Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 04:09 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

Thi9s morning on the news it was said that the lawyer wants her out on bail because she never committed a crime before...

So let all murderers walk free if this was a first time offense ....OMG...is this lawyer for real!!!!

What about the victim...he never did anything wrong, does he get a second chance?

This lawyer should be losing his license for even suggesting this BS, in a case like this....this is not like driving through a stop sign while nobody was at the stop sign or a parking ticket!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 05:35 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,308,519 times
^^This is extremely common. While I share your sentiment, Technically she is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of her peers. I think is what makes this case a little more unique is that she has already admitted involvement.

She has also run away from home a couple of times and could be considered a flight risk- which would be the one od the only reasons to deny someone bail.

I think she should stay in jail, although legally it may or may not be right. Her lawyer does have a leg to stand on here.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:27 AM

156 posts, read 485,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Thi9s morning on the news it was said that the lawyer wants her out on bail because she never committed a crime before...

So let all murderers walk free if this was a first time offense ....OMG...is this lawyer for real!!!!

What about the victim...he never did anything wrong, does he get a second chance?

This lawyer should be losing his license for even suggesting this BS, in a case like this....this is not like driving through a stop sign while nobody was at the stop sign or a parking ticket!
Her lawyer is quite the character. He loves to take on the controversy that gets his name in the papers. (And he himself had his name in the papers earlier in the year for the huge financial issues he got himself into) He's been known around here for years. (Not just that but for the whole Fen Phen weight loss clinic thing back in the early 90s)

Whether she committed a crime or not before really doesn't negate the fact that the girl has a history of running. She didn't even have a permanent address at the time of arrest I believe...was just "staying" with these winners that shot the victim. This morning's story I heard was that the plan would be for her to live with her parents in Spring Hill (I think that's where they said) and they would put her on house arrest. Because you know, people on house arrest never ever violate or take off, right? Some other forum I was reading when this case broke posted pictures of Hiccup's mom's MySpace page. Most of it was pictures of herself looking "hot" in this little dress or that little dress or talking about her hotness in varying degrees. Didn't seem like a pillar of parenting to me, but then I don't know the lady beyond what I saw, so...that's all I really have to go by. I will say that I found it a little hard to remember that I was looking at the page of a 40 year old married woman with 5 daughters.

Anyway, I guess we will see what happens. They let Casey Anthony out on bail at one point too, so I guess nothing surprises me anymore.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:22 AM

156 posts, read 485,994 times
Just saw where bail was denied. Sanity prevails.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:47 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Yeah....this judge can stay in office

Old 11-06-2010, 02:46 AM

26 posts, read 87,778 times
Yeah nobody is getting out on bond for murder in the first degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay