Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 09:18 PM

451 posts, read 930,705 times

Advertisements

Do you own a car in the Tampa Bay? You may not realize it, but your car was built with a feature you may not use that will totally revolutionize the way you drive!! Want to try it out? Hop in your car, follow these steps, and experience a brand new way to drive.

First, sit down in the drivers seat with your hands on the wheel. There should be a weird looking bar extending off of the left (or sometimes right) side of your steering wheel. Sometimes, your car will have two of these weird bars. While one will allow you to turn on and off your headlights, the other bar will allow you to do amazing things with your car!!

This special bar will allow you to communicate with other drivers, to let them know what you intend to do with your vehicle. It's called, get this-- a turn signal!! That's right, with this amazing new device you can truly share the road with other drivers, and tell them what you intend to do with your vehicle.

How can you use this amazing new technology? It's simple. If you plan on turning your car to the left, shift this bar toward the left. When you do this, lights on the front, back and sometimes the sides of your vehicle will begin to flash in that direction. Want to turn to the right? Just shift that bar to the right, the same thing will happen. It's amazing!!

What's the best part? While you may not be aware of it, this technology is actually BUILT IN to your car! Yes, it's built in!! FREE of charge and ready for you to use right away!!

From now on, when you make a turn, you can rest assured that the other drivers on the road will be aware of your movements, which will prevent car accidents, save time-- and even save lives!!

Experience your independence, Tampa Bay, experience a new world of communication with your neighbors. Let them know just what it is you plan to do with that shiny car of yours. Help build a better, safer, friendlier and more communicative Tampa Bay with this amazing new technology, the turn signal!!!!!

(this message was brought to you, in jest, by the Citizens for a Non Moronic Tampa Bay, where people actually care about the other drivers on the road. Say no to bad communication, say no to road rage with your brand new Turn Signal!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 10:20 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,275,758 times
I find your ideas intriguing and I would like to know more.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:08 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,054,207 times
You should post this in other city forums like Dallas, NYC and LA those people are NUTSO on the road!!!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:13 AM

15,913 posts, read 20,140,196 times
Excellent discovery, you don't think people will get confused do you?

Old 10-08-2010, 05:23 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,298,396 times
If you dont use them your bulbs will last longer. Go green!

Old 10-08-2010, 07:00 AM

817 posts, read 2,243,986 times
This device is not used in the following cities outside of Florida-

Boston
Dallas
Atlanta
Houston
Philadelphia
Nashville
Charlotte
LA
San Francisco
Chicago

Old 10-08-2010, 07:10 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,094,921 times
My bulbs have burnt out so I use the next best thing, my longest finger.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 AM

1,500 posts, read 3,319,802 times
I have the discriminatory version 2a: they blink when my maneuver will require another to apply brakes. They do not blink just to give the other opportunity to apply gas.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:37 PM

427 posts, read 1,090,343 times
If you really want to throw the competition off you just leave the turn signal on for the whole drive. They remain hopeful that you will make a turn when in fact you don't.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:52 PM

427 posts, read 1,090,343 times
And nobody really messes with me either ever since I tinted my windows black and added a bunch of fake chrome to the old jalopy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay