Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 05:33 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
It's not just my hood. I coul dwalk across US19 behind the post office and it is just as bad or worse and i mean square miles of homes between US19 and little road. I would do my best to scare anyone from the area's i'm talking about.

I have had drunks fighting in the street at 2am in the morning and just last summer a bum that was drugged out just flopped down in front of my house with his legs in the street passed out. This makes the worst inner cities look like a cake walk.
Wow! Where you are living is scary!.

I actually looked at Trinity and thought that was good for a family but I passed beacuase it was far from work and kind of far from "civilization" too. Also some part of NPR looked good to me but what you are describing is shocking to say the least given that those are the place that sold 600K during the boom.

Hey, run to Dana Shores I would recommend........ Watch out those big water bills!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 07:06 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Wow! Where you are living is scary!.

I actually looked at Trinity and thought that was good for a family but I passed beacuase it was far from work and kind of far from "civilization" too. Also some part of NPR looked good to me but what you are describing is shocking to say the least given that those are the place that sold 600K during the boom.

Hey, run to Dana Shores I would recommend........ Watch out those big water bills!
There is or was only two homes worth over 350k during the boom years in West port. Trinity would be like heaven compared to West port.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:11 PM

147 posts, read 354,402 times
I don't know if I should have started a new thread for this topic. I am interested in purchasing a second home in Pasco. My wife and I visited about 6 months ago and took a look at several homes. Since that time many of the homes that were for sale at that time were taken off the market or the asking prices were reduced. I came across the Pasco Co. appraisal website. I researched some of those homes and discovered that the Market Value, in most cases, was significantly lower than the present asking price.
I'm not familiar with the real estate protocol, my question is should we use the Assessor's Market Value price as the starting point to put in a bid for a home.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:10 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughMcs View Post
I don't know if I should have started a new thread for this topic. I am interested in purchasing a second home in Pasco. My wife and I visited about 6 months ago and took a look at several homes. Since that time many of the homes that were for sale at that time were taken off the market or the asking prices were reduced. I came across the Pasco Co. appraisal website. I researched some of those homes and discovered that the Market Value, in most cases, was significantly lower than the present asking price.
I'm not familiar with the real estate protocol, my question is should we use the Assessor's Market Value price as the starting point to put in a bid for a home.
Yes and no. If the house was bought long time ago, say, 10 or 15, is different than if it was just bought a year or two ago. Also, remember the assessment are normally by the numbers meaning size, bed/bath number and so on as well as what sold recently. Even those sales could get complicated depending on whether they were stressed or not. Other things like cul-de-sack or nature on the back (like we were specifically looking for) and so on may not be reflected in assessment. Also, update in the house that may be reflected. A kitchen renovation may not show up but a swimming pool may..

I advise you to search the real state section of the CD forum and you get answers for exactly what you are asking here. It is not a Pasco or Florida case it's everywhere.

Having said this I did use those numbers when I was looking for home to buy. Not only that I looked at the owners buy/mortgage history to see if I have a negotiating room..

Good luck

Old 02-10-2011, 05:23 PM

13 posts, read 45,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughMcs View Post
I bought a 2nd home in the 34655 zip of Pasco last January. It's a nice 4br 3 bath, pool and a huge pond behind it. I got it for an unbelievable price a year ago and can only imagine what I could have gotten if I waited a year.

I'm not a realtor but I think having a realtor pull comparable sale prices for homes in the area would be a good basis for your offer price.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:18 PM

3 posts, read 6,357 times
I agree with the PP, it would only take a minute to ask any realtor to send you some comprables. I was seriously disappointed when I asked. But, it was a great dose of reality. I'm on the opposite end of the process, since I own a couple of houses in west Pasco that I'm now renting out. I've been keeping an eye the area and it seems that prices are leveling off. I don't see them dipping much further, at least in areas like Trinity.

And FTR, the renters are hard working, decent people. In fact, I live in one of the little 2 BR shoeboxes that I renovated and made into a 3 BR. My neighbors are so fantastic that I'm hesitant to move into the Trinity area or into Pinellas county. I'd rather live below my means with nice folks in W. Pasco than with people I'm afraid are judgemental or snobby (not that they are, but I've heard some stories).
To the OP, I'm not too familiar with Wesley Chapel, but it seems that there's been a ton of new construction over the past few years. Traffic has been horrific every time I've driven through. I wouldn't choose to live that far inland. I don't go to the beach all that often, but living near 19/54 means I am never more than 20 minutes from several Pasco and N. Pinellas beaches. There are some major eye sores, but the cost of living is fantastic and there are always gems of homes and people if you're looking for them.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:56 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Just don't buy in West port.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:09 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPRmom View Post
And FTR, the renters are hard working, decent people. In fact, I live in one of the little 2 BR shoeboxes that I renovated and made into a 3 BR. My neighbors are so fantastic that I'm hesitant to move into the Trinity area or into Pinellas county. I'd rather live below my means with nice folks in W. Pasco than with people I'm afraid are judgemental or snobby (not that they are, but I've heard some stories).
To the OP, I'm not too familiar with Wesley Chapel, but it seems that there's been a ton of new construction over the past few years. Traffic has been horrific every time I've driven through. I wouldn't choose to live that far inland. I don't go to the beach all that often, but living near 19/54 means I am never more than 20 minutes from several Pasco and N. Pinellas beaches. There are some major eye sores, but the cost of living is fantastic and there are always gems of homes and people if you're looking for them.
Thank you for this. I have been trying to get certain people to see that you wrote above. I knew that I wasn't the only homeowner who felt this way about W. Pasco.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:48 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Please provide a link to the info that shows 200 calls in 2 years.

Give me that address again as well. I will be talking to a Pasco Deputy buddy of mine and ask him what he knows about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Well trust me when i say it's over 200 calls over the last 2 years. Two lots are also inlcuded in the price of my house in 04 that i paid 600k for. I sold the house for 220k and am stuck with two lots that are not worth a dime.

I bought back a house i flipped in 05 for 140k on Pocono and paid 28k for it two months ago. I am going to do my best to talk the buyers of my Danashores home to sell it back to me at the same price they paid for it in 04.

So i do have a front row seat to all the action that the duplex can offer, and it does offer alot of action.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:04 AM

2 posts, read 5,354 times
Default Moving to New Port Richey, FL

My husband and I are taking a home shopping vacation to Florida next week. We will be looking at homes in New Port Richey, Port Richey, Hudson, Dade, and Holiday areas. Can anyone tell me about these areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay