Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:08 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,308,809 times

Advertisements

^^^
What I like most about the brighthouse website:

Quote:
WHY ITS BETTER

Only Bright House Networks delivers super-fast speeds with Road Runner Lightning and Road Runner Turbo. Plus, experience Wireless Home Networking so the whole family can be on the Internet with a single connection available at no additional monthly cost.
That is like me saying... Why Chevrolet is better: Only Chevrolet offers the Chevy Colbalt. No other car company in the world offers the colbalt.

You cant name an average cable internet network "roadrunner high speed internet", Trademark the name, then say you are better because only YOU offer "roadrunner high speed internet".

seems like some shoddy marketing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,762 times
You guys are both correct. If you need cable/phone/internet then go with FIOS as it has better prices and included higher speed internet. If you go for pure internet, then BH wins fairly easy.

FIOS is 69.99 for 25 mbps up and down
and 144.99 for 50 mbps down and 20 mbps up

BH has 40 mbps down and 5 mbps up for 77 a month and no contracts (they do charge $50 installation/wirelless fee tho)

If you heavy user for streaming video and downloads, then go with BH. If you need really heavy upload then FIOS. Although you can upload ~10Gb of data in 7-9 hours with BH as well.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
Verizon FIOS Triple Play TIER 2:

$95/mo
No Term Contract
Download 25 Mbps / Upload 25 Mps
Plus Multi-Room DVR

Brighthouse Combo Plus:

$110/mo
No Term Contract
Download 10 Mbps / Upload 2 Mbps

Class is complete. You have been educated.

My prices were based of internet only, which is the service I have/use.

Thanks

Old 01-04-2011, 02:07 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I was a huge Bright House fan after my misery with Verizon customer service and still prefer the Bright House customer service but the rest of their service is becoming worse by the day.

I had many issues in the past month's. All had to do with one cable box. They replaced it with an old model and of course I don't pay to get a newer model replaced by an older one and than get lied about the item. Then I had even more issues and it wasn't working and I rebooted the box so many times it isn't even funny. One of the technicians came to my house with body language of a person who is totally not interested in what he needed to do and starred more on his cell phone than looking at me when I explained the issue. When he wanted to leave I asked him for the remote control he told me he would exchange and than one person in my home yelled "we have no internet anymore"...the tech told us he had made a mistake and would take care of it..., luckily he hadn't left or I would have to call again.

3 Days later the box wasn't working anymore and again another person/tech came to my home and told me that I would be better off with buying a box at Best Buy...Wow!

The positive side was that they credited my account for the "inconvenience"....now it is working and I "only" called them 2 times when rebooting didn't help, but I'm stuck with the older version of the cablebox than what I used to have

If there will be another price increase I might change to Verizon for cable only, although that might have to wait until our community get's rid of the bulk contract otherwise I basically pay double for the basic part of the cable which is incl. in my HOA.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:15 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,308,809 times
In the past two years, verizons customer service has gone from the worst I have EVER seen from any company, to one of the best. I cannot believe the turn around. The must have really listened to the customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I was a huge Bright House fan after my misery with Verizon customer service and still prefer the Bright House customer service but the rest of their service is becoming worse by the day.

I had many issues in the past month's. All had to do with one cable box. They replaced it with an old model and of course I don't pay to get a newer model replaced by an older one and than get lied about the item. Then I had even more issues and it wasn't working and I rebooted the box so many times it isn't even funny. One of the technicians came to my house with body language of a person who is totally not interested in what he needed to do and starred more on his cell phone than looking at me when I explained the issue. When he wanted to leave I asked him for the remote control he told me he would exchange and than one person in my home yelled "we have no internet anymore"...the tech told us he had made a mistake and would take care of it..., luckily he hadn't left or I would have to call again.

3 Days later the box wasn't working anymore and again another person/tech came to my home and told me that I would be better off with buying a box at Best Buy...Wow!

The positive side was that they credited my account for the "inconvenience"....now it is working and I "only" called them 2 times when rebooting didn't help, but I'm stuck with the older version of the cablebox than what I used to have

If there will be another price increase I might change to Verizon for cable only, although that might have to wait until our community get's rid of the bulk contract otherwise I basically pay double for the basic part of the cable which is incl. in my HOA.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:54 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
As far as cable I still have BH but I am in the brink of changing them because they keep increasing and now I pay around 111 for a HD DVR with Showtime/HBO combo just for one TV that started like 90 a couple of years go. And recently the cable box "blinks" so many times before I am able to watch HD channels and some time it keep blinking that I have to shut and start again as well as I can't foreward if the recorded program is say 3hrs. After seeing (with forewarding the ads) for like one hour it just doen't do it anymore and that's annoying. I am paying for DVR because I don't want to spend time watching ads.

For the internet, I can't complain because I have a 100MPS/400MPS that I don't pay for it (and I don't know how much it cost). So, that's lightning quick.

For home phone (just only to call local and recieve calls that's all I need) I can't find somebody who can beat Verizon at 27/month.

Good luck

Old 01-04-2011, 05:56 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I think if they knew that how you were defending them here in the past they would have given you the VIP treatment .

Old 01-04-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
I think if they knew that how you were defending them here in the past they would have given you the VIP treatment .
I know...I'm blushing while writing...but I meant all I wrote.

Back in the days BH was great and still I rather deal with their customer service than all 5 years that I had Verizon.

Most of my bad experience was about my cell phone bill which was always wrong and I had Verizon for everything so I quit when it took 14 days to get my internet started when I moved and had given notice 4 weeks prior and they still messed up.

Now BH is taking longer and longer for service at home and the prices have gone up and then getting an old box....

I really hope none of the communities will ever sign a buld contract so home owners are taken hostage or pay double.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:04 PM

249 posts, read 440,639 times
I am not sure, since I have the 3 services package with BH, but I think I pay like $50/month for the phone, all calls over the US and Canada included, which is the least I need. For the rest of the world, I have Skype .

In Paris, I have the triple play for 30 euros/month, all companies alike, almost ALL calls all over the world included (except maybe some secluded African countries... and Mexico). How come the US is not cheaper?

Old 01-04-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwyna View Post
I am not sure, since I have the 3 services package with BH, but I think I pay like $50/month for the phone, all calls over the US and Canada included, which is the least I need. For the rest of the world, I have Skype .

In Paris, I have the triple play for 30 euros/month, all companies alike, almost ALL calls all over the world included (except maybe some secluded African countries... and Mexico). How come the US is not cheaper?
Very good question...I never understood while calling is still so expensive overhere. Also why charge both parties and not one party like in Europe while calling a cell phone. Why do I have to pay when someone calls me. (or being charged minutes)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay