Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 11:53 AM

31 posts, read 59,332 times

Advertisements

Well, I can say that just recently moved to Apollo Beach and my wife and I believe we made the right decision. However, we looked at Riverview, Valrico and Brandon areas prior to making that decision. Riverview happened to be our second choice, so with that being said it's a far better location than Welsey Chapel. My wife and I are not African-American, but we have always lived in ethnically diverse cities and Riverview is definitely that as is Apollo Beach in my opinion. Wesley Chapel is in Pasco County, which has been a rapidly growing area over the past decade. I am not familiar with the KKK ties to that particular area, but there are connections in New Port Richey and Hudson for sure.

Last edited by Bgotti; 04-18-2011 at 12:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 06:22 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trakkstar757 View Post
Also, craigm1841 yes I am American but since my family is also from Africa, I am African American and part Native American. In my opinion, we are all a little bit of everything but if it helps, let's just say that I am black.
I'm Canadian (and Caucasian, if it matters).

A friend of mine works a fellow originally from Ethiopia.

I guess said Ethiopian went to the States, and when asked his race, he said "Black".

Guess immigration officer said, "You can't use that term, you are an African-American".

Said Ethiopian insisted first of all that yes, he was African, secondly, he now is a Canadian and NOT an American, and his race was BLACK.

Immigration officer insisted his race was "African-American" and said they had no box to check as "black" as it was a derogatory term.

Said Ethiopian came back to work, and told everyone there, "I have never in my life been questioned about my blackness before! Strange country, those United States."

True story... I guess Ethiopians haven't succumbed to political correctness.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:54 PM

769 posts, read 2,051,004 times
We love living in Wesley Chapel. Everything is relatively new- shopping, schools, and houses. The traffic is a pain right now due to the road construction but it'll be great when they are done.

This is the place to be- a lot of new businesses are opening, new restaurants, etc. We have great interstate access as well. Not sure if you're set in stone on the new construction but you can get some relatively new homes that were barely lived in for great prices.

We have great neighbors and love the deed restricted aspect of the area- it keeps it looking great. Watch out for communities with expensive CDDs.

What specific subdivisions with new construction are you looking at?

Old 04-19-2011, 03:52 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
This is so stupid it's not funny. In Europe, Asia they also don't have "boxes of races" to check! US has quite of evolving to do! But sadly here people like to segregate from people's colors to their jobs and beyond!

What about Palm Harbor? there area areas where I just saw properties under $120k and they were by Lake Tarpon, a very nice area!?
4 Bedroom Palm Harbor Homes for Sale - Real Estate with 4 bedrooms in Palm Harbor, FL - Realtor.com®

I wouldn't move to any of those areas like Brandon, Apollo, Riverview.....far from everything and it stinks from that factory! and the "garbage mountain"! Wesley Chapel is middle of nowhere IMO.....I mean, what is the point in living here if you're going to live land locked with the cows? go closer to the beaches from New Port Ritchey down to Clearwater there are several pockets with nice areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
I'm Canadian (and Caucasian, if it matters).

A friend of mine works a fellow originally from Ethiopia.

I guess said Ethiopian went to the States, and when asked his race, he said "Black".

Guess immigration officer said, "You can't use that term, you are an African-American".

Said Ethiopian insisted first of all that yes, he was African, secondly, he now is a Canadian and NOT an American, and his race was BLACK.

Immigration officer insisted his race was "African-American" and said they had no box to check as "black" as it was a derogatory term.

Said Ethiopian came back to work, and told everyone there, "I have never in my life been questioned about my blackness before! Strange country, those United States."

True story... I guess Ethiopians haven't succumbed to political correctness.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:43 AM

769 posts, read 2,051,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
This is so stupid it's not funny. In Europe, Asia they also don't have "boxes of races" to check! US has quite of evolving to do! But sadly here people like to segregate from people's colors to their jobs and beyond!

What about Palm Harbor? there area areas where I just saw properties under $120k and they were by Lake Tarpon, a very nice area!?
4 Bedroom Palm Harbor Homes for Sale - Real Estate with 4 bedrooms in Palm Harbor, FL - Realtor.com®

I wouldn't move to any of those areas like Brandon, Apollo, Riverview.....far from everything and it stinks from that factory! and the "garbage mountain"! Wesley Chapel is middle of nowhere IMO.....I mean, what is the point in living here if you're going to live land locked with the cows? go closer to the beaches from New Port Ritchey down to Clearwater there are several pockets with nice areas.
You really don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are referring to areas that are really in Zephyrhills and have recently been re-zoned to Wesley Chapel, there are no cows. I never see cows on my way home, to work, or just running errands around Wesley Chapel. And it's not in the middle of nowhere, once again, if you are talking strictly about Wesley Chapel proper.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:08 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Next time I'm out there, I will take pictures for you. Wesley Chapel is not comprised only from the Bruce B Downs strip & the Wiregrass mall.

My son's dentist is up there, sadly Babies R Us is also up there.....

As you turn left right before 75 there is a whole cow pasture there...right across to where that "new" mall was going to be built 4 years ago and now there's a bunch of nothing left.

It is also pretty darn far from any beaches around...

It may not be "middle of nowhere" per your taste, but it sure is per mine.

What I mention is nowhere nears Zephyrhills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker24 View Post
You really don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are referring to areas that are really in Zephyrhills and have recently been re-zoned to Wesley Chapel, there are no cows. I never see cows on my way home, to work, or just running errands around Wesley Chapel. And it's not in the middle of nowhere, once again, if you are talking strictly about Wesley Chapel proper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay