Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 07:25 AM

8 posts, read 19,054 times

Advertisements

Coming down this weekend to spend the weekend with my girlfriend who goes to school in Tampa. I am looking to make it a very special weekend and do some nice things with her while I am there. I will be there around noon on Friday and am leaving at about 5 on Sunday. I already have Sunday booked because we will be going to the Bucs game so I am looking for suggestions of places to go and things to do on Friday and Saturday. Please give me some ideas of some things or places in the Tampa area that would help me to make this weekend extra special and memorable. Thanks everybody!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 12:15 PM

26,866 posts, read 43,348,703 times
Check out Ceviche for dinner on Friday night. It's a nice Tapas restaurant (not terribly expensive) with great Sangria. Sit outside in their courtyard if possible.
Ceviche Tapas Bar & Restaurant

How about a picnic on Saturday at Honeymoon Island State Park's beach? Welcome to Florida State Parks

Pick up some nice prepared food items on the way at the Fresh Market, which is just south of 580 (your route to the beach). The Fresh Market, A Fine Neighborhood Specialty Grocer

Have fun!

Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 PM

503 posts, read 768,640 times
Hubby and I recently had anniversary dinner at Oystercatchers. A bit on the pricey side - but we sat on the deck on the water - weather right now is perfect for al fresco dining! Our table was at the firepit so we stayed warm when the temp dropped.
They also have adinorandak chairs around firepits/bowls (for lack of better term) set up on the beach - so when you are finished with dinner you can have a drink on the beach.
It was really nice - maybe it was the company tho....

Old 10-19-2010, 09:47 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,294,324 times
Friday night if you want to do something nice, definately go with my favorite resturant Ceviche as kyle mentioned... but I reccomend you make a reservation for the outside seating BUT... see if there are any flamenco bar tables open inside when you arrive, as you cannot make reservations for less then 6 at the flamenco bar. the Flamenco band there on fridays is incredible. the bar usually packs out and the band starts at 9. Make sure you both order a couple of dishes (it is all tapas style) and try some new stuff. I personally reccomend the "Ceviche de Atun", "Ceviche de la casa" and the "Cangrejos de la casa" which is arguably the best crab cake you'll ever have in a saffron sherry sauce. I also reccomend the Champange Sangria, although the red is a close second.

Afterwards you want to pick it up a bit, you could check out any local place in south tampa, but if you want to wind it down a little, I suggest checking out Taps downtown in the first floor of sky point. Grab a glass of wine or two, and then cross the street and go for a walk, there is a park with lights and some pretty awesome fountains and amazing views of UT. my favorite part of town. Taps is a pretty trendy laid back spot with an extensive beer and wine list. Apparently John Mayer rented the place out when he was in town.

I would check out one of the beach locations on saturday followed by dinner at any one of the places out there. not too expensive and flip flops are fine.

Sunday, after the game, grab a bite to eat at brickhouse. It has quickly become the best sports bar in town. It is about a half mile from the stadium on dale mabry. They have flat screen TVs EVERYWEHRE, to include couches with flat screens in front of them, a few different seating options. The whole back wall is a fireplace, and there is a firepit outside.

If you are driving to the game, go to green iguana on dale mabry. for 25 bucks a person you can park, all you can eat and drink until game time when they shuttle you a half mile up the road on party buses.

Nothing about my sunday reccomendations are romantic, but definately the most fun way to do a game day in tampa.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:33 PM

8 posts, read 19,054 times
Thank you all for your imput and help... I should have added that my girlfriend is only 19 years old so we can not really go out drinking. I will definately check out Ceviche since that seems to be the place that is being reccomended. Also heard that "Bahama Breeze" is a good resteraunt also, is this true??

So now knowing that drinking is not on the menu, any other suggestions from anyone and also any feedback on Bahama Breeze??

Thank you all!!

Old 10-20-2010, 01:10 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,294,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarry10 View Post
Thank you all for your imput and help... I should have added that my girlfriend is only 19 years old so we can not really go out drinking. I will definately check out Ceviche since that seems to be the place that is being reccomended. Also heard that "Bahama Breeze" is a good resteraunt also, is this true??

So now knowing that drinking is not on the menu, any other suggestions from anyone and also any feedback on Bahama Breeze??

Thank you all!!
bahama breeze is an okay happy hour spot. it is an old people spot in the evenings.

Ceveche will be just fine without sangria. The food experience is incredible.

Since I like my booze, I dont have any more ideas

Have Fun!

Old 10-20-2010, 01:37 PM

503 posts, read 768,640 times
try the Tampa Theater - that place is beautiful. Not sure what movie is playing, but usually something pretty good and off beaten path.
Tampa Theatre
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay