Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 10:38 AM

181 posts, read 509,059 times

Advertisements

I am starting work for the State of FL and am looking at my healthcare options.

Can anyone with the United Health Care HMO through the state tell me what the "supply limit" (SL) for certain drugs means on their prescription coverage? I take several of the medications they say SL about, and I am wondering if I sign up, will they cut off my medication?

Does SL mean they get to decide about the number I take per year, or whether I should be taking them at all, or is it just a "prior authorization" type situation, where the doctor just needs to fill something out explaining why I need them?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 11:42 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett68 View Post
I am starting work for the State of FL and am looking at my healthcare options.

Can anyone with the United Health Care HMO through the state tell me what the "supply limit" (SL) for certain drugs means on their prescription coverage? I take several of the medications they say SL about, and I am wondering if I sign up, will they cut off my medication?

Does SL mean they get to decide about the number I take per year, or whether I should be taking them at all, or is it just a "prior authorization" type situation, where the doctor just needs to fill something out explaining why I need them?

Thanks

You should call your provider to get your answers. The answers you receive from them will be correct and much more credible than you'll find around here.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:40 PM

I did try that first, but they didn't give me any info. They said they couldn't find the answer right now. So I'm hoping someone who has the insurance and has run into this issue can enlighten me.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:13 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
HMOs are the devil in terms of health insurance and would urge you to spend the extra dollars for a PPO plan if available. HMOs are notorious for murky details and non-payment for some essential treatments and medications.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:22 AM

216 posts, read 829,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett68 View Post
I did try that first, but they didn't give me any info. They said they couldn't find the answer right now. So I'm hoping someone who has the insurance and has run into this issue can enlighten me.
I would suggest you call them again and if you don't get an appropriate answer you should ask the rep to connect you with a supervisor.

Even people who have the same insurance might have different deductibles, copays, drug benefits.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:32 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
It isn't about Tampa or FL but this might help you
https://www.unitedhealthcareonline.c...003010b10a____

It appears that it is a limit on the amt they will allow to be filled at one time. You might also ask in the Health forum.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
It isn't about Tampa or FL but this might help you
https://www.unitedhealthcareonline.c...003010b10a____

It appears that it is a limit on the amt they will allow to be filled at one time. You might also ask in the Health forum.

Hi,

Thanks. That's the info I needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: