U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 03:37 PM

39 posts, read 71,035 times

Advertisements

Every day at least several times a day, I see people walking their dogs in my front yard. I am talking about people who have their dogs on-leash or even off-leash and allow them to go into my front yard (my private property) for several feet, just walking my yard as if it were a public park, peeing and pooping and sniffing etc. Trampling on my flowers, etc.

Now, these people DO pick up the poop, but what pisses me off is not the poop/pee actually (which I know is what angers most people about dog walkers), it's the TRESPASSING. It is the total disrespect for other people's property.

This is especially dumbfounding in a state where the STAND YOUR GROUND law says that I don't need much of an excuse to shoot someone's leg off.

Do I need to put a sign that says NO TRESPASSING in my yard?

By the way, what is especially annoying about this is that there is a public park ONE block from my house where they can go and walk their dogs at will any time.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,034,252 times
Put up a fence then.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:52 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,958,549 times
Put up a small sign requesting no dogs ****ting in your lawn and see if that works.

I don't know why they do that - I see the same thing in my neighborhood as well.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:53 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,491,224 times
Yeah, put up a fence or have your hand on the sprinkler knob or something. I don't see what the big deal is as long as they're cleaning up the mess.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:00 PM

13,772 posts, read 35,118,337 times
I hardly think it is a 'Tampa' issue, it happens all over. Honestly, you are lucky they pick up after their dog, many ppl don't do that.

Put up a 'No Trespassing' sign if you do not want anyone to walk on/in your yard. It might help

Old 01-07-2011, 04:05 PM

39 posts, read 71,035 times
You (Ferret) don't see what the big deal is.

I think that is exactly the mentality I am up against.

The big deal is that I would NEVER EVER walk into someone's else property without permission. Much less walk all over the property and spend several minutes trampling plants, allowing a dog to walk on flowers, staring into windows, etc. which is exactly what these people do. That is called TRESPASSING. And it's also extremely rude and disrespectful.

I think the fence, while unsightly, is probably a requirement in this area.

By the way, Keeper, it's not true that this happens everywhere. Yes, people allow their dogs to poop and pee on private property everywhere, but what is happening on my street, IN MY YARD, is quite possibly loitering and most definitely trespassing. Again, they are treating my front yard as if it were a public park. Walking all over it for several minutes. I am not talking about a 30-second lift of a dog's leg on the edge of my yard.

I am talking about a LONG stroll deep into and through my lawn. This NEVER used to happen where I moved from.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:12 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,958,549 times
I'm no gardiner, but dog poop and **** isn't good for grass growth, is it?

Old 01-07-2011, 04:12 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,491,224 times
Really? They come up and peer into your windows? I understand that they're technically trespassing. My street doesn't have sidewalks, so when a car is passing, people walking on the street will step into my yard and walk in the grass along the curb until the car's gone. They're technically trespassing, but it's hardly an issue. I don't know, maybe I just don't let little things get to me.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:18 PM

8,991 posts, read 7,845,272 times
It happens in my subdivision also. When someone let their dog poop right next to my mailbox (where I stand to open it), I told the guy I "didn't like dogs in my yard." He replied in a very smart aleck manner that "dogs don't like you either." Other people have let their dogs off leash and allowed them to run thru my landscaped flower bed. I watched this man and he didn't even live in our subdivision.

It happens everywhere, even in very nice neighborhoods. So many people are rude slobs anymore... The funny thing is that they treat dogs better than people!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:18 PM

357 posts, read 726,117 times
Bury some sharpened punji sticks in the yard and see how long this continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or