Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:48 AM

188 posts, read 331,978 times

Advertisements

What do ya know about...affordability and quality of housing, safety, schools, traffic (I work from home, hubby will have territory between Palm Harbor and Crystal River). Let me hear it! Good, bad and ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 07:40 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
New Tampa would be a HELL of a commute for him! Move to Palm Harbor, good schools, closer to the beaches and his commute would be much better.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:35 AM

605 posts, read 1,054,444 times
I liked living in New Tampa, but Bruce B. Downs is hell.

I commuted from Wesley Chapel to Clearwater. Not fun at all!

Old 05-18-2012, 11:07 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,880 times
Long commute as algia and tinalimey have said. But it is NICE THERE!! One of the really nice communities around the Tampa area.
What about the communities up off HWY54? Trinity, Odessa, right off 54 you have Concord Station, Ballantrae? Also some very nice areas around Lake Tarpon as well.

I do see what you like about New Tampa though!!

Old 05-18-2012, 01:14 PM

877 posts, read 1,912,515 times
We live in New Tampa and really like it. It's a great place for young families. I agree the commute to Palm Harbor would be brutal though.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:52 PM

Thanks for the advice on commuting. The distance isn't that far so are you saying the traffic congestion would make it a bad commute?
My husband does have the flexibility of commuting outside of the regular morning and afternoon commutes. Would that help at all?

We have definitely considered Trinity, Odessa and LOL. It would all depend on whether we could afford what's there. Wesley Chapel seems like it's as far East as New Tampa. Is the commute Hell from there too?
I'm having to open my mind back up to theTrinity area. Early on in my search I thought I had been told it was a bad area (like New Port Richey) so I stopped looking. I've since been told I got bad information.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:17 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,880 times
Well, from Wesley Chapel and the North section of New Tampa...jumping right on 54 will get him to HWY 19 which would connect him to his work area. I know I was in Hudson (real close to Spring Hill two days ago) It was 6:00 PM and it took me 25 minutes to get from there to Land O Lakes. Add another 5-10 to Wesley Chapel/New Tampa.
I'm a little surprised regarding affordability. I know every case is different, but I thought that New Tampa was more expensive than Wesley Chapel, Land O Lakes, etc... Are you looking at specific subdivisions in those areas?
Not trying to be nosey, definately curious though

Old 05-18-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Well, from Wesley Chapel and the North section of New Tampa...jumping right on 54 will get him to HWY 19 which would connect him to his work area. I know I was in Hudson (real close to Spring Hill two days ago) It was 6:00 PM and it took me 25 minutes to get from there to Land O Lakes. Add another 5-10 to Wesley Chapel/New Tampa.
I'm a little surprised regarding affordability. I know every case is different, but I thought that New Tampa was more expensive than Wesley Chapel, Land O Lakes, etc... Are you looking at specific subdivisions in those areas?
Not trying to be nosey, definately curious though
No specific neighborhoods. I think you're right about it actually being more expensive, but I was curious if we could squeeze a little more our of our budget to afford it, what would the community have to offer us? No sense in looking too closely if it's not an area that would work anyway. And it sounds like the commute is a deal breaker.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:11 PM

605 posts, read 1,054,444 times
The commute might be better from Wesley Chapel as there's an exit onto I75 close by. New Tampa folks have to deal with Bruce B. Downs which is a total pain.

(Did they finish the roadworks on BBD yet? If so I'm sure it's better, but there are LOTS of lights along there.)

Old 05-18-2012, 04:28 PM

64 posts, read 110,089 times
NO BBD is still a mess. I was joking that my 8 year old would be driving through BBD construction. It seems like it is never going to end!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay