U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:59 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,495,064 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much for the encouragement. Yes, we spotted the Boxcar, so we'll check it out when we go down shortly. We're staying at the Best Western this time so intend to do lots of wandering on foot.

The biking aspect certainly appeals. My husband refuses to bike at all here in Toronto, and I haven't had a bike here since we moved to our condo, but I bike around the cottage in the summer, so this is very attractive.

A mile north is not so far. I've also looked at a couple of places up north of Main St., west of Country Rd 1, south of San Christopher Drive, villas. Look pretty nice too. Being closer to the Pinellas trail would be better of course.

I'm hoping that Patrician Oaks would do fine for us, but still would prefer to live somewhere where folks had pets, even if we don't. At the moment I have a cat, but I'm hoping I can make "alternative arrangements" for him when we drive south for the winter (can't imagine driving a cat to Florida.)

Had hoped to get a pup some day, but not even sure if we want to, since the pain of losing them is so great, and at this point in our lives I worry about the pain of them losing us as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 554 times
Looking for a 2/2 in Dunedin. I am a 55 and older gal with two dogs that will be coming with me. Also my parents will be staying with me a few months a year thru the winters. Any suggestions on a reseasonable priced house/apt/duplex. No more than 700.00 a month. Want to be close to downtown and the water. If I cant find something close to downtown then maybe something close to a fishing spot for my dad in the winter.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:09 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,495,064 times
The dog part is the tough one, especially with two dogs. We tried very hard to find a pet-friendly 55+ condo development walking distance from Dunedin, and finally gave up. Ours is Patrician Oaks, and it's a great location, but no pets.

Not sure about condos out on the beach, didn't look there. But inland, the closest we found that allowed pets were back in Countryside, which is not near the water. A couple of places allowed one small dog or cat, not two, so that will be even more of a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay