Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 07:39 PM

236 posts, read 900,869 times

Advertisements

I'm not any kind of agent! But I do live in Spring Hill and I would not move here, if I knew before what I know now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 01:16 PM

6 posts, read 36,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue717 View Post
I'm not any kind of agent! But I do live in Spring Hill and I would not move here, if I knew before what I know now!
Thank You! It is one thing to want to protect the area that you live in, but to just lie to other people wanting to move there. Shame on you. Those who only listen to one opinion and not do the research will reap the consequences. And I take back what I said about insurance. It is available in the area, however, not for a reasonable price. Just to compare. Insurance rates in Hillsborough county are from $850 ($170,000 in cov to $2500 $860,000 in cov) You will not compare in PAsco/Hernando. unless you go with Citizens. You might want to research the Reinsurance issues with companies like these. and i never said Spring Hill was a BAD area, just not a smart "buying area". Rent for awhile..do some research...you will be surprised. MAybe rent from Mike..he seems like an honest guy

Old 07-02-2007, 01:43 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoie2003 View Post
Thank You! It is one thing to want to protect the area that you live in, but to just lie to other people wanting to move there. Shame on you. Those who only listen to one opinion and not do the research will reap the consequences. And I take back what I said about insurance. It is available in the area, however, not for a reasonable price. Just to compare. Insurance rates in Hillsborough county are from $850 ($170,000 in cov to $2500 $860,000 in cov) You will not compare in PAsco/Hernando. unless you go with Citizens. You might want to research the Reinsurance issues with companies like these. and i never said Spring Hill was a BAD area, just not a smart "buying area". Rent for awhile..do some research...you will be surprised. MAybe rent from Mike..he seems like an honest guy

The only lie was in your statement that insurance was hard to get in Pasco/Hernando.

Please have something to back yourself up with before calling someone a liar.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:15 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,689 times
Default Mike

I've been with Citizens for nearly 8 yrs. I have a wonderful agent who bends over backwards for me, she suggested things to do to get my insurance down from $4,500 to $1,633..........and I would say yes, it is hard to get insurance, nearly everyone on my block has been dropped by their insurance
and are with Citizens. You with 4 properties are very lucky to have found insurance and I hope at a reasonable price. My agent has looked and looked for me and can't find me anything cheaper than Citizens.

I will and still say that Hernando Cty is not for everyone, my case in point, nearly 1,000 kids graduated this past May, many are unemployed, going to the beach, movies, hanging out at Dunkin Donuts or at others homes.
Luckily my daughter is going off to college and won't have to worry about a full time job for awhile....but what about the others? I worry about the future of Hernando Cty, you should also.........I pray that the market starts to pick back up, its sad to drive around and see empty homes, its sad
that kids have nothing to do and its sad that people paint a glowing picture of an area that could use some help. Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:26 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,819 times
Spring Hill is developing nicely. Now so that it continues. They are building and people are coming. I believe they nixed another Wal-Mart in effort to give residents some things they want: new restaurants, Pantera's (spl), Old Navy and a realtor said a chain bookstore and Star$ are slated for building and should start and open soon.

Supporting these businessess will result in more good things coming to the area. Write companies you want to see set up there. Lucky to those who are already housed and settled in. They have first dibs on enjoying all.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:30 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
Spring Hill is developing nicely. Now so that it continues. They are building and people are coming. I believe they nixed another Wal-Mart in effort to give residents some things they want: new restaurants, Pantera's (spl), Old Navy and a realtor said a chain bookstore and Star$ are slated for building and should start and open soon.

Supporting these businessess will result in more good things coming to the area. Lucky to those who are already house and settled in. They have first dibs on enjoying all.
Starbucks is going in, in front of Office Depot on SR50 next to the Dunkin Donuts.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:51 AM

6 posts, read 36,862 times
Songbird......There is a new company , Royal palm. Not all agents can write it, but it is worth a shot. Congrats about your daughter. i have 4 of my own and it is hard these days finding a community that offers the kids something once they graduate. Good Luck.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Mike...

Our property is five minutes from that new hub. Maybe we shouldn't lower it so.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:49 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,689 times
I happen to love Sam Selter's Steakhouse, I go to the one at the mall in Port Richey on a monthly basis, when I saw that the Whistle Junction had closed, I was right there writing Sam Selters, the existing parking lot is great, the building looks like its in great shape.....so i suggested they look into it. Got
a reply that Olive Garden already had a contract and they are looking for a place in Hernando Cty because alot of there business is from Hernando Cty
I have the time to ride around and look, so I'm always on the lookout for that "prime spot" for them to go here.

I also wrote to books-A-million/barnes & noble/borders and was told by all three that the education level and household income is not here in Hernando
Cty yet........they aren't even looking at this place or so I was told.

I also know that there's a possibility that a Huddle House and hotel are coming on US19S near Home Depot.

So the area is growing........of course, our commissioners well I wish that they would use common sense when it comes to running this county, if I ran my home the way they run this county I would be bankrupt in a heartbeat.
Newest and brillent suggestion on there parts, auction off the homes that they bought for way too much money, who in there right minds will buy a house that they have to move, alot of those homes are 20 yrs old or more.
Good grief Charlie Brown, what are they thinking.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:36 PM

Songbird, what is a Huddle House? And here I was told that a bookstore was going in near the "hub" on Cortez? Maybe it's not one of the bigger chains but a smaller outfit. Hope one of them goes in there.

Whistle Junction closed? That must've been recent. Sounds like something new and improved is taking its place.

Re: those houses on Elgin, don't they have to go because of road widening? I thought I read that first they were going low-income and now I hear auctioning off but the buyers have to pay this n' that fees. If they are very old, just pay off owners and level them. Unless they try to sell what they can and level the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay