Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 04:35 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Just do a crime report search on Westport and you will see what i mean. It will blow your mind.
And there is your problem. You keep acting as if all of West Pasco is like Westport.

There is only one way in to Westport, you have to pass a little dive bar as you enter and then the next thing on the other side is some little apartments I believe and then those little 2 bedroom homes you always complain about before you get to a few nicer homes on the water.

You made a bad choice and it has pissed you off so you malign all of West Pasco because of it. Did you not see the bar, apartments and 2 bedroom homes as you drove in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 04:03 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
And there is your problem. You keep acting as if all of West Pasco is like Westport.

There is only one way in to Westport, you have to pass a little dive bar as you enter and then the next thing on the other side is some little apartments I believe and then those little 2 bedroom homes you always complain about before you get to a few nicer homes on the water.

You made a bad choice and it has pissed you off so you malign all of West Pasco because of it. Did you not see the bar, apartments and 2 bedroom homes as you drove in?
I am all the way in the back on the gulf. The bar is long gone.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:12 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
I am all the way in the back on the gulf. The bar is long gone.
The bar was there when you bought as were all those 2 br homes you always bring up.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:07 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughMcs View Post
For those that live in the much maligned west Pasco area and pay mortgages, how much do you pay for homeowners insurance and how much do you pay in property taxes.
Thanks in advance for any information.
I just pulled up my insurance and property tax info. My insurance is $742/yr through Citizens and Property taxes are $441/yr.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
The bar was there when you bought as were all those 2 br homes you always bring up.
That bar was heaven for many rough neck bikers. Yes the 2bedroom homes were there and it was a shock coming from Danashores on the bay in Tampa.

I made a killing flipping many of them shoebox homes from around 02 to 05. What was selling for around $140k in 05 is now going for well under 30k. I will be out of here soon once the buyer gets his paper work done, and hope to buy my home back in Danashores.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times
Quote:

I will be honest. I had no idea where Westport was so I had to look it up. I agree that it isn't fair to compare an entire part of a county to that one section. I also don't see what is wrong with owning a 2 bedroom house. If that is what someone can afford, wouldn't you rather someone buy the little 2 bedroom than extend themselves too far and buy a much bigger house that they can't afford to keep up?

I keep telling myself that I am not going to respond to his generalizations about all of West Pasco, but then I can't help myself because of the people out there like me that want to buy a house but don't have a large budget. I want them to know it is ok to look in this part of the county. It isn't as bad as he keeps trying to say it is. Of course there are bad parts, but they aren't as wide spread as he likes to think.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I will be honest. I had no idea where Westport was so I had to look it up. I agree that it isn't fair to compare an entire part of a county to that one section. I also don't see what is wrong with owning a 2 bedroom house. If that is what someone can afford, wouldn't you rather someone buy the little 2 bedroom than extend themselves too far and buy a much bigger house that they can't afford to keep up?

I keep telling myself that I am not going to respond to his generalizations about all of West Pasco, but then I can't help myself because of the people out there like me that want to buy a house but don't have a large budget. I want them to know it is ok to look in this part of the county. It isn't as bad as he keeps trying to say it is. Of course there are bad parts, but they aren't as wide spread as he likes to think.
It's not just Westport. Just on the other side of US19 from West port is just as bad or even worse, so is most of Hoiliday and NPR around US19.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:52 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
In 1994 my retired aunt bought one of those 2 bedrooms homes off Moog Rd west of 19. It was a lovely little community full of well kept homes. However as the older home owners died off homes were sold to HUD or rented out to undesirable people. The neighborhood became dangerous her home was robbed in broad daylight and the house next door was raided for drugs! It's really sad what happend to a once lovely retirement community!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
In 1994 my retired aunt bought one of those 2 bedrooms homes off Moog Rd west of 19. It was a lovely little community full of well kept homes. However as the older home owners died off homes were sold to HUD or rented out to undesirable people. The neighborhood became dangerous her home was robbed in broad daylight and the house next door was raided for drugs! It's really sad what happend to a once lovely retirement community!
I'm sure the whole area was nice in the 70's thru the mid 90's. Now that all the retired people who moved here in the 70's are dead it's nothing but rented homes to drug dealers. Not saying every house, but most of them.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:45 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
So I can drive through the neighborhood you refer to and be in a drug supermarket? Street dealing? Guys/gals coming up to your car asking "whatta need?" Please tell me how you know these details but the sheriff's office doesn't.

Quote:
I'm sure the whole area was nice in the 70's thru the mid 90's. Now that all the retired people who moved here in the 70's are dead it's nothing but rented homes to drug dealers. Not saying every house, but most of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay