U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 07:18 PM

16 posts, read 36,617 times

Advertisements

Hey there, I'm a 32 year old professional moving to Tampa Bay or St. Petesburg within the next month for a job opportunity.

I'm interested in hearing what area of either city I should consider moving to - I am probably going to rent rather than purchase since I am hoping to be promoted and move along within 2-3 years.

I'm looking to spend anywhere from $700-$1500/month on rent (I realize that's a HUGE range of $$ but I'm willing to pay top dollar if there is a complex or area of Tampa that is just hands down the best place to live).

I have a 40 lb dog so I'd like a balcony or private yard for him, I'd prefer a hip or historic building (either a glass tower like Skypoint or a historic loft with exposed beams bricks, etc - realize that's few and far between in Tampa).

Does anybody have any thoughts on Skypoint in Tampa or Skyline Fifth in downtown St. Pete? What is the nightlife like in either city? I plan on actively dating and prefer to walk/cab it to the clubs and home rather than worry about driving.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 07:05 AM

463 posts, read 952,700 times
If your job is in St. Pete, i would not look into Tampa and vice versus. Travel times are just too long to live and work in different cities. Now if your job is in Tampa, then i would recommend you look at soho area, hyde park and channelside. One of the best nightlife scenes are in Soho with tons of young(ish) people there. I'm sure you will be able to find some dates there.
Channelside is nice place and you can take trolley ride to ybor city and short cab drive to soho.

Have fun looking

Old 02-14-2011, 08:40 AM

494 posts, read 1,503,002 times
If in Tampa - I beleive ParkCrest on Harbour Island has a lot of rentals. The Element is the sister bldg to Skypoint and I think it's for rent. Channelside has tons of rentals.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:12 PM

41 posts, read 145,883 times
get on Priceline, stay in a hotel for a week or so, and check out downtown St. Pete and Soho in Tampa. These are the most vibrant areas for people your age. See which you like better and find a place around there. You'll be glad you did instead of committing to something based on other peoples advice.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:22 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,492,745 times
I'm a little skeptical about that Skyline Fifth place. That was a rundown low-income (I think) apartment before they kicked everyone out and renovated it. It's not a bad location--convenient to a lot of places, though a little on the sketchy side in terms of crime--but you'd be about thirty to thirty-four blocks away from the action in Downtown St. Pete. Not far, but not close enough to walk.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:46 AM

2 posts, read 8,998 times
your 32 have a family and grow up dude.. forget the nightlife your old im 28 and i dont even go to that stuff...

Old 02-20-2011, 09:50 AM
EB2

1,927 posts, read 5,664,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxis300 View Post
your 32 have a family and grow up dude.. forget the nightlife your old im 28 and i dont even go to that stuff...
Did it ever dawn on you that not everyone wants a family and/or marriage? Amazing concept, eh?

He can go to a multitude of clubs. A club can mean anything. I can go to a club for comedy and a beer or glass of wine. Or I can go and have a bunch of 25 year old men trying to rub all over me. Nightlife can be a semi vague term, depending on the individual, as well.

Basically, what I'm saying - be respectful (and I would have been respectful to you, in turn).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or