Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 07:40 PM

4 posts, read 12,182 times

Advertisements

my family and i haved lived in sarasota fl the last 10 yrs and its a great place to live but my husband works in tampa so its time to move closer. we found a house in riverview, in the south fork subdivision. does anyone know anything at all about the area? crime, plenty of kids for my son to play with.type of people etc. anything. need to know as much as i can as fast as i can because we want to move immed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 PM
IHF

1 posts, read 6,705 times
Don't move to South Fork. It is horrible. Panther Trace is much better. Honestly, I would not recommend Riverview at all. There really isn't much there. There is also a lot of crime in Riverview. But if you have to live there, Panther Trace is the best place to live.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:59 AM

3 posts, read 8,209 times
If not Riverview, where would you suggest. Like Metalmermaid, we will be relocating and want somewhere that is great for kids. Our budget is around 300K.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 PM

46 posts, read 139,217 times
Default Move

Try the Covington Development in Apollo Beach (really Riverview).. Lots of houses available starting at around 100K. Like anywhere choose your village (location) carefully. Bristol, for example, in Covington, is a real dumpy street however Cambridge and Covington Stone are very, very nice.

Fairly low crime and such!

Covington is avbout 10 minutes North (closer to Tampa) of Southfork.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:31 PM

708 posts, read 928,680 times
I am somewhat familiar with southfork and panther trace. I would reccommend you drive through and spend as much time as possible in the general area before deciding. Obviously children would have loads of companions. Be sure to visit the stores in the area and you will get a good cross-section of the type of residents this area has. Drive the roads in this area if you must. I am personally not a fan of most of the south bay area-but that is simply me. I think you will find it very different from Sarasota.Good Luck.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:11 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,782,951 times
I've considered moving to Riverview as well. I am military and searching for a great bargin yet even better child friendly environment. I hope to recieve real insight on the area,general taxes,fees,and utility rates. Please reframe from bigot comments(America has a huge problem and its' not those black/hispanic families or their music). Nearly every forum/blog I have encounter was negative regardless the city or area. If I based my decision soley on CD I would move to Atlantis. Just concise & honest insight. Also interested in Nort Port,FL ,Ruskin, parrish,and bradenton. Thank you all in advance. OOH Rahh

Old 08-18-2011, 12:15 AM

670 posts, read 1,270,853 times
Riverview is nice in my opinion and I consider myself to have high standards regarding places I will live. Moved from Fairfax County, VA near DC 5 years ago and really feel safe here, Riverview has some beautiful subdivisions and very low crime (inspite of recent incidents that were not random)

Old 08-18-2011, 07:10 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,782,951 times
Default Appreciative

Thank You Kindly for the insight. I have quite a few areas of intrest as stated in my post. Wesley Chapel,Nort Port,Riverview,Land o' Lake,Ruskin,
Zehprhills(Sp) just off the top. Essentially the level of the counties school system will play a huge part with my future destination. Child-friendly environment,plentiful sport activities (4-15yo), AND close proximity to lesiure time fun(especially with a teen driver in the mist).

Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 AM

63 posts, read 301,611 times
I am retired but moved from the Weston area of Sunrise in Fort Lauderdale Florida. Out near Sawgrass Mills Mall. I live in Phase III of South Fork. River view is not horrible and i have had no problems in the last one year and four months. It is a nice, quiet place to live. My wife works full time and commutes, I work part time. On my street are a retired USMC General, a retired Admiral, a former NBA coach, an Apache Pilot and a host of military and civilians. The USMC General is my sons former CG. I seen no "gang" activity, etc... I worked in Miami around 36 street and 32 Ave for thirty years, spent time on Calls in Liberty city, Overtown, the Beach, Hialeah, and north Dade. My neighborhood in Sunrise was far more affluent and had far more problems on any given day than I honestly have seen here in over one year.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,626,332 times
I live in Riverview and love it. The weather is great, the location is very convenient, my neighbors are friendly without being obtrusive, and we have not had crime issues, but I live in a small community/subdivision where we look out for each other. I wasn't thrilled with the mega-developments, their CDD and HOA fees, and the number of non-owner occupied residences because most renters just don't invest in the community like owners and full time residents do. Ask about these things if they are important to you. Welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay