U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 05:37 PM

219 posts, read 532,308 times

Advertisements

Hey Everybody,

The time has come where my wife and I are having to put down our Golden Retriever. If was my wife's first dog and she has been like our child. We have been looking for a pet cemetery in our area. We live in Land O Lakes and the pet cemetery in the sports complex is no longer taking new burials. We do not want to put her in our yard because we won't be living here forever.

We do have the option of cremation which we are not opposed to but are looking at all options.

Anybody have any suggestions??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 07:24 PM

156 posts, read 432,407 times
Oh wow. I don't have any helpful suggestions or know where there is a pet cemetery on this side of the Bay. I did however want to give my sincerest condolences to you on your pup. It is a very difficult thing, I know all too well. Wish you the best.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:50 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,491,224 times
I know there's one up in Hudson. I only know of it because I saw it on a map. No idea as to the details.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:02 PM

4,948 posts, read 17,161,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbest74 View Post
Hey Everybody,

The time has come where my wife and I are having to put down our Golden Retriever. If was my wife's first dog and she has been like our child. We have been looking for a pet cemetery in our area. We live in Land O Lakes and the pet cemetery in the sports complex is no longer taking new burials. We do not want to put her in our yard because we won't be living here forever.

We do have the option of cremation which we are not opposed to but are looking at all options.

Anybody have any suggestions??
First I am real sorry for you and your golden. I never ever did what I did
B4. My dog died, and she was ill so I had no choice. Also, I was going to
somehow keep her? She had a private cremation and then her best dog
friend I did the same. Yes, It did cost more and maybe not the best choice for most. I also did not want the yard, then if you do live in Florida the
statue was changed a dog may go with you? It was a senator who also had
a dog he loved and did change that law. Again it is hard to know
and pets are so great. Yes I may have did her ashes in her loved place.
It was here, so I did not do it. You also do need a kind vet who does understand it is not an easy task. I am in Wesley Chapel near Land O Lakes.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:41 PM

216 posts, read 769,063 times
I offer my deepest condolences to you on the loss of your beloved pet. I know how this feels as I had to put my wonderful little dog down this past June. He was very ill and I didn't want to see him suffer.

I didn't bury him, instead I had him cremated privately. It cost more but now I have his ashes. I can take them with me if I move, altho I think when one of my kids comes to visit we will probably scatter his ashes from the seawall, adjacent to where I walked him every day.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:57 PM

4,329 posts, read 6,019,045 times
There's a pet cemetery in Dunedin.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:48 AM

4,554 posts, read 6,908,766 times
My sincere condolences. I know how hard this is on us , when it's time for them. There is one pet cemetery just in one of the largest human one here in Palm Harbor.

Curlew Hills Memory Gardens Pet Cemetery

Old 11-15-2010, 06:28 PM

4,948 posts, read 17,161,013 times
Default love of a pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar1lyn27 View Post
I offer my deepest condolences to you on the loss of your beloved pet. I know how this feels as I had to put my wonderful little dog down this past June. He was very ill and I didn't want to see him suffer.

I didn't bury him, instead I had him cremated privately. It cost more but now I have his ashes. I can take them with me if I move, altho I think when one of my kids comes to visit we will probably scatter his ashes from the seawall, adjacent to where I walked him every day.
My best friend had the same idea for me and my first dog. It really was a good idea, but for me.
Then this dog her friend died at age 14 at home. Same choice I had so right
or not I did op for her ashes to be here. Why, I have no idea just the choice
I had was three. return the ashes, not get them and the vet said if I did
not do this the dog would be trash. So I did fire this vet, and did do what at
that time was best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or