U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:38 PM

463 posts, read 953,941 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about getting MBA degree in a near future and i'm starting to look for schools in Tampa area. I know there is USF with their 2-3 year part time program.

I'd like to ask if any of you guys would recommend USF or some other school to get my degree. I plan working while in school and take classes part time with evening classes.

Any information would be great, especially cost, since schools don't really put their prices on the website
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 07:59 AM

27,798 posts, read 28,013,349 times
Can't help you - but do look into U of Tampa.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:37 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,988,542 times
U of Tampa offers a program for working professionals. It meets every other saturday for 24 months.

I know... you are all asking yourselves... "Is there anything this guy doesn't know?"

The University of Tampa - Tampa, Florida - Saturday MBA Program

Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 AM

You do seem to know a lot - is Google search your favorite website?

http://www.ut.edu/detail.aspx?id=6916

Old 01-14-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
You do seem to know a lot - is Google search your favorite website?

The University of Tampa - Tampa, Florida - MBA Program
I am actually a google bot. I am not a human being at all. CityData forums pays google a monthly fee for my services.

Actually, I have looked into this very program. Additionally, research has been a huge part of my career for 10 years, I am one of those people that either knows the answer, or can get it within 20 seconds, regardless of where I am. I always have to be connected to information. I also really really like to help people... I dont know why. Too bad all the jobs where you help people pay like crap.

Also, when I have downtime- I read about random stuff that most people never think about. Yesterday I was curious about where the term "caucasian" came from, so I researched it. Once I spent hours researching the worlds oil reserves, and how oild is refined, mostly because I was interested, partially so I could one-up everyone right here in CityData in an oil spill thread!

Old 01-14-2011, 09:19 AM

463 posts, read 953,941 times
Well the University of Tampa weekend program has 5 year field experience with at least two in managerial (how this thing is even a word?) position. Graduated Spring of 2010 from Computer Science and Engineering which is miles away from business and now work as a consultant with PM position. My on field experiences are nowhere near close to what requirements are. I'll take a look at part time classes but then i have to take gmat ... So not looking forward to that

Old 01-14-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewas View Post
Well the University of Tampa weekend program has 5 year field experience with at least two in managerial (how this thing is even a word?) position. Graduated Spring of 2010 from Computer Science and Engineering which is miles away from business and now work as a consultant with PM position. My on field experiences are nowhere near close to what requirements are. I'll take a look at part time classes but then i have to take gmat ... So not looking forward to that
Yeah- I guess I didnt figure in the fact that you just got out of college. The GMAT wont be so bad. Nothing some adderall wont prepare you for.

I know people are reading that and doing this right now...

I dont have a thought filter.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
I also really really like to help people... I dont know why. Too bad all the jobs where you help people pay like crap.
Very interesting - you probably get some internal reward from helping others. I think that's why a lot of people go into service industries. Also interesting about reading up on topics - very inquisitive. Good quality, imo. You'd probably live in a library had the internet not been invented.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewas View Post
I can see why they require the experience. You have to bring life experiences to the program - my Masters program had a few newly graduated Bachelor's program students and you could tell that they didn't have as much to offer in the classroom.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Very interesting - you probably get some internal reward from helping others. I think that's why a lot of people go into service industries. Also interesting about reading up on topics - very inquisitive. Good quality, imo. You'd probably live in a library had the internet not been invented.
I have a method I use- that would be very difficult without the internet. I start off with wikipedia, and I will just read about an interesting topic, Yesterday it was the origin of "tapas". I will just read along, with my finger on the control button and I will click on any word that is another topic that interests me. Before you know it, I have 20 tabs open on internet explorer, and it could essentially be a never ending research project that really serves no purpose other than to fill my mind with information ranging from useful to useless.

I do fact check my information with references. I am also the same guy that will read about the same political news topic twice. Once on fox news, once on msnbc.

Sad thing for me is that I am a horrible student in school. I am more of a "freelance researcher".

I spent today reading about telecommunications in Mexico. Dont ask me how I got there. I think I was originally looking at what it takes to move to Mexico. I now know exactly what it takes to move there, to include the easier border crossings (Nogalas, just south of Tuscon is the easiest and cheapest if you were wondering). I also know what cellular provider is the best, I even spent time on GSM world looking at coverage maps- and google translated the companies websites to read about them. haha. Some knowledge is useless I guess...

Sorry Tewas for getting off topic here. in an attempt to get this train back on the tracks, if UF offers online classes for an MBA, they have the 36th best business program in the country, according to Forbes (useful information- haha).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or