Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 01:46 PM

7 posts, read 14,585 times

Advertisements

I am planning a move to Tampa area in October....Can anyone make a recommendation on a campground in the area? (close to St. Pete)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 02:31 PM

32 posts, read 238,850 times
Ft. Desoto!

Old 07-07-2007, 05:00 PM

35 posts, read 190,018 times
Default Have you been to St. Pete Before?

If you haven't, be sure to come down and check it out. St. Pete is in Pinellas County and the whole county is congested and growing by the minute. Also, the heat and humidity are terrible - we won't see any cooler weather until November, unless we get lucky. There are much prettier counties in the state, so be sure you do your homework.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:13 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anywherebutpinellas View Post
If you haven't, be sure to come down and check it out. St. Pete is in Pinellas County and the whole county is congested and growing by the minute. Also, the heat and humidity are terrible - we won't see any cooler weather until November, unless we get lucky. There are much prettier counties in the state, so be sure you do your homework.
What counties do you consider to be nicer then Pinellas? The St. Pete area is one of the areas that is on our very short list, too.

Your area does have a lot more consecutive days of hot weather, BUT right now my temp is DOWN to 103 and feels like 101. It's nearly 6:30pm.
The St. Pete area is 87 and feels like 92. When you're having a lovely winter, I'll be right here when it's -50 with windchill so the weather isn't a factor for me.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:32 PM

35 posts, read 190,018 times
Default What's your Humidity?

Our warmer days down here are nice if we are lucky to get low humidity. But those days are few and far between - the heat is constant, even at night. The air is heavy and damp - and if you have curly hair or hair prone to frizz, don't plan on being attractive down here.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:39 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Our warmer days down here are nice if we are lucky to get low humidity. But those days are few and far between - the heat is constant, even at night. The air is heavy and damp - and if you have curly hair or hair prone to frizz, don't plan on being attractive down here.
It's ok cause I'm not attractive up here. Seriously though, you have a very good point. The minute you step outside the airport, you can feel the humidity down there even in the winter. It may not be for everyone, but I love hot and humid weather. The cold is what I just can't stand anymore~oh and the snow shoveling is at the bottom of my list, too.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:23 PM

393 posts, read 1,497,873 times
You're coming FROM Maine and I was looking to move TO Maine. Sorry, I can't recommend any camp grounds around here, but good luck with your move. No more Maine blueberries, wilderness, autumn leaves, and winter wonderlands for you.
Quote:
If you haven't, be sure to come down and check it out. St. Pete is in Pinellas County and the whole county is congested and growing by the minute.
Absolutely, and I think you feel it more here because we're such a tiny peninsula.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:59 PM

133 posts, read 538,247 times
Ft Desota would be a nice place to camp. If you are staying for a while, then there are several RV parks. The one comes to my mind is near the corner of route 41 and route 54 in pasco county. I don't know the name right off, but I can find it for you if you are interested in this area.

Best of luck!

Old 07-08-2007, 08:34 AM

7 posts, read 14,585 times
I understand heat and humidity...But guys I have lived in Maine all my 36yrs of life. Its time for change!! I have vacationed in Florida for years and loved it each time I was there. Here in Maine I work for the state D.O.T. so over the winters I am out in the snow from when it starts to hours after it stops plowing roads trying to keep folks on the roads from oct to end of may. We have 2 extra seasons here one month we call mud season then we have black flies/mosquitoes season most of the summer. Summer is our short season not much time to enjoy. Our summers avrage in 80's but Maine winters avrage 20's then the wind put the temp -20 soooooo cold

Old 07-08-2007, 08:15 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,964,579 times
Quote:

LOL! I had the opposite problem. Straight hair that just flopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: