U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 11:07 AM

4 posts, read 19,353 times

Advertisements

Looking relocate to Pasco County , I have a wife and 2 young children looking to spend around 350,000. Whats the best place to be?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2006, 03:06 PM

please any info on the pasco area

Old 08-24-2006, 03:30 PM

34 posts, read 126,757 times
Default trinity, lol, w.C

Kinda depends on where you are going to work! They are all nice areas! What kind of specifics did you want to know about? I should be able to help I am very familiar with the area.

Email me if you have specific questions. jony_beck@yahoo.com

If you are looking for school info we do have websites w/the school ratings.
http://www.schoolmatch.com/ppsi/schools/s1201530.cfm

There are a lot of good private schools in the Trinity area. The other two cities you would have to commute to tampa for private schooling (which I would not recommend due to the drive time.) My kids start at 7:45 so you would have to leave EARLY.

Hope that helps. you can post or email me if you want specific info on some areas, I just am not sure what exactly your wanting to know. They are all nice places to live, but the commutes may be long.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:53 PM

thanks for the info will be doing sales from home and road company based in dover

Old 08-24-2006, 05:39 PM

6,244 posts, read 7,425,205 times
I've been to Trinity many times as my friend lives there. I really like the place. Be forewarned that Trinity has come to mean a geographical area just outside the city limits of New Port Richey, not just the Trinity developments. The Trinity east development is just starting to build now, Trinity West is almost all built out, but has MANY houses for sale (lot of speculators). Lot size is smaller in Trinity west. You also have the older Foxwood section, and the gated section. Commuting to Tampa isn't bad via 19 or Suncoast, although when they are working on 54, it can take longer. Longleaf was also a nice development, as it combined housing with lite retail. Some people don't like it because it allows accessory apartments, and tries to force the feeling of a small town community.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:25 AM

I think since driving time is not an issue, you would more than likely get more for your money in Wesley chapel/LOL area! Trinity housing prices are higher. I think you will get more for your money in Wesley chapel/LOL! There are some nice housing developments up there.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:27 AM

34 posts, read 27,371 times
I live in Pasco and it's a real southern feel the more you go inland. Near the Gulf, it's all New Yorkers/New Jersey/Northeast/Michigan implants for the most part. Closer to the Gulf, the houses run around $300k for a new one. This county is full of retirees and older people. There isn't much to do here for young children or teenagers. There's no high paying jobs around here (you are going to have to commute to Tampa which takes 45 min. to an hour). Lots of funeral homes, there's a hospice, and they are building a new hospital. There are gangs here too so you have to watch out for that. The murder rate is very low but the crime rate is very high (assaults, robbery, etc.). Anyway, if you have any other questions just ask.

Last edited by weatherfordfan; 08-28-2006 at 11:44 AM..

Old 08-28-2006, 11:56 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,295,448 times
We are moving to Pasco county as well in two weeks and have two small children. I researched the areas and decided on Land O' Lakes largely because I liked the demographics better (less minorities - which will ultimately make the schools and area better). No offense intended but some people want "cultural diversity" in their neighborhoods and some don't. After 9 years of living in a highly "diverse" neighbhorhood I am seeking the least diverse I can get! :-)

Old 08-29-2006, 01:57 PM

Default good luck in your move

Good luck w/that REDWINGSFAN! You are moving to one of the most cultural diverse states in the country!

[ (less minorities - which will ultimately make the schools and area better). As for this comment do you not realize out of the 50 states we are like 48 for having the worst schools?

I honestly have never heard of ANYONE moving anywhere close to miami or Tampa w/that in mind. I think you will be highly dissappointed if that is all your decision was based on.

To me trash is trash no matter what the color, I am sure living in Pasco county you will realize this quite quickly!

on a better note, I do think LOL is a nice area to raise a family, It has a starbucks, some good restaurants, a super target close by and soon a mall. Therefore it should be a pleasant place to live.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:09 PM

49 posts, read 163,469 times
Default Wesley Chapel

Can't help you much on Trinity, I've driven past it a few times and it is a lot like any other subdivision.

There is a ton of growth in Wesley Chapel and Land O'Lakes. Also plenty of traffic! We have lived in Wesley Chapel since 1995. It is close to I-75 and unlike when we first moved here, there is plenty of shopping (Super Target, Wal-Mart, Bealls, Publix, Marshalls, J.C. Penney and more coming...and restaurants (including NY/NJ style pizza).

The major subdivisions in Wesley Chapel are Meadow Pointe, Seven Oaks, Northwood on the Bruce B. Downs corridor. Quail Hollow (where we live) has large lots, no deed restrictions but a very nice area. Something for everyone whether you like master planned communities or value your freedom!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or