Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 04:07 PM

32 posts, read 57,355 times

Advertisements

Sorry... the Wesley Chapel info is over in the "want to move from ca to west fl....." thread ... guess I should have read and replied over here to this specific question first... and just private messaged in the other one thread.

TGIF.... Have a good one!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2006, 08:43 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,214 times
LOL has always been full of junk trailors and trash businesses. Nice if you want to live by the RXR tracks. I'll take the traffic in WC and New Tampa where everything is new.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,679 times
I do agree with you. Altough You really have no room to talk. Detroit is infested with natsy people that are dirty and rude. Everyone that I have ever met from Detroit is uneducated. They seem to have a snooty essence to them. They are from a ruined down manufactured city and they don't have any respect for anyone. I 've been all over Michigan and with the acception on Ann Arbor; It's filth. I'm from California and there we respect our enviorment and have a great additude towards people and our cities. I think you are blunt and you shouldn't preclude to everyone in this area. Also I have been to New Port Richy and thats a whole bunch of low class northern people that are sick of snow and come to bother Floridians. About our culture and beach loving-selves. So don't mess with us or you can fly away little snow-bird. HaHaHa! Well, Thank You for your time towards this controversial arguement. Sincerly, Brad P. M.D.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:55 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,743,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfromOC View Post
I do agree with you. Altough You really have no room to talk. Detroit is infested with natsy people that are dirty and rude. Everyone that I have ever met from Detroit is uneducated. They seem to have a snooty essence to them. They are from a ruined down manufactured city and they don't have any respect for anyone. I 've been all over Michigan and with the acception on Ann Arbor; It's filth. I'm from California and there we respect our enviorment and have a great additude towards people and our cities. I think you are blunt and you shouldn't preclude to everyone in this area. Also I have been to New Port Richy and thats a whole bunch of low class northern people that are sick of snow and come to bother Floridians. About our culture and beach loving-selves. So don't mess with us or you can fly away little snow-bird. HaHaHa! Well, Thank You for your time towards this controversial arguement. Sincerly, Brad P. M.D.

Brad - I tend to agree with you. Detroit is a dump, no question about it. My family still lives there but in the nicer suburbs (Troy mainly). I never liked Michigan, which is why I moved away in the first place.

And by the way, I am college educated as well. But you are right, many people in the Detroit area are not college educated, even the ones that make a good amount of money. That's because until recent years they didn't need to be because the auto industry gave these uneducated people very good salaries to work in the factories. I know a lot of people that never stepped foot in a college and a very good wage.

I lived in Vegas for over 9 years and visited California regularly. SOME places in California are nice and care about the environment and such. Some places are just downright dumps. And believe me, LA has it's share of uneducated people.

Furthermore, I was only giving my opinion of the areas around Land O' Lakes. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and the original poster has a right to hear all sides before making a decision. Just because you don't happen to agree with me doesn't make you right. We all see things different ways.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:57 PM

28 posts, read 91,500 times
WOW, that one comment about bad schools in Florida. All I can say is WOW. We moved to TN this past year and let me tell you that the education systems is far better than what is offered here. I know from experience both as an Educator and a Parent. Alot of people who comment about how bad the Florida schools are, are the ones you want to find out how involved are they. Bottom line is, there are wonderful TEACHERS and really bad TEACHERS at every school. Trinity area is a great for families. You have nice new homes, GREAT schools, and many things to do with the family. You are close enough to the airport, beaches, and great shopping. Tour some of the schools and I know you will be impressed. They make their teachers work and not teach the same way for 30 years. I wish you lots of luck and look at the source of people's comments. Do they really know the schools are just commenting to impress someone!

Old 11-12-2006, 06:00 PM

251 posts, read 885,588 times
"To me trash is trash no matter what the color, I am sure living in Pasco county you will realize this quite quickly!"

REBECCA IN TAMPA

I am not sure what you meant by your comment above; Pasco is where MOST of the people LIVING in the Tampa area WANT to be. (Note 80,000 commute they’re every day!) There are very nice areas in Pasco. We live in a community that is gated and are all 3 acre lots or larger. My husband just finished a house in "Pasco" that is on 300 acres and is 18,000 sq feet with a 10,000 sq foot pool enclosure. Pasco is becoming the home of the rich!

Also I am not impressed with Starbucks; it's just another McDonalds to me! And if a Super Target is your idea of good shopping and denotes a pleasant place to live that's kind of funny. I would think that people looking for a good place to live would be more in tuned to good schools, low crime, and good paying jobs. Target & Starbucks would not be at the top of my list.

Last edited by SunshineState; 11-12-2006 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: was meant to post below another post by Rebecca in Tampa

Old 11-12-2006, 08:34 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,743,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineState View Post
! Target & Starbucks would not be at the top of my list.
Starbucks is at the top of my list, I have to be near a Starbucks. I love my iced chai!

Old 04-23-2007, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 5,254 times
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
We are moving to Pasco county as well in two weeks and have two small children. I researched the areas and decided on Land O' Lakes largely because I liked the demographics better (less minorities - which will ultimately make the schools and area better). No offense intended but some people want "cultural diversity" in their neighborhoods and some don't. After 9 years of living in a highly "diverse" neighbhorhood I am seeking the least diverse I can get! :-)

As an African American woman who recently relocated to Tampa from Long Island, I am so thankful for forums such as this. One thing about you "Red Wings Fan" that I do appreciate is that your prejudice attitude is out in the open! You refuse to hide it like so many do. We've had suspicious feelings about a high concentration of racist attitudes in Pasco County. This forum helps us quite a bit!

Old 04-23-2007, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 5,254 times
Default Sad, Very sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca in Tampa View Post
Good luck w/that REDWINGSFAN! You are moving to one of the most cultural diverse states in the country!

[ (less minorities - which will ultimately make the schools and area better). As for this comment do you not realize out of the 50 states we are like 48 for having the worst schools?

I honestly have never heard of ANYONE moving anywhere close to miami or Tampa w/that in mind. I think you will be highly dissappointed if that is all your decision was based on.

To me trash is trash no matter what the color, I am sure living in Pasco county you will realize this quite quickly!

on a better note, I do think LOL is a nice area to raise a family, It has a starbucks, some good restaurants, a super target close by and soon a mall. Therefore it should be a pleasant place to live.
This is sad to see, Rebecca--but, as I stated previously, I'm thankful that your attitude about minorities is out in the open!

Old 08-22-2008, 05:50 PM

2 posts, read 6,233 times
welcome, you all may like the ballentrae sub division off rt 54 in LOL
the schools are all close by, and major highways are within reach.
I too am a miss placed jersey girl, you cant beat this place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay