Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 03:39 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

good to hear that you've been able to find work and turn things around.....keep looking toward the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 06:35 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Happy to hear from you. Wishing you keep on on your way to a job, and to hear there has been some progress.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:46 AM

52 posts, read 78,006 times
thanks, yea things are definitely better then they were. im still working at my goal and its easier now that i have gone to school, less of an uphill battle but it still takes a lot of effort and careful planning. i feel like every step i take is a balancing act trying to make all the best choices to create the best outcome. right now im totally focusing on finding a place close to my new work that's in my price range.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:12 PM

451 posts, read 933,697 times
Good for you, NomadQueen. Glad to hear things have begun to turn around for you. Hopefully Tampa is more pleasant to you now that you can view it from both sides of the tracks. Better luck for the future

Old 05-14-2012, 04:27 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadQueen View Post
i passed the MBLEX a while ago. my teachers test weren't any easier so i was well prepared. i just got hired for a massage job offering 16 plus tips per hour massage which i am ok with for my first job. i have also been doing some restaurant work and haven't been homeless for a while. i also have some money saved up but my new job is in a diff city so im looking for an apartment and if i cant find one within my budget ill have to not take the job. i do have a few other massage places that want to interview me.

let me tell u something... the job i am hired for was my first interview, before that i just did out call massage. and when it was time for them to test my skill the manager called in this huge guy that was bigger that anyone i had ever massaged and said that he was going to be judging my pressure. i gotta say that petrasauging his calves was like petrasauging a tire.im so glad my teacher drilled body mechanics into us cuz im not a big girl. when i got done he offered me the job on the spot and said my pressure was great, and an 8 on a scale of 1-10. he also loved how well i communicated while i was massaging.
Congratulations! All of your hard work is beginning to pay off for you.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:27 PM

272 posts, read 606,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadQueen View Post
no u miss understand, this forum is really old, i was homeless and couldnt make squat. so i went to school for massage therapy while being homeless and now im just giving an update and im not homeless, but my success is still fragile
Stay focused and keep moving forward. The little victories all add up after a while.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:20 PM

Seems like you really have a good sense of problem-solving and decision making......remember, tough times never last, tough people do.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:59 PM

Well I have the apartment. Im so relieved. it was the best deal in town. its a basement apartment with privet entrance and full kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom and all utilities included for $500 a month plus $50 for my boyfriend to stay cuz of extra utilities. Usually you can barley get studios for that much.

I have a confession to make though... I'm not in Tampa anymore, I moved out of FL a few months after graduating. the town I'm in now it super gorgeous, like what you see in postcards. Ill give you some clues. Its up north. along the Mississippi river, surrounded by bluffs and is full of old world looking architecture which I love. as a tourist attraction there are old fashion steam boats you can ride. I paint too so i will be using this place in my art. the library there looks like a museum/ cathedral on the inside with marble floors and stain glass windows. I love libraries. you can go on the roof and they have a huge terrace that looks like something out of Rome and tables and chairs with a view of the river, bluffs/ cliffs and all thees beautiful steeples.
I didnt actually aim to move there, but thats where I got hired and its a super cute town that has been featured in a few magazeens

Ill post pics later. I cant wait to bring my camera up. I'm surprised I could find a place there for such a good deal. well got to go pack

Last edited by NomadQueen; 05-24-2012 at 03:02 PM..

Old 05-24-2012, 02:24 PM

I found 1 pic on google of the view from the library roof that I was talking about. sorry its so small, later I'll take may own pics.
I'll be able to walk to this library from where I'll be living.

Last edited by NomadQueen; 05-24-2012 at 03:08 PM..

Old 05-24-2012, 02:47 PM

now you're getting us envious - glad you found a good, safe place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay