Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 04:41 PM

37 posts, read 80,977 times

Advertisements

Finally getting ready to move to Florida. I hope the weather is good. I will be closing on my new home next week and really looking forward to it. The packing has been pretty stressful and now I am looking at the long drive. Oh, well, it will be worth it in the end, I'm sure.

I don't see much about Apollo Beach on this board. Is that because it is such a small town? And does anyone know if there is a Sweetbay grocery store in the area. I really prefer them because they are Hannaford and I shop Hannaford up there in New England.

Lulu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 10:46 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrwnh19 View Post
Finally getting ready to move to Florida. I hope the weather is good. I will be closing on my new home next week and really looking forward to it. The packing has been pretty stressful and now I am looking at the long drive. Oh, well, it will be worth it in the end, I'm sure.

I don't see much about Apollo Beach on this board. Is that because it is such a small town? And does anyone know if there is a Sweetbay grocery store in the area. I really prefer them because they are Hannaford and I shop Hannaford up there in New England.

Lulu

Congrats. There is not much in Apollo Beach. I assume you have visited and spent a little time in the area before you picked a home to buy. Good Luck!

Old 08-25-2010, 10:59 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,303,620 times
I second the post above me. I know for a fact there's a Sweetbay around there. There's one for sure in Ruskin and they might've built a new one in Apollo Beach. You also have the Ruskin Drive-in.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:31 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
There's a Sweetbay near MiraBay - and one in Ruskin. There's a third one on Big Bend Road on the east side of I75.

The weather has been very wet lately - good for the water tables, lawns, and excess heat. I think it'll get hot/sunny again next week.

Bucs are playing Jacksonville - plenty of tickets available.

Rays are playing the Bosox - tickets not so readily available.

Florida Orchestra season starts soon.

John Mayer Concert coming in a couple of weeks.

Lightning season starts soon, preseason in a few weeks.

NBA exhibition game in October.

Lots to do in the area-

Welcome to the TB/STP area.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:32 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
There is a Sweetbay on US 41 inbetween Southshore Falls and Apollo Beach Blvd.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:28 PM

78 posts, read 185,671 times
I will be down in Apollo Beach this weekend moving my parents in. Can't wait to make a stop by Apollo Meats and see what all the talk about on this forum is about!!!!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:43 PM

9 posts, read 19,302 times
Welcome to Tampa Bay. If you drive out to Ruskin there is a little spot called Sunset Grille at Little Harbor. A nice place to relax and a pretty good view with a small beach, dock, bar, and restaurant.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:15 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,303,620 times
I think they still have a giant seafood festival at Simmons Park in Ruskin. Very good.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,188 times
As in Apollo Beach... there is really nothing to do there. You'll have to travel like the others mentioned.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:36 PM

15 posts, read 59,336 times
Not only a great seafood festival at Simmons Park, but a fabulous Art Festival...
Enjoy your trip here and please don't let the naysayers and doomers ruin your trip or move to Apollo Beach, it's a fabulous place to live and to make friends..... Life is what you make it!
Lattie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay