U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2010, 02:57 PM

25 posts, read 50,251 times

Advertisements

Like everyone else, I am wondering what is the best part of the Tampa area for what is important to me. I am a professional, 35, SWF. I don't necessarily want to be in suburban neighborhood where it is family after family in houses. But I don't need to be close to the bars and the 'singles scene'. Just an area that is affordable, clean, safe. You know, the basics. I would like to be reasonably close to water (other than a pool, ha ha) - like perhaps 30 min or less to the beach. I am looking to rent at first and then buy after I get more familiarized with the area. But I'd like opinions on a good starting place. I can do about $1000/mo in rent/mortgage. I have a work-from-home job so commute is not a factor. I am planning on moving next spring. Thanks in advance for everyone's opinions and help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 03:25 PM

22,465 posts, read 33,321,908 times
Proximity to the beach would point you toward Pinellas County, otherwise crossing a bridge from Hillsborough County (Tampa area) makes for a long trek to the beach. For $1000 a month you would get a number of decent choices. In terms of being close to other young single adults, in a safe area, and being not so much in suburbia, consider Feather Sound in SE Clearwater or the Gateway area in NE St Petersburg.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:37 PM

25 posts, read 50,251 times
Thank you so much for the suggestions! I will be sure to check them out.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:18 PM

1,342 posts, read 1,805,969 times
Dunedin probably would be it.

St Pete has a lot of singles now and getting more into the true city scene.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:28 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,491,907 times
St. Pete is starting to turn around. It's no longer a city that revolves around retirees and snowbirds.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:37 PM

817 posts, read 2,018,385 times
Old Northeast might be good for you.

Dunedin.

Lots of places along the beach in St Pete and Clearwater.

Downtown Tampa, although the beach is just over 30 mins from there.

Downtown St Pete.

Just a few places.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:30 PM

77 posts, read 185,816 times
I hate to be pessimistic, but I don't feel like Tampa Bay is a great place to live if you're a highly educated young professional - there are extremely few people like that out here. I've been living here for over a year, and I love Tampa Bay - there is a ton going on here, and it is beautiful. However, I still struggle to meet people. From what I've heard, most young professionals end up moving to better places when the opportunity presents itself. Best of luck with your move!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,481 times
Scarlet, I am curious to see where you end up. I'm very similar to you - professional 33 SWF looking to be close to the beach, but not near bars/clubs/etc. I'm seriously considering a move to St. Pete from Atlanta in the next 6-12 months. I'll be there this weekend to check out the area. I hope you update us on your decision. Best of luck!

Old 07-08-2011, 01:41 PM

121 posts, read 317,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikibot View Post
Scarlet, I am curious to see where you end up. I'm very similar to you - professional 33 SWF looking to be close to the beach, but not near bars/clubs/etc. I'm seriously considering a move to St. Pete from Atlanta in the next 6-12 months. I'll be there this weekend to check out the area. I hope you update us on your decision. Best of luck!

Me too! I am 39, SWF- professional looking for the same. Has anyone made a decision on where to live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or