U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 08:16 PM

581 posts, read 2,100,530 times

Advertisements

I was looking at Trulia.com and whenever I see a short-sale or foreclosure, it
doesn't show the full address and tries to get you to buy a paid subscription
to RealtTrac to find out where it is.

Are there any good FREE internet sites to browse Florida home foreclosures?
Also, are there a lot of good deals to be had or are banks still trying to get
2006 prices on the "upside-down" houses they have sitting empty?

Thanks!
Tom
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,272 times
Tom,
I was tired of all those sites being advertised as "free" and then requiring a credit card to show the property address. Almost all of them are that way. There is one good site I found called www.EmailForeclosures.com that does not ask for CC info and will show you full addresses for free. I have bought a couple homes off there, and got pretty good deals. As far as the banks lowering their prices, I have noticed that they are starting to be more reasonable lately with their asking prices. Best of luck!

Old 06-24-2011, 11:49 PM

9 posts, read 29,900 times
yes I got a listing book account for free from a good friend of mine who is currently trying to help me purchase a home! Let me know if you want one as well I can send you her info.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:20 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
4,270 posts, read 4,437,559 times
If you want to do the research the information is readily available.

Narrow down the area and do an address search on properties on that block. Record the owner's names, then go to the Clerk of the Circuit Court web site and search on their names for court records.

While this is pretty tedious, you will find the property and have a good idea of where it is in the process. The foreclosure web sites will often list properties that only have a lis pendens filing, which is really, really early in the game.

Zillow will often give you a very narrow range for an area which makes searching go a lot faster...

RM

Old 06-25-2011, 03:22 PM

3,237 posts, read 5,493,410 times
hillsclerk.com

Old 06-26-2011, 06:22 PM

45 posts, read 57,193 times
Trying to make money off of others' losses? Well guess what, it takes money to make money! Why should anyone help you?

Old 06-27-2011, 02:06 AM

609 posts, read 1,490,774 times
Foreclosure.com | Foreclosures | Foreclosure Listings

The official Governmetn site. No fees. Just make sure you investigate the condition of property and details before buying. Some have to be destroyed and you're basically buying property but pricing shoudl reflect that

Old 06-27-2011, 04:50 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,053,116 times
I've made the investment in a realtytrac subscription and it more than paid off. If you can't afford the $30 or $40 a month it costs to get the best up-to-date data on foreclosures, then you probably shouldn't be buying property anyway.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:57 PM

1,450 posts, read 2,671,715 times
for HUD foreclosures try HUD Homes | HUD Homes For Sale | HUD Houses you have to find a real estate broker who is registered to bid on these and there are rules - like you have to be an owner occ to bid first, then after a period of time investors can bid.
Good luck, my office is a registered brokerage for these.
No cost to you I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or