Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 11:27 AM

50 posts, read 231,870 times

Advertisements

I am looking for the best places to live near Tampa. First priority is schools. We are looking for a master planned community, looking to spend no more than $325,000. Willing to commute 30/40 miles one way if necessary. Any opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 06:44 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele164 View Post
I am looking for the best places to live near Tampa. First priority is schools. We are looking for a master planned community, looking to spend no more than $325,000. Willing to commute 30/40 miles one way if necessary. Any opinions?
You don't need to go anywhere near that far. Check out the East Lake Woodlands community in Oldsmar, which is at the north end of Tampa Bay between Clearwater and Tampa. The schools are excellent and overall probably the best in the area. The high school (East Lake) is one of the best (and newest) in the state. You'll find a good selection of homes in the area as well. I sent you a list of examples via direct mail.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:40 PM

8 posts, read 27,551 times
There are so many great master planned communities with great schools. It depends on your style of architecture and lifestyles. If you are looking for schools within the community, FishHawk Ranch in Lithia is great. Lots of walking trails, aquatic park, scateboard park, library. There are some private gated areas for those who would like extra security. If you prefer a "Key West" style home, I would suggest MiraBay in Apollo Beach. Resort style living, spa and gym in the two story club house, aquatic center, huge man made lagoon with lift to take your boat from one of the interior canals out into Tampa Bay. Both of these communities were designed by Newland who also designed Celebration at Disney.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:12 AM

6 posts, read 21,828 times
Default Eastlake Woodlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
You don't need to go anywhere near that far. Check out the East Lake Woodlands community in Oldsmar, which is at the north end of Tampa Bay between Clearwater and Tampa. The schools are excellent and overall probably the best in the area. The high school (East Lake) is one of the best (and newest) in the state. You'll find a good selection of homes in the area as well. I sent you a list of examples via direct mail.
I agree our family loved living in ELW in fact the house we lived in is for sale, it is listing for $319,000 in Stonebriar a nice subdivision. We had to move when my daughter was going to be in kindergarden but I know the schools are pretty good there. It was a great area for kids lots of parks near by and the best ice cream ever at Sun Groves in Safety Harbor. In fact we are coming back to ELW for a month on vacation from our home in Colorado.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:51 PM

17 posts, read 40,590 times
Do any of these planned communities in the Tampa area have town centers in walking distance to the homes?

Old 01-11-2011, 07:41 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,823 times
I recommend that you look at Riverview and Fishhawk Ranch. We do not have a town center yet but Fishhawk does have a "gathering place" in the summer time where concerts are held. Both places have good schools. I love both places!

Old 01-11-2011, 08:30 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlow3 View Post
Do any of these planned communities in the Tampa area have town centers in walking distance to the homes?
We don't have a "town center" in East Lake Woodlands but it's quite walkable to shopping, restaurants, etc.

I can walk to a Publix, Sweetbay, Target, Walgreens, CVS, a dozen or so full-service restaurants (mostly non-chain), a Starbucks, a few bars, a wine store, parks, a "greenway" and lots more.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:29 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Westchase has a town center with a Publix and other stores. There is also Doctor offices nearby.

Where is the job located? 30-40 minutes is nothing during rush hour, it can take you that long to go 10 miles.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:44 PM

463 posts, read 1,048,369 times
I'd also like to give my vote to the East Lake area for all the reasons people have listed. We love living here, while it doesn't have a town center, there are areas up East Lake Road that are walkable/bike-able until you hit Keystone Rd., then it becomes more rural but its being built up so who knows. Not to mention we're a five minute drive to Brooker Creek Preserve which has some excellent hiking trails and a nature center that my kids enjoy.

Otherwise, cities with a town center....

Westchase
Safety Harbor
Dunedin (although its more of an older set)
Oldsmar - It does have a city center but not what you'd think of when you define it. IMHO

I'm more familiar with Northern Pinellas County so that's the only advice I can give based on my experiences.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:37 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Tampa is a good place near Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay