Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 04:05 PM

169 posts, read 1,066,482 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for places to take small children (ages 4 and 7) to watch fireworks for the 4th? We've gone to Clearwater in the past and it's been nice but I'd love to find a wonderful balcony somewhere in the Tampa area with music and food. Anyone know a secret place they want to share?

Bugs, crowds and traffic don't bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 09:46 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,349,183 times
Channelside, downtown Tampa!

Old 06-26-2007, 07:41 AM

44 posts, read 227,071 times
I still prefer clearwater to all the others (I normally take my boat and watch from there). St. Pete has a good show. You can go to the top deck of the Pier and watch from there.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:54 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,933,428 times
I'm told the roof of the Fort Brooke parking garage in downtown Tampa is the best place to watch the channelside fireworks. I can't vouch for this firsthand though!

The Pier is a lot of fun in St. Pete.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:41 PM

1,051 posts, read 3,355,362 times
The roof of my house is the best place I know... plus, there's a restroom and a refridgerator 20' down, no crowds, parking problems, and traffic congestion getting home. This may not work for everyone.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 AM

192 posts, read 1,161,122 times
One year, after celebrating all day long, I tried watching while laying passed out under the drip spout of the wall a/c at the rear of the Red Dog bar on Bay to Bay.......it's not something I'd recommend! Try Channelside and surrounding areas on the south end of downtown Tampa.......great view and some cool places to while away the remainder of the evening.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:12 PM

169 posts, read 1,066,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
The roof of my house is the best place I know... plus, there's a restroom and a refrigerator 20' down, no crowds, parking problems, and traffic congestion getting home. This may not work for everyone.
OK, T&C, we're coming over to your house... I drink Corona - stock up

Seriously, thanks to everyone for the tips. Chances are we'll probably just go to Clearwater like we always do - I like the orchestra thing... I grew up in Houston and used to go hear the Houston symphony play every year at Herman Park. My b-day is the 5th and I've always considered the 4th my warm up party

Old 06-28-2007, 11:56 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,317,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntfeldman View Post
OK, T&C, we're coming over to your house... I drink Corona - stock up

Seriously, thanks to everyone for the tips. Chances are we'll probably just go to Clearwater like we always do - I like the orchestra thing... I grew up in Houston and used to go hear the Houston symphony play every year at Herman Park. My b-day is the 5th and I've always considered the 4th my warm up party
Well, have a Happy Birthday!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 02:50 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,874,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourtampa View Post
THere are a few show around the area... OF course the show at Channelside.... But that is not good for kids. Treasure Island does a show every year on the beach as well as Holmes beach. Those places are kid friendly as you can bring a beach blanket and chairs and pick a spot... IT doesnt get too crowded. THe beach is a great place since you will see fireworks going off up and down the coastline! visit my Tampa site Visiting Tampa Bay- Explore Tampa Bay The Right Way for more info on 4th of July and upcoming events
Just curious, I have never gone to Channelside on the 4th, why do you say its not good for kids?

Old 07-01-2009, 02:53 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,634,129 times
Speaking of Channelside, I have taken my kids to The Florida Aquarium down there. After 4 (I think) it is only $10 to get in. You walk around the aquarium. Then go outside to their water section. The kids play for hours until they shut off the water at 9:00. People gather their chairs and wait for 30 minutes until the fireworks start. Getting out of the parking lot was difficult though. It takes us a good 45 minutes to get out. Traffic is very difficult. If my youngest did not like fireworks so much, I would avoid the crowds. It seems the word has gotten out about the aquarium because each year, it gets more and more crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay