Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 11:22 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,218 times

Advertisements

Not any more, seain. One foreclosed months ago and at the time of your post, the other had sold. Was only on market for a few months. We are ecstatic and we had a great realty company with agents who did their job.

As for the Oak Hill Hospital, I was treated there and had great treatment and no complaints. Actually, the nurses etc. were quite good to me.

As for SH, overall it's a town with potential. Too bad someone doesn't have a vision to see that the right things get done there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 12:39 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
Not any more, seain. One foreclosed months ago and at the time of your post, the other had sold. Was only on market for a few months. We are ecstatic and we had a great realty company with agents who did their job.

As for the Oak Hill Hospital, I was treated there and had great treatment and no complaints. Actually, the nurses etc. were quite good to me.

As for SH, overall it's a town with potential. Too bad someone doesn't have a vision to see that the right things get done there.
I am glad you had no problems at Oak Hill, however we know several people who got infections. The hospital does have a high rate of infection.

We have a family member who needs surgery and is going to Tampa General. Doctor told them in no uncertain terms, no Oak Hill.

Intereresting to read some of these old posts about hi-tech jobs and manufacturing jobs coming in....LOL.

Some of them are close to two years old.

4,000 jobs....they did build a nice Targert there, brought in about 120 mostly part time low paying jobs.

HC is worse off than most places in Florida due to bad planning.

They should have tried bringing in tech and manufacturing jobs about 12 yrs ago instead of just courting the builders and realtors and adding more houses.

They set up a house of cards, which has since fallen.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:43 AM

"As for SH, overall it's a town with potential. Too bad someone doesn't have a vision to see that the right things get done there."

Well when you have CC who are retail clerks and flight attendants( now a plumber wants to run for CC) in charge of million dollar budgets this is what you get.

All they did was build and build more houses. They have so many subdivisons that look like ghostowns. Empty homes for sale or rent.

A story today in the local paper discussed the issue of break-ins and squatters in the many vacant homes.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:24 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,197,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I am glad you had no problems at Oak Hill, however we know several people who got infections. The hospital does have a high rate of infection.

We have a family member who needs surgery and is going to Tampa General. Doctor told them in no uncertain terms, no Oak Hill.

Intereresting to read some of these old posts about hi-tech jobs and manufacturing jobs coming in....LOL.

4,000 jobs....they did build a nice Targert there, brought in about 120 mostly part time low paying jobs.

They should have tried bringing in tech and manufacturing jobs about 12 yrs ago instead of just courting the builders and realtors and adding more houses.

Tampa General is the last place I would go. They made national headlines about a decade ago when a patient went to have a leg amputated. The procedure went fine, the amputation was successful but just one problem......they amputated the good leg. True story.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:35 AM

137 posts, read 545,695 times
I've been to Spring Hill Regional twice for which I really loved and stayed a day or two.. I went to Oak Hill which was good too but it was just a quick ER visit. I had surgery at Tampa General where I was treated fine (of course some nurses are better than others) and Brooksville Regional which treated my husband for a sprained wrist in the ER and treated us wonderfully. We have 3 hospitals in Hernando County if you do not like one...try the other.

Hernando County was hit very hard by this economy and those of us who live here (well me anyway) choose to help it get better instead of bashing it. I go shopping here and try not to go to Pasco/Hillsborough unless I have to. We eat at the restaurants, support the mom and pop shops, keep up with our home, go to local events and support the area any other way we can. We too paid top dollar for our home but there is no point in sulking. The sooner the foreclosures get off the market the the values will go up but remember taxes will go up too so then everyone will be complaining about that.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:06 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:

I too have had recent experience with Oak Hill and not one problem.

Had rotator cuff surgery that went fine back in Feb and just had a spinal tap last month, also no problem.

Oak Hill has once received an award for Clinical Excellence from healthgrades.com

Also here are a few quotes about the 4000 jobs we were talking about last year. Notice how it was mentioned it was still in the planning stages and a few years away. There are many other projects in other states and other areas that are delayed because of the current economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Well if the county and John Selway manage to put together the 2 million square foot industrial park which would be focused on bringing 145 hi-tech tool manufacturers here that would go a long way to jump starting the county.

It would bring about 4,000 high paying jobs here.

The nice thing about it is it would go in near the airport so it is on land that is already industrial. They wouldn't have to try and rezone any agricultural land.
Quote:
I only heard about it in the last few months and it is still a few years away but the construction jobs alone from building the industrial complex would be a big boon.
Quote:
There are a few projects going in on Spring Hill Dr. just past the Suncoast.

There is also a decent size business park going in down on Anderson Snow Rd just north of the soccer fields.

The 2 Mil Sq Ft project is just in the "want to" stage. They want to do it but there is a way to go before we get excited about it

Old 11-07-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sange77 View Post
I've been to Spring Hill Regional twice for which I really loved and stayed a day or two.. I went to Oak Hill which was good too but it was just a quick ER visit. I had surgery at Tampa General where I was treated fine (of course some nurses are better than others) and Brooksville Regional which treated my husband for a sprained wrist in the ER and treated us wonderfully. We have 3 hospitals in Hernando County if you do not like one...try the other.

Hernando County was hit very hard by this economy and those of us who live here (well me anyway) choose to help it get better instead of bashing it. I go shopping here and try not to go to Pasco/Hillsborough unless I have to. We eat at the restaurants, support the mom and pop shops, keep up with our home, go to local events and support the area any other way we can. We too paid top dollar for our home but there is no point in sulking. The sooner the foreclosures get off the market the the values will go up but remember taxes will go up too so then everyone will be complaining about that.

You should support local establishments, however when it comes to health and needing surgery you need to make wise choices.

None of the local hospitals in HC have received good marks.

Maybe when you or your husband needs major surgery(God forbid) you will understand what I am talking about.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I too have had recent experience with Oak Hill and not one problem.

Had rotator cuff surgery that went fine back in Feb and just had a spinal tap last month, also no problem.

Oak Hill has once received an award for Clinical Excellence from healthgrades.com

Also here are a few quotes about the 4000 jobs we were talking about last year. Notice how it was mentioned it was still in the planning stages and a few years away. There are many other projects in other states and other areas that are delayed because of the current economy.

Good for you. We know half a dozen families who lost loved ones in Oak Hill. Due to infection, and they weren't all elderly.

It has two nicknames "Boot Hill" and "Croak Hill".

If someone needs surgery they should look outside the area. Smart people head to Tampa or out the area completely.

All three hospitals have received failing grades in several areas.

Brooksville/ Spring Hill are owned by the same company and employ contract nurses, so there is no consistency with the staff.

More room for error when you have people coming and going and not properly communicating with each other.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:57 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Good for you. We know half a dozen families who lost loved ones in Oak Hill. Due to infection, and they weren't all elderly.

It has two nicknames "Boot Hill" and "Croak Hill".

If someone needs surgery they should look outside the area. Smart people head to Tampa or out the area completely.

All three hospitals have received failing grades in several areas.

Brooksville/ Spring Hill are owned by the same company and employ contract nurses, so there is no consistency with the staff.

More room for error when you have people coming and going and not properly communicating with each other.
I have searched but could not find anywhere an article or anything stating someone died from an infection caused by Oak Hill.
I would think of the half dozen this has happened to that you know personally at least one would make the news. I would also think that if you know 6 people it happened to then there must be many more but strangely I could not find mention of one.

I have not seen anything stating they got failing grades.

I did post they received the Clinical Excellence Award and stated the source, where are your sources.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:18 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,585,482 times
Default Spring Hill Regional

I was in the Spring Hill Regional emergency room tonight with a friend, and there was a young couple there, the fellow looked sick, sore throat, fever
they had no money between them, no insurance, the doctor filled out prescriptions for the fellow and then told the couple if they couldn't come up with a deposit they couldn't have the prescriptions.

The female went out of the room and came back with a handful of pennies, nickels and dimes, thats all the money they had she told the person at the desk, the desk lady told her it wasn't enough, she explained they were living in their car and thats all the money in the world they had, the couple finally got the scripts and out the door they walked. Later around midnight, I was at CVS and there was that same couple trying to fill the prescriptions, they were asking everyone in the parking lot for money so they could fill the scripts. They needed $45.00.

If I hadn't seen it or heard it I wouldn't have believed that Spring Hill Regional would have held back prescriptions because people couldn't pay, the hospital will probably not a a nickel from this couple, they were down on their luck, he was ill and his wife/girlfriend was frantic to get his medicine for him. I did give them a few bucks. Even with the new Healthcare package that they passed tonight in the House, this couple probably couldnt' have afforded to get the health care insurance that Obama is pressing for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay