Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:16 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times

Advertisements

I am not the fighting type, but I had a pizza place incident on South Howard at 2:30 in the morning on friday night which lead to me calling everyone social retards with no personality and an inflated sense of self importance, followed by me taking my pizza to go, cold. details not important right now)

Now you have to tell the story-we are all ears....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 AM

158 posts, read 284,271 times
Cool JoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
Ah- this city is just like a lot of other cities on the east or west coast. There is always going to be one group of people or one part of town that has a higher level of pretentiousness.

I am not the fighting type, but I had a pizza place incident on South Howard at 2:30 in the morning on friday night which lead to me calling everyone social retards with no personality and an inflated sense of self importance, followed by me taking my pizza to go, cold. details not important right now)

I think my size and the way I carry myself kept me from getting my *ss kicked, but it was frustrating... and I swear- before I went off on my tangent, this thread was the single thing I thought of.

My pizza was extra delicious that night and I realized that these people dont even realize it. I also came to the revelation that it is the younger people I dont like. 21-25 or so. I have been consistantly meeting some really cool people over the past few weeks that are late 20s and early 30s.

Tampa is still a great town... and South Tampa has a lot to offer. Just make your friends downtown and in westshore
I live in "Johnson County" KS (for some reason they go by counties here instead of cities) You often hear people state they will not leave the four walls of Johnson County because they have heard stories of what goes on outside of the perimeter, SERIOUSLY PEOPLE??? If you don’t see a Benz or a Maserati you are not in Johnson County and it is not safe *lol* ...Social Retards

"pizza place incident" I hate when that happens At least it was extra delicious with all the trouble you went through in getting it.

I have lived many places and traveled to several states and I truly believe every city/county has it's pretentious crowd and its more charming crowd. I have been to Martha's Vineyard where you hear how everyone turns their nose up if you are not a local, and that is not what I experienced while visiting. Chicago has almost never been a good experience for me socially but some people I know love it there and want to live there.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:55 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,308,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post

Now you have to tell the story-we are all ears....
haha... here it goes...

It was a beautiful october night in South Tampa when I decided to get a few slices of pizza. Two buffalo slices, which has become my recent late night fix, since calories dont count after midnight.

I pull up to my new favorite pizza place, which I dont know the name of. There are usually way two many beautiful college girls standing around for me to pay attention to the sign. I am only 27, so the previous statement is not creepy... yet.

I am a little frustrated because there is a huge line, and I am very tired. I park my car and walk up to the pizza place and get in line, which is out the door. I finally make my way in through the door and into the tiny lobby that is more or less a mess of people some waiting to eat, some standing and eating.

I am only a few people from the register at this point when i feel something rub across the back of my new $80 shirt. Price of the shirt is irrelevant, but I threw it in for effect, and I know I cannot spell.

I reach look down and see grease marks across my back and some total fool looking jack*ss standing there looking straight at my. I give him about 3 seconds to apologize. Nothing. So I say "You have got to be f*cking kidding me". Get this... This dude takes a big as bite of his pizza, just stares at me as he chews it, mouth open, then turns and walks away.

Thats when I went off...

I say "WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF RETARDS WITH NO SOCIAL SKILLS!"

At this point everyone is looking at me, in disbelief. I think some are probably thinking "there is nothing wrong with me, im perfect" while other are thinking "This guy is about to have a post-Iraq PTSD breakdown"

At this point I get no response, as I suspected I would.... But wait... there was a response coming.

This girl in a little black dress says "I know, right?"

While she probably saw me pull up in a BMW (because that is important in south tampa) and didnt appear to be with any guys, This would probably have been an opportune time for my "typical guy" senses to kick in, but they didnt. I was still heated. And it gets better...

I say "where did you come from?"

She says "Oh, I cut you, I didnt think you would mind in a flirtatous manner"

Normally I wouldnt mind, I would taken this opportunity to flirt but definately give her a hard time for cutting. But she got me in the wrong moment.

She procedes "But I know what you are saying about people down here, what is with them?"

And I procede "Are you kidding? You are just as bad as the rest of them. How old are you?"

She replies 21

I said "You have a long time before you grow out of this crap"

At that point she had nothing else to say, and I Reached over here with $10 cash and said "Two buffalo slices to go, in a box, cold" The guys behind the counter had seen this transpire, so they promptly accepted my business and handed my cold pizza upon request. As I pulled out I got some odd looks, but nobody said anything.

I am actually a very mild mannered person, but I recently started taking some testosterone enhancers to push me over my plateau at the gym. Never for a second did the idea of fighting cross my mind, but I piped up when I normally would have just let it go.

In the end, I have a good story to tell- And I did it for you city-data forum "looking for girlfriends that arent idiots" threat contributors and readers!

Old 10-20-2010, 02:35 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,880 times
Quote:
haha... here it goes...

It was a beautiful october night in South Tampa when I decided to get a few slices of pizza. Two buffalo slices, which has become my recent late night fix, since calories dont count after midnight.

I pull up to my new favorite pizza place, which I dont know the name of. There are usually way two many beautiful college girls standing around for me to pay attention to the sign. I am only 27, so the previous statement is not creepy... yet.

I am a little frustrated because there is a huge line, and I am very tired. I park my car and walk up to the pizza place and get in line, which is out the door. I finally make my way in through the door and into the tiny lobby that is more or less a mess of people some waiting to eat, some standing and eating.

I am only a few people from the register at this point when i feel something rub across the back of my new $80 shirt. Price of the shirt is irrelevant, but I threw it in for effect, and I know I cannot spell.

I reach look down and see grease marks across my back and some total fool looking jack*ss standing there looking straight at my. I give him about 3 seconds to apologize. Nothing. So I say "You have got to be f*cking kidding me". Get this... This dude takes a big as bite of his pizza, just stares at me as he chews it, mouth open, then turns and walks away.

Thats when I went off...

I say "WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF RETARDS WITH NO SOCIAL SKILLS!"

At this point everyone is looking at me, in disbelief. I think some are probably thinking "there is nothing wrong with me, im perfect" while other are thinking "This guy is about to have a post-Iraq PTSD breakdown"

At this point I get no response, as I suspected I would.... But wait... there was a response coming.

This girl in a little black dress says "I know, right?"

While she probably saw me pull up in a BMW (because that is important in south tampa) and didnt appear to be with any guys, This would probably have been an opportune time for my "typical guy" senses to kick in, but they didnt. I was still heated. And it gets better...

I say "where did you come from?"

She says "Oh, I cut you, I didnt think you would mind in a flirtatous manner"

Normally I wouldnt mind, I would taken this opportunity to flirt but definately give her a hard time for cutting. But she got me in the wrong moment.

She procedes "But I know what you are saying about people down here, what is with them?"

And I procede "Are you kidding? You are just as bad as the rest of them. How old are you?"

She replies 21

I said "You have a long time before you grow out of this crap"

At that point she had nothing else to say, and I Reached over here with $10 cash and said "Two buffalo slices to go, in a box, cold" The guys behind the counter had seen this transpire, so they promptly accepted my business and handed my cold pizza upon request. As I pulled out I got some odd looks, but nobody said anything.

I am actually a very mild mannered person, but I recently started taking some testosterone enhancers to push me over my plateau at the gym. Never for a second did the idea of fighting cross my mind, but I piped up when I normally would have just let it go.

In the end, I have a good story to tell- And I did it for you city-data forum "looking for girlfriends that arent idiots" threat contributors and readers!

Please sum this up better. I got lost in this story with the black girl. Like I couldnt understand why you told her to grow up, and then you bought her pizza or whatever. That part didnt make sense. It sounded like you were being rude to someone who took your side for a minute there especially when you said you're just as bad as the rest of them. Clarify a little thx.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
Please sum this up better. I got lost in this story with the black girl. Like I couldnt understand why you told her to grow up, and then you bought her pizza or whatever. That part didnt make sense. It sounded like you were being rude to someone who took your side for a minute there especially when you said you're just as bad as the rest of them. Clarify a little thx.
No black girl. Girl in a black dress. Did not buy her pizza. She cut me in line (and about 20 people behind me) and tried to divert my attention from the fact she cut by making small talk- accept for the fact that that my frustration was with exactly the type of thing she had just done. I may have left out a comment or two on accident. Don't really know or care. Im typing on my iPhone.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:51 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,880 times
Quote:
No black girl. Girl in a black dress. Did not buy her pizza. She cut me in line (and about 20 people behind me) and tried to divert my attention from the fact she cut by making small talk- accept for the fact that that my frustration was with exactly the type of thing she had just done. I may have left out a comment or two on accident. Don't really know or care. Im typing on my iPhone.

Ok now I see it. I wasn't reading it right that day. Its easy to do sometimes and yes, she sounds like she could have been just as bad and now I see you pulled up with your BMW and read it again, it adds up well now. No black girl would really pay attention if you had a BMW lol.

This one here sounded like she was being fake friendly but possibly just as bad as the rest you complain about. Oh and I'd like to let you know that I drove through South Tampa the other day while I was in Tampa for a concert. I saw South Tampa, to me it doesnt look too snobby the closer to Downtown it is, but closer to that mall and even further from downtown, possibly. I saw a few massage parlors on that road and some mom and pop BBQ place. That to me did not look as snobby as say Lakewood Ranch or parts of Sarasota overall. When the buildings got newer though and that mall showed up on my right, then yes maybe over there is where you had your problems.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:28 PM

286 posts, read 1,029,636 times
Ha wow this has been a funny read people. I hang out in Hyde Park a lot and hardly noticed any of this stuff. I'm 25, student, dress well, cute but not a 10 or anything, and drive a Toyota. Overall my persona and appearance is a combo of dorky/"cool" but more toward the dorky side overall, I say with pride.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:03 AM

56 posts, read 187,133 times
I am single, 32, and I'm moving to South Tampa in three months. I've been living in Europe for ten years now, but I know a few people who all say they love Tampa and that I will love it when I move there. Granted, they aren't the best of friends, but if all 3, who happen not to know each other, all enjoy Tampa perhaps you guys just aren't finding the right activities to do! Or, perhaps thats me being an optimist since this thread makes me a bit nervous

Old 10-25-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanis View Post
I am single, 32, and I'm moving to South Tampa in three months. I've been living in Europe for ten years now, but I know a few people who all say they love Tampa and that I will love it when I move there. Granted, they aren't the best of friends, but if all 3, who happen not to know each other, all enjoy Tampa perhaps you guys just aren't finding the right activities to do! Or, perhaps thats me being an optimist since this thread makes me a bit nervous
even though I have contributed to this thread, I still love tampa. Sometimes the people can be a bit much, but that is everywhere. To be honest, Id rather be in tampa and surrounded by beautiful snobby people then be in the northwest and be surrounded by ugly snobby people

Tampa is a great town- dont let anything you read on the forums discourage you! and it really is the younger crowd. People in their 30s are very cool for the most part.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:04 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,556 times
Quote:
To be honest, Id rather be in tampa and surrounded by beautiful snobby people then be in the northwest and be surrounded by ugly snobby people
Do u really find the crowd in and around tampa to be beautiful?? My friends and I have lived all over and partied all over and dont find tampa's talent to be top notch at all. Even within florida it doesnt compete, surprisingly found way cleaner more attractive crowd in Sarasota while south florida and even orlando seemed to blow tampa away. IMO tampa falls way short of other metro areas around the country in the "beautiful" people category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay