Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 AM

10 posts, read 16,218 times

Advertisements

So we've been looking in the Grand Hampton area from afar - and we have a BA Chihuahua who does a bit of squirrel patrol in the morning. We are wondering if we were to purchase a home in this area if putting up a privacy fence will violate the HOA or be an issue?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 12:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,660 times
I am wanting to relocate to Hampton. We are a family of 7! Yes we have five kids. Sooo tell me I have been reading all about Hampton and it all sounds good. We live in KY now in a 3300 population town and want out of these mountains and away from it all where the weather is tropical and you dont have to bring your plants in the winter. So please tell me are there places in hampton that are for rent? I can buy but we really.... really dont wonna do that. I own two houses here in KY and I hate being tied down or linked to a place just in case it dosent work out. So how bout it? Do people rent in Hampton? If so what is average rent for a 3 or 4 bd room house? Are the schools good? Can you walk down the street at night without the fear of being mugged, raped, beat up, or just murdered? I looked at city data on Gainsville and was freaked out a little. If people dont rent there are there any suggestions for a good place to raise a family in FL? We have got to go south!!! lol. Help me out plz Because I dont know what CDD & HOA even is? No im not just a dumb hillbilly I just have never got out of this hole for more than 4 or 5 days and its time to go so that my kids will have a greater chance to do something better with there lives than there mom and I did. Any and all feedback is greatly appericiated. Thanks

Old 03-12-2013, 12:56 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,880 times
There are some for rent. If possible do a map search and narrow it down. Grand Hampton is in the 33647 Zip Code but that covers a lot of area.

I saw a 5 bedroom for 2500 a month. Looks like a beautiful place.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:45 AM

877 posts, read 1,912,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyghtnin View Post
So we've been looking in the Grand Hampton area from afar - and we have a BA Chihuahua who does a bit of squirrel patrol in the morning. We are wondering if we were to purchase a home in this area if putting up a privacy fence will violate the HOA or be an issue?

Thanks!
Just saw this. There is only one type of fence you can put up in Grand Hampton and our Pomeranian can walk right through it. What we did was put matching black fencing along the bottom so we can't walk through. Two years later and no complaints so far.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilleygoatgruff View Post
I am wanting to relocate to Hampton. We are a family of 7! Yes we have five kids. Sooo tell me I have been reading all about Hampton and it all sounds good. We live in KY now in a 3300 population town and want out of these mountains and away from it all where the weather is tropical and you dont have to bring your plants in the winter. So please tell me are there places in hampton that are for rent? I can buy but we really.... really dont wonna do that. I own two houses here in KY and I hate being tied down or linked to a place just in case it dosent work out. So how bout it? Do people rent in Hampton? If so what is average rent for a 3 or 4 bd room house? Are the schools good? Can you walk down the street at night without the fear of being mugged, raped, beat up, or just murdered? I looked at city data on Gainsville and was freaked out a little. If people dont rent there are there any suggestions for a good place to raise a family in FL? We have got to go south!!! lol. Help me out plz Because I dont know what CDD & HOA even is? No im not just a dumb hillbilly I just have never got out of this hole for more than 4 or 5 days and its time to go so that my kids will have a greater chance to do something better with there lives than there mom and I did. Any and all feedback is greatly appericiated. Thanks
I'm not 100% sure you are in the right thread because you bring up Gainesville, which is far away. It would be approximately $2,000 a month to rent a house in Grand Hampton. The schools are good, you can check them out on greatschools.net.

It is a gated, guarded community and extremely safe. No fear of being raped or murdered walking down the street.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:33 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
I'm not 100% sure you are in the right thread because you bring up Gainesville, which is far away. It would be approximately $2,000 a month to rent a house in Grand Hampton. The schools are good, you can check them out on greatschools.net.

It is a gated, guarded community and extremely safe. No fear of being raped or murdered walking down the street.
That is what the person who got murdered in Avila must have thought. That one has guards and is extremely difficult to get into but she got murdered by her chauffeur so you never know who is the good one and who is bad....one of the home owners kids may run into a Jodi Areas type of person....

Old 03-15-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That is what the person who got murdered in Avila must have thought. That one has guards and is extremely difficult to get into but she got murdered by her chauffeur so you never know who is the good one and who is bad....one of the home owners kids may run into a Jodi Areas type of person....
Obviously there is no place in the world that is 100% safe.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:40 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
That is a huge stretch...really I'll take my chances on the "mean streets" of Avila or Grand Champion anyday!

Old 03-16-2013, 05:40 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
That is a huge stretch...really I'll take my chances on the "mean streets" of Avila or Grand Champion anyday!
I as only replying on a post where someone was stating it was never going to happen which to me was a stretch since you never know, but I agree overal people should be more safe but then again in any gated community without a guard every pizza delivery person has the code and even with a guard like Saddlebrook has it is so easy to get in...Avila is different and harder to get in though.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:33 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
I as only replying on a post where someone was stating it was never going to happen which to me was a stretch since you never know, but I agree overal people should be more safe but then again in any gated community without a guard every pizza delivery person has the code and even with a guard like Saddlebrook has it is so easy to get in...Avila is different and harder to get in though.
You are right having a guard doesn't stop anyone who really is out to commit a crime...but I think it stops the crimes of opportunity...why have the hassle of getting past a guard when most don't have any!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay