Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 12:35 AM

269 posts, read 607,683 times

Advertisements

I have a condo but not the possibility to rent it out myself.

First of all, i have a contract where i pay my rental agent 20% or 10% and one month rent. I have already spoken about him before on the forum and people seem to think that i am a moron.

But i have another problem now. The tenant moved out and he just sent me a bill for cleaning, he wants over $200!
He did not even contact me, he only sent me the bill from the cleaning company.

Shouldnt he take these money from the tenants deposit and not go to me for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 05:43 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times
yes. that is correct. do not pay him. that is INSANE. I remember giving you advice a few months ago. This agent is a complete dirtbag. tell him that you will not pay it. The only time i paid for my property to be cleaned is when it sat vacant for three months and needed a quick wipedown which cost me under $100, and my manager called me and gave me the option of whether I even wanted to do it or not.

I feel bad for you having to put up with this. Find yourself a good property manager. This is why good 'ol fashioned @ss-kickings should be legal. this man needs one.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:40 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
what does the lease say? did the tenant ask for reimbursement or just sent the bill to show that it was done?

Old 12-14-2010, 09:04 AM

I sent him a angry email and he just told me to ignore the bill.
Why then send me the bill in the first place?

Old 12-14-2010, 09:28 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan1983 View Post
I sent him a angry email and he just told me to ignore the bill.
Why then send me the bill in the first place?
Great!

There are people out there this guy is swindling... Unfortunately they are not smart enough to realize or research (as you have done) this on their own. If you sent him an email and he was like "oh, nevermind" then he was just trying to scrape a few undeserved dollars off of you. Someone should find out if this guy actually has a real estate license or brokers license, or any sort of certifications. If so, what are the stipulations of the license, certs, and regulations of what he can and cant ask you for, AND ramifications of his actions- Because quite frankly, he needs to be put out of business.

But glad we could save you $200! Now you owe all of the regular CD Forum posters a beer!

Old 12-14-2010, 03:03 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
I misunderstood - I thought the tenant sent the bill, not the property manager. Glad that it worked out.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:08 PM

113 posts, read 279,303 times
How much are you (or your rental agent) charging to rent it and does it have a garage? If so 1 or 2 cars?

Old 12-14-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
Great!

There are people out there this guy is swindling... Unfortunately they are not smart enough to realize or research (as you have done) this on their own. If you sent him an email and he was like "oh, nevermind" then he was just trying to scrape a few undeserved dollars off of you. Someone should find out if this guy actually has a real estate license or brokers license, or any sort of certifications. If so, what are the stipulations of the license, certs, and regulations of what he can and cant ask you for, AND ramifications of his actions- Because quite frankly, he needs to be put out of business.

But glad we could save you $200! Now you owe all of the regular CD Forum posters a beer!
It is not the first time he done that, as you know. Each and every time, he takes it back and claims it was a mistake. I am sure that if i would say "that seem right" to him a few times. i would have been broke by now

I know, i have turned to you guys quite a few times now .
The next time in the city, i owe you a beer.

About the agent, i only contracted him because of recommendation of my real estate agent. He represent one of the largest companies in the area so i thought he would be trustworthy.

I keep you guys updated if he tries again

Old 12-14-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisredfield96 View Post
How much are you (or your rental agent) charging to rent it and does it have a garage? If so 1 or 2 cars?
It does not have a garage. It has its own parking space though.

If you have more questions, send me a message

Old 12-14-2010, 04:51 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan1983 View Post
I have a condo but not the possibility to rent it out myself.

First of all, i have a contract where i pay my rental agent 20% or 10% and one month rent. I have already spoken about him before on the forum and people seem to think that i am a moron.

But i have another problem now. The tenant moved out and he just sent me a bill for cleaning, he wants over $200!
He did not even contact me, he only sent me the bill from the cleaning company.

Shouldnt he take these money from the tenants deposit and not go to me for it?
Don't pay unless it is in your lease which I doubt. If it is in your lease than I'm sorry to say that your realtor or whoever helped you with the lease didn't have your best interest at heart.

If you have paid for management services the tenant shouldn't even deal with you but with the property management, that is what you paid for.

We have heard and seen what bad management companies can do and even bad real estate brokerages, but that keeps us in business and that is why we doubled in the last couple of months...

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you and suggest you read your lease carefully and go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay