Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 07:39 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times

Advertisements

Kind of a reach, but maybe Al Golden at Temple. He's a very well respected up-and-comer who rescued Temple's program from the ashes and has the same kind of disciplined student-athlete approach that UM wants to perpetuate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 10:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
Yeah, you're right-the Hurricanes have never produced any NFL caliber players. Or Hall of Fame quarterbacks. Never won any National Championships either. Or Heisman Trophy winners. Or won any College World Series. Can't expect a private school with only 15,000 students to compete with Florida (50,000 students) or FSU (40,000 students). What was I thinking?

Chill!

You asked me a question and I answered you but then you respond to the poster above with this line of stuff.

Face it, Miami had it made an recruited thugs to play football and it is showing. You tube the video of the idiot thug Miami players using their helmets as weapons and you will see why no one likes the Hurricanes like they used to.

The fact is

USF BEAT Miami, yes, that poor little school with only 15,000 students whipped that big team with all that has been talent.

You cannot win games with past players and coaches.
After the helmet thugs did their thing the entire program should have been shut down for years until they got control of the way they are running their program.

And to think poor little ole Ohio State kicked Miamis butt for the National title and Miami has not been the same since.

Headline should have read:

Little USF Defeats the mighty Miami Thugs
which according to your belief should have never happened in a million years.

* Who would want the coaching job with the mess they have?
They will have to find someone who would demand tons of money to have to deal with all the trouble.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:37 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
2 Heisman winners and both were horrible QB's and both should have never won the Heisman to begin with.

Vinny and Gino.

Gino did not make it in the NFL and Vinny was known as the interception king who just filled in all over the NFL when a good QB went down.

Get over it, Miami football is an embarrassment to college football at this point in time.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
When I think of the "U" I don't think about all those things (CWS, National Champions, Heisman QBs). I think of thugs. I'm sure I'm not the only one. That university has a bad reputation that it has to get over.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:23 PM

265 posts, read 974,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
So who will be the next coach of The U?
My guess is Mullen from Miss ST... Miami is a big upgrade for him, and it puts him back in Florida where he's recruited before..

Old 11-30-2010, 02:33 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
2 Heisman winners and both were horrible QB's and both should have never won the Heisman to begin with.

Vinny and Gino.

Gino did not make it in the NFL and Vinny was known as the interception king who just filled in all over the NFL when a good QB went down.

Get over it, Miami football is an embarrassment to college football at this point in time.
Your statement is delusional and argumentative just for the sake of being disagreeable (as usual). By the way, Miami is the school with only 15,000 students-USF has almost 40,000 students.
If you don't like the 'Canes, fine, but to say they're an embarrassment to college football is pure ignorance.

Last edited by vaughanwilliams; 11-30-2010 at 02:42 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 05:24 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Kind of a reach, but maybe Al Golden at Temple. He's a very well respected up-and-comer who rescued Temple's program from the ashes and has the same kind of disciplined student-athlete approach that UM wants to perpetuate.
Too bad I didn't take a bunch of money and bet on that!

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/dec...ootball-coach/

Old 12-13-2010, 07:58 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
that was a very good call -----I listen to and read about sports and your prediction was the only one that I came across with Al Golden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay