Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 04:43 AM

156 posts, read 946,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Im more for Mom and Pop retail and restaurants, close knit historic neighborhoods, proximity to central busines districts, sporting/concert event halls, airport/ports and nightlife, so I choose South Tampa area.
I agree, but I was looking yesterday for a rental and everthing I looked at (at least a 2/2 with a yard for dogs) started at 1600 a month and parking can be a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 06:33 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,378,770 times
Check out 33611, and 33616, my neighborhood is a block from the Bay just east of Westshore Blvd, and just south of Euclid Avenue, and most are running from 190k for a 2/1 home to 350k for a 3/2 home.
Although you will find modestly priced homes in the other zips(33629,33609).

Old 07-13-2007, 06:34 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,378,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk722 View Post
I agree, but I was looking yesterday for a rental and everthing I looked at (at least a 2/2 with a yard for dogs) started at 1600 a month and parking can be a problem.
Check craigslist.com also. South of Euclid Ave also.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:15 PM

61 posts, read 242,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello47 View Post
Hi, We have not been to Florida thinking about coming to look and maybe movr there. can you please tell me what are the best areas for a family to live in? Is Tarpon springs and the areas nearby nice ? If you have ever been to Tarpon springs can you Please tell me what its like there? Also, what are some othere nice areas ? Thanks for your help!!!

Can you also please tell me what areas to stay away from , counties & cities, thanks
If you want an answer worth anything you will have to give more specifics such as what do you think constitutes "nice". Also what is your size and price range? Do you care about schools? Do you know where you will work? There are plenty of places that someone will claim is "nice". However what is nice for a retiree with no school age kids may not be nice for someone with kids and a need to commute every day.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:57 PM

71 posts, read 333,916 times
We ended up finding a couple of places we liked in Riverside Heights.

Riverside Heights - Maps

This site is great for figuring out where nieghborhoods are.

Find a Neighborhood

Old 07-15-2007, 09:02 AM

15 posts, read 57,961 times
Default family life ?? best ??

well for quality of life for FAMILY, I think maybe outside Tampa, but the commute can be awful , south Tampa is becoming very expensive, I had a house in WestChase near Linbaugh and the commute in and out can be nasty ! but the same can be said coming in to dt from Brandon, or Vlilla Rica (which is the worst- HWY 60) - I know many people who have decided to live in northern Manatee County and either drive across the skyway or up 75, just to miss the traffic coming in form places like New Tampa, West Chase, Carollwood, etc ! Tarpon Springs is a great little community, but that's a hike ! we just looked at a home in a gorgeous area around Apollo Beach....right on the water it's called Mira Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello47 View Post
Hi, We have not been to Florida thinking about coming to look and maybe movr there. can you please tell me what are the best areas for a family to live in? Is Tarpon springs and the areas nearby nice ? If you have ever been to Tarpon springs can you Please tell me what its like there? Also, what are some othere nice areas ? Thanks for your help!!!

Can you also please tell me what areas to stay away from , counties & cities, thanks

Old 08-07-2007, 03:34 AM

29 posts, read 122,834 times
I live in Lutz(33558) and find it to be the perfect location for a family. You are minutes from the Vets Express/Dale Mabry Hwy for downtown access, yet far away from urban concerns. The public schools are excellent and there are many safe family-friendly communities...Heritage Harbor, Villa Rosa, Cheval, etc. Odessa/Westchase are also nice areas for families.
Hope this helps.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:06 PM

134 posts, read 522,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm considering a few places - moving in 2 years to TB area.
Wesley Chapel, Pebble Creek (off of Bruce B. Downs), Brandon (near Towncenter/Pavillion), Riverview (Summerfield area). I like being near the Crosstown Expressway - easy to get into downtown Tampa.
I used to live in Pebble Creek, we owned a house off Cypress Shadow Ave. in Country Crossings. It is a quiet neighborhood, but the houses are older and we completely re-did ours inside. There are no CDD's in Pebble Creek. It is close to shopping, movies, and restaurants, but the beach is still a good drive.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:22 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Danashores is the best of all of Tampa.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,189 times
Where would it be ok for a interracial couple to move in Florida(Tampa,West Palm Beach and the Panhandle)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay