Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:48 AM

403 posts, read 1,193,765 times

Advertisements

Just moved into Cypress Creek, a new community in Ruskin/Apollo Beach area.

Anyone else live in this area?

Love the new house, but disappointed in the lack of restaurants, shopping, etc. Sad that I'll have to drive to Brandon or Riverview to accomplish basic shopping and eating.

New mall planned for 2009 opening date, but in the interim I suppose I'll wait and be patient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 09:55 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,966,803 times
that golf course is pretty nice right by your home. cypress creek golf club...sun city center is the actual town you are in i believe....there is nothing but fast food on sun city center blvd, no movie theatre, nothing...closest decent restaurants are brandon, maybe a few in apollo beach

Old 05-14-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
that golf course is pretty nice right by your home. cypress creek golf club...sun city center is the actual town you are in i believe....there is nothing but fast food on sun city center blvd, no movie theatre, nothing...closest decent restaurants are brandon, maybe a few in apollo beach
That's what i've found.

Where is the golf club at? Is it south of 19th Ave?

Actual address is Ruskin - but its weird. The sales center, a block away from my house, is Sun City Center, and two blocks north of my house is Ruskin.. The address for the pool/rec area is Riverview.

Very interesting - Community seems to be on the corner of all of the above.

I truly hope with the mall coming, that more will start popping up. Also 301 and also Big Bend Road are AWFUL at rush hour times. One lane on 301 is ridiculous, and the way the interchange at Big Bend and 75 are setup is also ridiculous. Might be time to start contacting the county for some help..!

Old 05-14-2007, 10:42 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
No Dought that area is going to be CONGESTED in the next few years, my mom just moved to Valencia Lakes off 301, just north of Sun City Blvd. There are a few mom and pop type establishments my mom is enjoying, but she dreads having to go to Brandon to shop or see a movie. Check out Circles resturants on Apollo Beach waterfront.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:43 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,966,803 times
the golf course is off suncity center blvd to the north off the road that passes by the motel before 75....maybe cypress crk blvd, not sure...i am ironically moving to sun city center from south florida, only 30, gonna stay in my parents vacant home til i find a job then move....could be the youngest person for miles...anyhow 301 is crazy. big bend crazy...if all those proposed condos/homes go up along 301 they will have to widen the road...where is the mall going to be?

Old 05-14-2007, 01:24 PM

Mall is going on Big Bend Rd. SW corner of Big Bend and I-75..

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/04/27/Br...isions_s.shtml

I wonder if it's worth contacting public works to request the road widening now..

I'm 25.. so you won't be the youngest

Old 05-16-2007, 06:53 PM

4 posts, read 34,754 times
Default Ruskin / Apollo Beach area

My wife and I bought a house in wellington at bay park in Ruskin. We live in N.J. and although we will not moviing in for another year, (were waiting for our younger son to finish H,S.) we like the area very much. We found lots of places to dine. Try the resturant at the Inn At Little Harbor which is at the west end of Shell Point Rd West. It is right on Tampa Bay with a great view. After dinner you can have a drink outside at the tikibar an watch the sun set. Circles in Apollo Beach is another excellent resturant that we've gone to. Also on Shell Point Rd East just off 41 is a Spanish resturant that we haven't been to yet but looks good. (will try when we cone down in August) There is also a drive-in movie theather on 41. (maybe bring back some memories?) Further South down 41 or 75 S. you can go to Bradenton beach, Anna Maria Island or over the Sunshine Skyway to St. Pete, Clearwater Beaches. (all within 30 to 40 minute drive.

During our last visit over the winter we made a few trips up to Brandon (Mall Shopping ect.) Its not that bad of a drive, its only about 25 minutes. We drove via 75N and at drifferent times of the day and night. Although there was alot of cars during rush hour, we were still able to due between 55 and 65 mph. We have driven 301 without any problems however during peak hours it does look like it could be trouble. Same with Big Bend Rd - 75interchange. It will be good I guess when they put the mall in, but expect more traffic to come in from outside the area.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:54 AM

9 posts, read 141,813 times
Hi SSpiro,
I'm relocating soon to Apollo as well. Anything about the Real life there would help. My home will be new as well. I'm from NH. First relocation. Very nervous. But I'm a hairstylist and I hear the area needs more of us.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:33 PM

372 posts, read 860,098 times
Apollo Beach is cool, but still overpriced.

I know a few people that gave up their deposits in Ruskin after several homes were broken into during the building phase of the Riverbend subdivision. At least here in Riverview, Ruskin is getting a bad name with the crime. My neighbor is a deputy for HBSO and agreed that Ruskin isn't a great place to live in regard to the crime.

The thing one has to watch out for in newer subdivisions is section 8 housing . Let me preface this by saying, obviously, not all section 8 people are trouble, just like not all millionaires are angels. According to my deputy neighbor, most new subdivisions get government kickbacks if they provide a certain amount of setion 8 housing for that subdivision. In my subdivision, which I won't mention, most neighborhood crime originates from those houses, along with the majority of the subdivision "gang" members. I live on the opposite side from the section 8 homes of this subdivision and only had a couple run-ins with thug-wannabes. That's two more run-ins than I care for.

If I had to choose between Apollo Beach and Ruskin, Apollo Beach wins hands down. Unfortunately, the high school at Apollo Beach is not rated very high and has a significant amount of gang population.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone who lives in Apollo Beach or Ruskin, but I'd rather answer honestly than to lead someone on blindly.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 13,433 times
Hi neighbor. I am also in Cypress Creek. There are a few places to eat out here just not a lot of chain restaurants that are not fast food. By home depot in Sun City there are a few in the shopping center, and I am sure that all of those strip malls on Sun City Blvd have a few here and there. It is just like the "back in the day" before the evolution of chain restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay