Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 AM

18 posts, read 66,949 times

Advertisements

My family (my son and BF) and I are relocating back to the Tampa Bay area. We once lived in Tampa a few years back but now we are switcihing to Clearwater area now. I am looking to rent a studio or one bedroom for now that is a month to month basis. This is so we get more comfortable with the area and then pick where we are most comfortable to live. I have a few questions for everyone. I hope someone can help me!

Schools?? Elementary? My son will be in PreK next fall. His education is very important to me and I do not want to just send him to any school. Also do you know anything about the prek program, how much it costs?

Daycare! When we first move down this will be very important for me to find. I need to find something that will cover 1st and 2nd, since my work schedule can change.

Where is the area is the safest neighborhood? I cant afford to live in the exensive area, I am looking to rent an apartment or home around 700 a month for a two bedroom.

Dog parks?? I have a small dog and I would love to know where the paks he can go to are.

Bus route... I do have a car, but sometimes I like just hope on the bus instead of driving if it is convient for me. Is it safe in that area?? Also finding a home near a bus route would be nice.

If anyone can help with any of this, it will be appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 07:37 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,145 times
My opinions and replies are below in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeringm View Post
My family (my son and BF) and I are relocating back to the Tampa Bay area. We once lived in Tampa a few years back but now we are switcihing to Clearwater area now. I am looking to rent a studio or one bedroom for now that is a month to month basis. This is so we get more comfortable with the area and then pick where we are most comfortable to live. I have a few questions for everyone. I hope someone can help me!

Schools?? Elementary? My son will be in PreK next fall. His education is very important to me and I do not want to just send him to any school. Also do you know anything about the prek program, how much it costs? Look into the VPK program, it is free as long as you make sure your child attends a minimum amount of days during the school year. vpkhelp.org will help you with this. You cannot begin to sign up until you are here and have proof of residency (lease agreement, utility bills, etc.)

Daycare! When we first move down this will be very important for me to find. I need to find something that will cover 1st and 2nd, since my work schedule can change.

Where is the area is the safest neighborhood? I cant afford to live in the exensive area, I am looking to rent an apartment or home around 700 a month for a two bedroom. $700 for a safe two bedroom should be doable in the Clearwater area. If you are thinking Clearwater Beach area, you will not find such a place. Beware, most places in Clearwater at this price range will not be the nicest places (amenities, etc).. but they can still be safe

Dog parks?? I have a small dog and I would love to know where the paks he can go to are.

Bus route... I do have a car, but sometimes I like just hope on the bus instead of driving if it is convient for me. Is it safe in that area?? Also finding a home near a bus route would be nice. Unless your work is going to be only a few miles away from your residence the bus system is terribly inefficient here. I wish I could ride the bus to work, as there is a bus stop very close to my home and a bus stop near my work. Only problem it, it would take me 2.5 hours on a bus compared to my 45 minute commute. Since parking is free for me, and my car gets 32 mpg I just can't justify it.

If anyone can help with any of this, it will be appreciated!!!

Old 03-01-2011, 01:33 PM

18 posts, read 66,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
My opinions and replies are below in red.
Thanks! I know clearwater beach will not happen! LOL! I was thinking palm harbor, saftey harbor or countryside. Do you know of any other areas other than Clearwater but not to far that would be ok?

Old 03-02-2011, 04:24 PM

436 posts, read 1,120,881 times
Palm Harbor supposedly has the best public schools in the county. It's extremely safe and full of families. I'd suggest you look there. If I had a kid now, I'd be thinking Palm Harbor or possibly Dunedin, but not Clearwater. The schools aren't as good in most of Clearwater (judging by online stats) and I didn't care for the area when I went through it.

Look up school ratings here: GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community
Look up zoning for school assignments here: Interactive Map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay