Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 04:34 PM

8 posts, read 17,427 times

Advertisements

Hi, can anyone help with information about highland lakes?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 PM

471 posts, read 1,660,680 times
Are you talking about highland lakes in palm harbor? Or the highland lakes, fl that is about 100 miles SE of tampa bay?

Old 10-28-2010, 08:21 PM

8 posts, read 17,427 times
highland lakes in palm harbor
once again thanks

Old 10-28-2010, 11:29 PM

Highland Lakes is a really, really nice, safe 55+ community. About all the amenities you could ask for including 3 golf courses and low HOA fees.
A wide range of housing prices with sf, villas and condos.

Let me know if you have any specific questions

the website is highlandlakeshoa.org

Old 02-27-2011, 11:42 AM

11 posts, read 35,185 times
Cariad.
Help. Questions.
Do they have a stay & play? Would be nice to be able to stay a few days & see what it is like?
Can kids visit?
Is the bike trail close?
Is the land lease fee already in the HOA fee?
How is the cable & internet?
Is it hard to get on the golf course? Meaning is it crowded?
How are the utilities for like a 2 bedroom & 2 bath villa?
Taxes on the same type home?
Can golf carts travel the streets?
I really like this community & need to know more. We actually were in that community last December & never stopped to ask questions. I thought it was just part of the town & not a 55 age community.
How does the pontoon boat thing work?
Looks like there is much to do there.
Do they have a work out room?
Thanks for any and all help.
We are from iowa. Hopefully there are others like us? I am 63 & retired & my wife is 55 & close to retiring.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:50 PM

Also would like to know how good a condition the golf courses are in? Where can I find pictures?
What does it mean when I look up a home & it says. The home is in the Andover addition & for a fee a person could also belong to Highland Lakes? Is this a different addition?
Should every place be checked for termites?
Which airport is closer? Tampa or St Pete? Thanks again.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:12 PM

I'll answer both your questions as well as I can, but we don't own-have rented both villa and sf.

No stay and play that I know of.

Yes kids can visit.

The Pinellas trail is about 3 mi west-as is the gulf.

I don't know that there is a land lease on anything in highland lakes.

I have brighthouse package for cable/internet and phone, good service.

To my knowledge, the sf hoa's fees don't include basic cable, trash, and lawn maintenance, but villa and condo hoa's do.(those have an extra hoa fee(I think our villa was $80 in addition to the main $90 fee that everyone pays)

My family doesn't golf all that much, but haven't had any problems getting tee times so far.

I don't golf myself, but my understanding is the courses are well maintained.
golf carts do travel the streets

Utilities that we paid in the 2b2b villa, highest electric was $160, usually less than $100( note-my ac is never set below 72, and it has never run all day and night even in the hottest summer days) water around $80 every 2 mos.

I'll ask my neighbors about taxes, we don't pay any.

Pontoon boats-weather permitting go out m/w/f mornings and stop at either tarpon turtle or anderson park(bring your lunch here). All you do is sign up/reserve space on the boat ahead of time-first come first served. I think the capacity is 12, and the minimum for a trip to go is 6? Bring enough guests and you can guarantee the boat will go out. Free for residents, $1 for guests.

The boats are captained by volunteers. Sign up and they will train you.

There is a lot to do, or not, as you choose. There are exercise classes in the clubhouse and in the pools, but no fitness room. I was told it was proposed, but turned down for high insurance costs.

Maybe 5 minutes closer to St. Pete Airport, but not by much.

What I was told re: Andover Village and another small area -not sure which it is or it may be part of andover-this was part of the first stage of development and those buyers were given the option of joining the main association with the amenities. Those that didn't, didn't get golf, clubhouse, etc., and would now have to pay a hefty fee to join(don't quote me, but I think 10,000+.)

Anything wood definitely check for termites. These houses are stucco, not sure if all, or just over wood. Never heard of anyone with termite problems here
Hope I've helped some.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:48 PM

cariad,
Thanks. I e-mailed someone with the HOA e-mail. I haven't heard from them. Maybe I got the wrong e-mail?
I want to take a visit. Would I be able to play the course to check them out?I would probably stay at a close by hotel. Any you would suggest? Does Highland Lakes have a realtor. Do you suggest any others?
We will be looking for a place to start out there for about 3 months a year. Does the HOA. have a fee to take care of the unit the other time period?
Where can I find pictures of the course? Do you know anything about short sales?
I really appreciate your help.
Also want to look at OTW. But i am sure Highland Lakes is what we want.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isufan48 View Post
cariad,
Thanks. I e-mailed someone with the HOA e-mail. I haven't heard from them. Maybe I got the wrong e-mail?
I want to take a visit. Would I be able to play the course to check them out?I would probably stay at a close by hotel. Any you would suggest? Does Highland Lakes have a realtor. Do you suggest any others?
We will be looking for a place to start out there for about 3 months a year. Does the HOA. have a fee to take care of the unit the other time period?
Where can I find pictures of the course? Do you know anything about short sales?
I really appreciate your help.
Also want to look at OTW. But i am sure Highland Lakes is what we want.
If you haven't heard anything, direct message me with your email and I'll stop by the office and see if I can get someone to reply. And I do know a realtor who I would highly recommend.
The HOA doesn't sell units, or function as a realtor, but there are several who live/work in the community. If you are talking about condo or villa, and not renting the unit out when you're not there, the maintenance fee will cover-since you pay it year round. Most who are only here 3/4 mos. just turn the utilities down and leave a key with neighbor/friends-sf homes will hire lawn crews, if they don't use them while here.....but they are inexpensive enough to hire year round anyways.
Maybe the realtor you choose can get you on the course. I can think of several possible ways to do that.

Close by hotels are the Marriott Courtyard, Residence Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Hilton Garden Inn-right together in Oldsmar on Tampa Rd. The Hampton Inn, tarpon springs, or if budget is of no concern, Innisbrook golf resort Palm Harbor, or my favorite-Safety Harbor resort and spa.
There was a website that had lots of pics of highland lakes, but don't know what happened to it.
Short sales............my daughter's friend just closed on a great one in safety harbor a few month's ago. Paid about 1/3 of what the units sold for in 2006.
His went thru much faster than most do around here.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:16 PM

cariad,
I sent you a direct reply. I have never done that before. So let me know if you get it or not.
So Safety Harbor must be pretty nice if your daughter bought there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay