old 08-06-2010, 12:53 AM

269 posts, read 555,630 times
Some people write bad things about walmart too (as you say that you like).

Dont listen and dont belive everyone because every person has a diffrent oppinion.

I was reading a while ago that someone said that anything south of central avenue in St Petersburg is bad.. Then someone asked about if Pasadena is bad and didnt even get a respons.

So, why dont you take a few minutes and write down everything that you like about Apollo beach yourself. I think that even if you lived on the beaches people would have oppinion.

Like: Do you live on treasure island? that is a bad neighborhood, you should live in Clearwater.

Understand what i mean?

Old 08-06-2010, 12:55 AM

269 posts, read 555,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I think Southshore is a nice development and you have some conveniences closeby (Sweetbay) along w/ a few good restaurants. Not too far from I-75 access.

I wouldn't worry about the "gang" posts - you rarely hear about that in the Apollo Beach area. And you have a gated community - that should give you security.

This kind of news is worrisome, though....

Death of 26-year-old Tampa woman ruled homicide
Security from what? reality?

I dont live in a gated community and i never had any problems.

I think that if i lived in a gated community i would feel that i am in prison and is hiding from the outside world.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 AM

27,798 posts, read 27,684,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan1983 View Post
Security from what? reality?

I dont live in a gated community and i never had any problems.

I think that if i lived in a gated community i would feel that i am in prison and is hiding from the outside world.

I haven't ever been in prison so I'll take your word for it. But gated communities keep out people who have no business in the neighborhood from scoping out the area. Sure, gated communities have break-in, crime etc, but I'm guessing it would be less likely to happen than in an open neighborhood.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:29 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,885,446 times
Honestly even the homicide link doesn't state the woman lived in Apollo Beach, just that her body was found there apparently dumped by someone in a caddy. That is like saying because a body was found dumped off of I75 in New Tampa that all of that area is bad.

I wouldn't worry.. Apollo Beach is a nice area. My advice is 'look for the good, the bad show up soon enough'. I know someone who lives in that area and he loves it.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:26 AM

7,136 posts, read 11,384,301 times
Don't let the negative comments of people you don't even know upset you. You did your research and were happy with your choice, so disregard the naysayers and enjoy your new place.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:54 AM

214 posts, read 615,699 times
Buyer's remorse is not uncommon. You'll get over it unless you really did buy on a whim. The best advice here or any other forum is to go check the place for yourself and then decide. I assume you did that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay