Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 10:46 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
The REAL question is why do FULL BACKS complain about FL and follow threads on a place and then bash the place they hated so much they had to leave. So, it's OK for someone to say FL sucks but nobody to refute that thought?
I agree with you here. You have a right to defend where you live.

My only complaint (not with you, in general) is Florida people saying its not hot. Its the same as Buffalo people saying its not cold and snowy. Both are tolerable for some but lets call a spade a spade..its hot as hell in Florida. Whther you can tolerate it or like it does not change the fact.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:09 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Anyone who says its not hot in FL in the summer time is out of their minds.

However, most find it manageable and live with it. I haven't seen anyone say its not hot on these threads. What I have seen is people who exaggerate it to the point of it being some sort of hell. Maybe to them it is 95 degrees with 100 percent humidity all the time, but to state that as a fact as they do is inconceivable.

If one did not enjoy their time in FL, that's their thing. But don't blame the place for the fact that it is a whole lot warmer in the summer than in the north east. Anyone who would not expect FL to be hot has to be playing with a few shots less than a quart. It's like moving from Alaska to
Mississippi and expect ice floes on the river in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post

My only complaint (not with you, in general) is Florida people saying its not hot. Its the same as Buffalo people saying its not cold and snowy. Both are tolerable for some but lets call a spade a spade..its hot as hell in Florida. Whther you can tolerate it or like it does not change the fact.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Anyone who says its not hot in FL in the summer time is out of their minds.

However, most find it manageable and live with it. I haven't seen anyone say its not hot on these threads. What I have seen is people who exaggerate it to the point of it being some sort of hell. Maybe to them it is 95 degrees with 100 percent humidity all the time, but to state that as a fact as they do is inconceivable.

If one did not enjoy their time in FL, that's their thing. But don't blame the place for the fact that it is a whole lot warmer in the summer than in the north east. Anyone who would not expect FL to be hot has to be playing with a few shots less than a quart. It's like moving from Alaska to
Mississippi and expect ice floes on the river in January.
Its not that people don't say its hot, its this..ahh its not that bad you'll get used to it concept. It IS that bad and you may well get used to it but if you have never experienced it, get ready for a shock. I remember even the April sun just felt so hot. I am not going to go on about this. If you enjoy the heat thats great. Its all about being happy where you are. Its just funny these threads always start up in January and never in July..

Old 01-30-2011, 12:20 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
The REAL question is why do FULL BACKS complain about FL and follow threads on a place and then bash the place they hated so much they had to leave. So, it's OK for someone to say FL sucks but nobody to refute that thought?
Hey, can I get a translation on what a Full Back is...sorry.

I agree - I'm not going up the the NYC forum to post in their weather threads - or defend FLA weather there. Pretty odd that his thread seems to have a lot of defenders of the miserable snowy weather.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:23 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
FULL BACK - Person or persons who relocated all the way back to where they came from, usually North.

HALF BACK - Person or person who relocated to a point halfway or so from where they came from.

As far as who likes what, it is perception and personal preference. I read the NY Daily News on line this morning and there are sure a lot of folks hating the weather there. So are my relatives who live in NJ, White Plains, NY, Oneida NY, Queens NY, Brooklyn NY. The only ones not complaining is a sister in northern Maine where things are quite normal for them. Lots and lots of snow with temps down around zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Hey, can I get a translation on what a Full Back is...sorry.

I agree - I'm not going up the the NYC forum to post in their weather threads - or defend FLA weather there. Pretty odd that his thread seems to have a lot of defenders of the miserable snowy weather.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:37 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedoften View Post
Although I don't have a dog in this fight, I must say that you appear to have an intense inferiority complex about where you live.

This thread has become your own personal blog with a few other opinions sprinkled in.

Some people don't like the weather in the Northeast, others don't like the heat and humidity of the South. This isn't recent news. The road to happiness does not always start and end with the climate that someone lives in.

Neither region has absolute perfection in their climate.

You seem to like Florida, others don't. Why do you care that much if people don't like where you live, especially if they have left or are planning on leaving?

Cheers.
You got all that out of a joke that has been floating around the internet for years?

Old 01-30-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:

To some people 10 degrees is not cold but to others it is freezing.
To some people 85 degrees is just right, not hot but to others it is hell on earth.

It is not hot as hell in Florida to me, in fact I have been cold for much of the last month with lows in the 20's and 30's and highs not reaching 70. That for sure is not hot as hell.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Its just funny these threads always start up in January and never in July..
I'll give you a hint why these threads don't start much in July.
Here is the thread title, "More snow in Northeast...."

Old 01-30-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
I'll give you a hint why these threads don't start much in July.
Here is the thread title, "More snow in Northeast...."
Cmon you know my point//

Old 01-30-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Cmon you know my point//
Of course I got your point but that doesn't mean I don't get to bust your chops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay