Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 AM

34 posts, read 56,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
That's quite the exaggeration.

I serioiusly did got stranded on my way home from work last winter! it took me 7 hours to get home and my hubby had to drive to my job to pick me up. It usually takes me only an hour.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:14 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
watch the national news much?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:21 AM

76 posts, read 78,268 times
If it takes you 7-8 hours to drive 30 minutes you are a horrible driver and need your license revoked. I'm sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. I never came home from work 1-2 AM.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:25 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay FL View Post
All I've said was so far the neighborhoods are really unimpressive and expensive. I'm sorry but I'm used to neighborhoods that are considered prime location to have sidewalks. I knew it was going to be hot, I knew there was going to be bugs, I knew taxes and insurance was going to be more, what I didn't know was housing was going to be four times more. I may be out of line but I didn't move to Florida to downgrade houses and pay three times more for it. I'm not sure where you are getting this predisposition from. Perhaps I had too high of hopes for Tampa.
The key to the whole "moving to Florida thing" is to do a lot of homework and have reasonable expectations. I also think it has a lot to do with where you move here from. Florida is definatly a step up from some areas but it is definatly a step down from others. There are a lot of people who post here and tell where they come from. I can totally understand why they are so excited about living here. I would be too. Don't set your'e expectations to high and you should be all set.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
I like snow on my terms: Skiing, snow shoeing etc.

Right now I'm very thankful to be down here with my windows and doors open.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:33 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,056 times
Quote:
When we lived in Michigan, it once took my husband seven hours to get home from work, which was usually a 45 minute drive. It was so bad he actually had to get out and shovel the road in order to drive through a couple times. And this was in the city! I remember telling him to just stay at work, but of course he didn't think he needed to.

The night my sister got married, there was a blizzard, and several of the wedding party got stranded on the way to the reception. Going home afterward was interesting.... people stuck all over the place. My parents got stuck close to downtown Detroit and it was a few hours before they got towed out.

So, yes, it can definitely take people several hours to drive anywhere, and many people do get stranded.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:34 PM

21 posts, read 9,862 times
id rather be in a blizzard for the rest of my life then see 1 more pill popping punk run across fletcher trying to get hit by me so they can sue my insurance company.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
When we lived in Michigan, it once took my husband seven hours to get home from work, which was usually a 45 minute drive. It was so bad he actually had to get out and shovel the road in order to drive through a couple times. And this was in the city! I remember telling him to just stay at work, but of course he didn't think he needed to.

The night my sister got married, there was a blizzard, and several of the wedding party got stranded on the way to the reception. Going home afterward was interesting.... people stuck all over the place. My parents got stuck close to downtown Detroit and it was a few hours before they got towed out.

So, yes, it can definitely take people several hours to drive anywhere, and many people do get stranded.

I'm from Michigan and I don't believe you. I had never heard of anyone getting out of their car to shovel unless they slid off the road and into a ditch.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:45 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay FL View Post
I'm from Michigan and I don't believe you. I had never heard of anyone getting out of their car to shovel unless they slid off the road and into a ditch.
If you really don't believe me, you aren't from Michigan.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
If you really don't believe me, you aren't from Michigan.
You're stating that people get out of their vehicles on say Woodward and shovel paths?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay