Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 02:08 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Wall Springs Park became a favorite see below why:

I took the photo below a few weekends ago at Wall Springs Park, the other is from Allegany last summer....I Love it there...and we do that already, I just miss having mountains around for short notice trips.

Howard Park is a favorite...

We also go to Fort Lauderdale/Miami a lot since we have family there..we're all over the place.
I don't take a lot of pictures, but for some reason at Wall Springs I end up taking a lot of pictures. They almost all come out beautifully. I don't know if there is something about the lighting there that makes it that way, or if there is just so much beauty there that it is hard to get a bad picture. Now I am getting another urge to go back to Wall Springs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 02:08 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,304,985 times
So funny to see that Bradford Sign...my husband moved there for a year back in the 90's and we've been through it several times, actually behind Zippo, there is this street that goes up on a hill that has some gorgeous homes, the details on those homes are just incredible. His brother lives in Portville.....LOL

Old 02-15-2011, 02:12 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
It is so hidden tho...you have to really pay attention driving south on Alternate 19 in Palm Harbor...and besides the awesome sunsets there, it is the ONLY park with a covered/sun shaded playground that we found around here so far! Ingenious idea that should be applied to ALL playgrounds around Florida not just Tampa. It keeps the structures from overheating and it is just awesome, kids can play without sun burns.
Anderson Park has somewhat recently tried to shade parts of their big playground, but it hasn't been done nearly as well as it is at Wall Springs. It is fantastic there. Not only do you have to worry less about sun burns, but you also don't have to worry about their legs burning on the slides, etc. I think more parks will pick up on this. Pinellas County parks are for the most part fantastic parks. They really have a great park system.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:15 PM

hahahaha, it is a combination of both, plus those little islands there, it is very peaceful, I usually leave my hubby with the kids to go nuts on the playground and I take a walk twoards the water and enjoy every moment of that peace and quiet! LOLOL

I love those fish tho...last time we went there was 1 pelican there making their life a living hell....he was keep diving after them and of course catching them no problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I don't take a lot of pictures, but for some reason at Wall Springs I end up taking a lot of pictures. They almost all come out beautifully. I don't know if there is something about the lighting there that makes it that way, or if there is just so much beauty there that it is hard to get a bad picture. Now I am getting another urge to go back to Wall Springs.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:20 PM

Yeah, whomever did that, great job indeed, that was my problem here always, luckily our playground in our subdivision is shaded in the morning and afternoon, which leaves just a few hours around lunch for it to get those structures really hot but other than that, most others are sitting in the sun...but we were thrilled when we found Wall Springs because there is something there for all of us and that's always a plus.

Howard Park's playground is naturally shaded so it's nice as well and Lake Park.

I think Anderson was next on my list, I usually use this website for "new' parks to explore..LOL
Pinellas County Parks and Recreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Anderson Park has somewhat recently tried to shade parts of their big playground, but it hasn't been done nearly as well as it is at Wall Springs. It is fantastic there. Not only do you have to worry less about sun burns, but you also don't have to worry about their legs burning on the slides, etc. I think more parks will pick up on this. Pinellas County parks are for the most part fantastic parks. They really have a great park system.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:19 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Please get back on topic.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:12 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
It's probably the only part of Florida where I'd ever live.
Why is that?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:19 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,306,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Why is that?
Well, Central Florida, I guess. Between Florida 44 and Florida 62. No interest in South Florida or Southwest Florida. I don't mind visiting those places, but I have no interest in living down there. Jacksonville doesn't do much for me and I can't stand the Panhandle outside of Apalachicola and Pensacola.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:49 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
Quote:
It's probably the only part of Florida where I'd ever live.
Quote:
Well, Central Florida, I guess. Between Florida 44 and Florida 62. No interest in South Florida or Southwest Florida. I don't mind visiting those places, but I have no interest in living down there. Jacksonville doesn't do much for me and I can't stand the Panhandle outside of Apalachicola and Pensacola.
I asked because I feel the same way. After being in South Florida many times and living in Orlando, I feel the same way. I had been having trouble choosing between Hillsborough County and Broward County. But after my almost year long research on Tampa Bay area in general, I'm leaning more towards this area. I love Central Florida, not neccessarily the Orlando area but I mean if I had to stay here I could, I just don't want too, I prefer to be near water (A Bay, Ocean, River), and Tampa Bay has more variety, Beach Villages, Urban Core, Suburban Landings, countryside living, and just everything else. I like it. I like the people, the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, the overall more museums and or things to do outside of touristy things like here in Orlando. I just like it.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:18 PM

427 posts, read 1,093,735 times
Not, I don't care for living here. I've been rotting away in this primitive coconut laden peninsula since I was born here. And I haven't been on a trip for 10 years. But that's all going to next month when my plane leaves for Los Angeles. That's right, you heard correct. I splurged the extra money too for non-stop tickets. Get on the plane in Tampa, 4.45 hours later I'm at LAX.

I'll be partying it up at infamous nightclubs like the Troubador and the Key Club in Hollywood. Places where famous bands like Van Halen and Motley Crue got their start. Oh, and SMOKE FREE too. Sorry but South Howard doesn't cut it for me. It's just a bunch of wannabees that can't make it in a real city. Perhaps you'll see me on the Tonight Show too as I reserved some seats for it. I'm going to eat at Roscoes's Chicken and Waffles where Larry King interviewed Snoop Dog at. I want to see that big famous doughnut building, the LA Coliseum, Staples Center, Hollywood sign, big awesome freeways, and any other big city stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay