Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 12:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,043 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

I am looking to relocate to the Tampa Bay area and I'm curious if there is a job board that is more catered to finding employment in a local business? I have a technical background, but I do not seem to be getting that many callbacks from monster and other big site postings.

Are there any fun booming industries in the area that I might have more luck finding employment in? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 12:45 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,308,519 times
it really depends on your qualifications. A booming industy might not be your industry. Trying to break into a new career field (not just a new job or career) is tough. I think the FL unemployment rate is hovering close to 13%.

Check out indeed.com

Old 10-01-2010, 01:43 PM

113 posts, read 279,269 times
When you say technical background, what type of jobs? Computer programming?

Old 10-01-2010, 02:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,043 times
Ah, I didn't clarify!

I have experience both in desktop/technical support and computer/web programming. I wouldn't say I'm senior level at any of them, but I'm sure I could handle a entry/junior level position.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:42 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
I believe the website indeed or dice may assist-however, Tampa has a 13% unemployment rate so be prepared to look for at least 8 months to a year

Old 10-01-2010, 10:40 PM

113 posts, read 279,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afuzzyllama View Post
Ah, I didn't clarify!

I have experience both in desktop/technical support and computer/web programming. I wouldn't say I'm senior level at any of them, but I'm sure I could handle a entry/junior level position.
I agree with the other poster about Dice.com and Indeed.com, but Dice appears to be more tech jobs so you should check that one for sure. One thing about Dice, type in "software" or a related term and see how many of that type of job show up for Tampa, then compare it to your current city or other cities you were looking into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay