Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 06:09 PM

12 posts, read 35,045 times

Advertisements

So I'm fairly new to this area, I don't really have much friends. I'm a 20 year old male open minded individual. O.o' any ideas as to where I can maybe go out regularly and just hang out / chill? Just to take my mind off of a lot of things.

I've tried Craig list etc, however I really don't trust a lot of things about Craig's list.

Honestly, I'm not a very out going person. I really am a shy person, but once I get to know someone all that shyness is gone.

I don't smoke, or drink lol so a bar wouldn't be a good idea... besides I'm still under age.

Maybe someplace you will find "Friendly" "Open Minded" individuals. Preferrably in Clearwater area, or close to Clearwater
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,653,938 times
Look into Creative Loafing to find activities you enjoy. Also try meetup groups. Maybe there is something you enjoying doing and find friends that way.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 5,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modarkness View Post
So I'm fairly new to this area, I don't really have much friends. I'm a 20 year old male open minded individual. O.o' any ideas as to where I can maybe go out regularly and just hang out / chill? Just to take my mind off of a lot of things.

I've tried Craig list etc, however I really don't trust a lot of things about Craig's list.

Honestly, I'm not a very out going person. I really am a shy person, but once I get to know someone all that shyness is gone.

I don't smoke, or drink lol so a bar wouldn't be a good idea... besides I'm still under age.

Maybe someplace you will find "Friendly" "Open Minded" individuals. Preferrably in Clearwater area, or close to Clearwater
I'm in Tampa, yeah it's pretty boring here too, I'm trying to keep up with my job and school to avoid being too bored

Since you're in Clearwater I'm guessing beaches are the way to go. Or some parks, in Tampa there are some nice parks that people can visit like Lettuce Park.

Do you go to school? If you do, I suggest look at the clubs you can join, like my school has like kayak club or intramural sports just to keep you going. Good luck

Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 AM

216 posts, read 829,144 times
Try this site:

Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com

type in your zip code and whatever interests you, or simply browse what's going on in your area.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:17 PM

Haha thanks guys!

@Interesting29 Ya I do go to school, :P But work is keeping me really busy.

Ugh- another thing I had in mind, was maybe doing volunteering services!!! O,o any suggestions where you can meet ethical people?

Old 10-16-2009, 12:49 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,766 times
Meetup as suggested is a good place to start.
Volunteering in something that you enjoy should get you to meet some ppl also.
What's your definition of a persons being ethical?
This can be interpreted in various ways, so I'm curious as to what you mean...
Wish you good luck in meeting some people here!

Old 10-16-2009, 08:15 PM

161 posts, read 450,367 times
good luck finding anything with creative loafing.

what all are you into? religion? sports? politics? reading? biking?

providing this info will give us a good idea where to point you to.

general ideas:

- skips in dunedin...its known as the bike bar BUT you can sit outside and order a coke, theres always young people on the weekends, all friendly decent people
- go running on the trail on a weekend, just go slow and take it easy, theres so many people out that you can fall in line with someone else at your pace, and strike up some conversation... just dont be weird
- old towne coffee and wine in "downtown" palm harbor, friendly casual place
- borders seattle coffee, there are often groups of guys from several nationalities arguing politics and world events, they are usually pretty friendly
- downtown dunedin farmers market or movie night (if the movies arent finished for the year yet, everyone shows up to sit in the little main st park, for many events people bring blankets and chairs, we often lounge about in this area on the weekend nights just chatting it up

im too tired to think of any other general ideas, sorry, i suck

Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 PM

My meaning of ethical people is, people who are not rude out front, or people who just make fun of others. Or perhaps people who curse out for no reason at all.

In any event, I like the suggestions given thanks!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:39 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,766 times
Thanks for responding to my question, Modarkness.
I hope that you have been given enough suggestions by others here .

Old 10-19-2009, 05:15 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,597,654 times
The Clearwater Aquarium has a volunteer program; the Pinellas County Government has volunteering opportunities posted at Pinellas County Volunteer Opportunities - Volunteering With Pinellas County - Home, and if you're interested in politics, how about volunteering for an election position?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay