Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 03:16 PM

7 posts, read 28,436 times

Advertisements

Looking for the lowest car insurance carrier for my Mazda 3 2008. I currently have AllState but I think they are giving me the shaft with their rates. I shopped around and it seems most are around $600 for six months full insurance coverage (no liability)? I don't believe in companies that heavily advertise on TV: Geico, Progressive, etc... since they have the advertising dollars they must push their rates somewhat to their customers.

I thought about getting married, but I cannot afford it at this time, just for the sake of lowering my damm premiums in everything: house, car, etc. For married folks out there, is there a significant reduction in your car insurance?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I live in Tampa, FL and have been accident free for more than 5 years. No violations or speed tickets. Clean driving record (no DUI).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 05:55 AM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Check out 21st Century, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. I've had good experience with Liberty Mutual in the past though am strongly considering 21st Century when I arrive in FL based on rates. I have yet to check out Farmers, but they come highly recommended from a friend.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:57 AM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
You should have seen a rate drop off at age 40 I would have thought..?? The insurance companies do discriminate against single people for some crazy reason, as if being married makes you a better driver....Yeah whatever.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:33 AM

7 posts, read 28,436 times
Ahh good info. Thanks a bunch m8. I will look into the aforementioned companies.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
I just went through this and State Farm had the lowest auto premiums (I was SHOCKED!). I don't have any car payments though... not sure if that makes a difference as it does with homeowner's insurance. Maybe FloridaKash will write in, I think he's worked in the industry.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:47 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
I just went through this and State Farm had the lowest auto premiums (I was SHOCKED!). I don't have any car payments though... not sure if that makes a difference as it does with homeowner's insurance. Maybe FloridaKash will write in, I think he's worked in the industry.
Really? Wow, that does surprise me! We just left State Farm because they were so expensive. Now we are with Geiko and we pay about $480 every 6 months for two cars, which I think is fantastic. I really do not understand how and why the rates are so different for people. I'm getting close to 40 and married, if that makes any difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: