Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 07:14 AM

305 posts, read 610,680 times

Advertisements

I been told to look into New Tampa as a possible place to live. Looks like there's a lot of inventory when it comes to houses. Does anyone live here? Do you know what schools are in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 5,228 times
Freedom High School has good reputation, and my friends up there were pleased witht he elementry system for their kids. USF is also right in that area.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:25 PM

78 posts, read 185,637 times
We went to look at homes in New Tampa area back in March and did quite a bit of research and yes the schools are pretty good in the area. Lots of inventory homes and watch our for these communities with such high CDD fees. We looked at a few homes in Grand Hampton community and was unreal how high they were. Lots of stores and places to eat and traffic seemed fine (Anything is better than coming from Chicago traffic)

Old 07-15-2010, 06:26 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,653,627 times
I live in Tampa Palms (just south of I-75). People tell me how lucky I am to live there and not further up in New Tampa. I avoid tons of traffic for people getting on to I-75. My daughters went to a charter school in Lutz. It would take me 10 - 15 minutes. My daughters teacher lived on Cross Creek Blvd in one of those apartments. It would take her over an hour to get to school. That is how bad the traffic is up there.

In my experience our elementary school (Tampa Palms Elementary) is very snooty. The principal encourages this. I have heard this from 2 neighbors who are teachers that worked with this principal and have witness this myself. The other elementary school in Tampa Palms (Chiles) is not as bad as Tampa Palms Elementary. I have heard good things about Liberty Middle School and Freedom High School. The high school is not without its problems, but in general I have heard good things. Both the elementary and middle schools are an "A" rated school. The high school surprisingly is only a "C" rated school. I think Wharton is a slightly better high school.

The section of Tampa Palms where I live, we only pay $200 a year in fees. Hunters Green, you pay over $2,000 a year and not even get a pool. Arbor Green you pay $1,200 a month, but your yard is taken care of. I don't think you are allowed to plant your own greenery. Grand Hamptons is very nice community, but you are paying $2,000 or more to live there.

If there is a specific community you are looking at, you can DM me. I can find out more information for you. I have friends in Arbor Green, Hunters Green, Richmond Place. I knew a family in Pebble Creek and they love it. Lots of kids.

Tampa Palms is hit or miss for kids. Some blocks has lots of kids. While others have very few.

Have you also considered Seven Oaks. It is in Pasco County. Their fees are also high, but their Community Center is great!

Old 07-15-2010, 09:40 AM

305 posts, read 610,680 times
We have been considering East Lake for the most part, but in-laws told us to look at New Tampa. From what I can see is that homes are less expensive in New Tampa, and there seems to be a lot of inventory. However, when I compare the schools around New Tampa to East Lake it seems that East Lake blows them away. I'll do what ever is best for my kid, even if it means paying more for less. Do you know anything about private schools in the area?

Old 07-15-2010, 10:01 AM

817 posts, read 2,249,945 times
I'll put a plug in for communities in the Pasco area of New Tampa. Meadow Pointe and Seven Oaks have great schools.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:48 AM

5,974 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Good area, great schools in both Hillsborough and Pasco, lousy commute if you have to go anywhere during rush hour.

RM

Old 09-04-2010, 06:19 AM

7 posts, read 22,096 times
Nyphinfan, there is a private school in land o lakes called academy at the lakes that I have heard good things about. Check them out.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:46 AM

23 posts, read 85,260 times
Meadow Pointe,Seven Oaks, Hunters Green are all good. Pasco schools are pretty good too. When I was looking for a house to purchase- I looked into Hunters Green it is a really nice community.. however most nice places have pretty rough HOA deed restrictions. But it keeps the communities NICE!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:12 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,078 times
I personally live in hunters green. I would not recommend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay