Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 11:33 AM

34 posts, read 56,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
We all KNOW JANUARY IS BETTER in Florida. What happens in June, July, August? Listen , I moved to Florida in summer 6 years ago..I thought I'd handle heat no problem. I was WRONG. It was beyond anything I had ever experienced up north. The humidity was suffocating, the heat painfully persistent. EVERY DAY. No relief..the a/c bill painful. You are only looking at now..its way less than half the story.

If you are just looking at now you are being shortsighted. You will be sitting inside for 4 months wishing you had a northern summer.

Ever hear the saying "careful what you wish for...you just might get it" applies right here/

oh boy there we go again with that i know what i am doing. I've done my research and i'm still doing it.. I know it's really hot in the summer i got that! and i do not mind it at all. i'm not going to live my life and be afraid of change.. do you not think that i'm not scared?? of moving to another state? i'm scared to death but i know me and my family!! i know our situation better than anyone. I know what best for me and moving out of Jersey is good choice. It's not just about the warm weather.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:35 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,147,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noonka43 View Post
oh boy there we go again with that i know what i am doing. I've done my research and i'm still doing it.. I know it's really hot in the summer i got that! and i do not mind it at all. i'm not going to live my life and be afraid of change.. do you not think that i'm not scared?? of moving to another state? i'm scared to death but i know me and my family!! i know our situation better than anyone. I know what best for me and moving out of Jersey is good choice. It's not just about the warm weather.
I understand that. You want to move and you will...I wish you the best of luck. I won't say I told you so come August

Old 01-29-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I understand that. You want to move and you will...I wish you the best of luck. I won't say I told you so come August
lol august is bad in jersey as well.. I was born and raised in Thailand for ten yrs. and i think i know what heat is and thanks for your advice

Old 01-29-2011, 11:43 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,604,608 times
Quote:
lol august is bad in jersey as well.. I was born and raised in Thailand for ten yrs. and i think i know what heat is and thanks for your advice
It's true that the heat is intense. The sun is hotter. The humidity is high and it doesn't go down. It lasts longer. (than NJ.... I don't know about Thailand)

But you might be pleasantly surprised and enjoy all that heat and humidity. I do, and I'm not the only one.

As far as AC bills, if you find you like the heat, you can set it higher. We pay much less for heating and cooling than we ever did up north.

Good luck with your move!

Old 01-29-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
It's true that the heat is intense. The sun is hotter. The humidity is high and it doesn't go down. It lasts longer. (than NJ.... I don't know about Thailand)

But you might be pleasantly surprised and enjoy all that heat and humidity. I do, and I'm not the only one.

As far as AC bills, if you find you like the heat, you can set it higher. We pay much less for heating and cooling than we ever did up north.

Good luck with your move!

Thank you!! I'm sure i will enjoy the heat and the weather in Fl. Thailand is HOT. I think it's around 75-80 in thailand around this time of the yr.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Well if you lived in Thailand then you do know heat

...see thats my one complaint..yea the north gets hot ,,,as hot as Florida in mid summer.....and yea, it gets below freezing in Florida too if you are going to use that argument. Its the duration and intensity that matters.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:56 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,114,991 times
We both did the same thing for the same reasons. I know what you know and I agree with you. On the other hand, there are posters here who did not do as we did and they are sorry for it now.

Sounds like you have the plan and knowledge. You will do fine with your relocation!

Quote:
OH really?? i have been to tampa many times and orlando 3 times a yrs or even more. I know exactly what i am getting myself into!! it's not an assumption that my life would be great but it's a fact!! my bills will be cut in half and my household earning would still be the same or even more and i'll be able to save more money.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:58 PM

Now there is a person who is doing it the right way. Not moving on a whim and looking for the "endless vacation". You will love it.

Quote:

Old 01-29-2011, 01:01 PM

I would think that most people do look at the whole picture and not one month. You couldnt handle the heat. A lot of us thrive on it.
All this talk about "sitting inside for..." is ridiculous.

Quote:
We all KNOW JANUARY IS BETTER in Florida. What happens in June, July, August? Listen , I moved to Florida in summer 6 years ago..I thought I'd handle heat no problem. I was WRONG. It was beyond anything I had ever experienced up north. The humidity was suffocating, the heat painfully persistent. EVERY DAY. No relief..the a/c bill painful. You are only looking at now..its way less than half the story.

If you are just looking at now you are being shortsighted. You will be sitting inside for 4 months wishing you had a northern summer.

Ever hear the saying "careful what you wish for...you just might get it" applies right here/

Old 01-29-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I would think that most people do look at the whole picture and not one month. You couldnt handle the heat. A lot of us thrive on it.
All this talk about "sitting inside for..." is ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous? Who wants to sweat? Handling the heat is definitely a female thing. Most males just can't or don't want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay